PDA

View Full Version : Custom Motormaster

S.O.N.
08-09-2010, 04:26 PM
This is another custom of mine, Motormaster! One of my favorite characters. Thought I'd share with all of ya!
Here's a video link I did on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz-h85AOVJQ

zuffyprime
08-10-2010, 01:07 AM
very nice!

Autobotx23
08-10-2010, 02:49 AM
I'm sorry, but that looks nothing like Motormaster. No flat head, no sword, and if if you are going to use the super mode height, you should use all parts of the the super mode so that he can stand properly.

I do not mean to be overly critical, the paint job looks good. But simply painting Optimus Prime purple and black does not make him a Motormaster, I believe it take more work than that.

As of now, you have a very nice potential Nemesis Prime, sir. But, no, Motormaster he is not, IMO.

S.O.N.
08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
The only way to make a 'perfect' or even a custom motormaster that resembles his former g1 self would be to incorporate his trailer into his actual bot mode and have his tractor cab as his feet. That's nearly impossible man (I've only seen 1 custom like that and I think it was a total kitbash).

Nemesis Prime is mostly all black with purple or teal and some red so I can't see that man.

Besides, even the top dogs use this figure as a motormaster and have used it in their combiners for Menasor.

He stands just fine without the armor too man and I think he looks like a gorilla without the super mode.

I do plan on adding a custom helmet box to him that also works as his window/cowl set in truck mode and I am using Drift's sword as his but it isn't painted yet.

Thanks though but I still love it! :)

Alexander Quinn
08-11-2010, 01:01 AM
I got two words for you. Bad. Ass. Absolutely love the way the paint turned out on the chest / windows. Great job! :D

BScorpinok75
08-11-2010, 10:05 AM
This is pure awesomeness.

S.O.N.
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys! I added a video link for it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz-h85AOVJQ

chans formers
08-11-2010, 08:48 PM
looks sweet!
but i do kinda have to agree with autobotx23 a bit.it doesn't really give off the whole motormaster vibe.it does however really give off the cybertron legends "menasor" vibe.
are you planning to do the other stunticons too?
btw,the paint works on the chest windows really catches the eyes.....in a good way:)

S.O.N.
08-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks! I do plan on making the whole crew with this guy! I'm looking at trailers too and am trying to find something futuristic.