PDA

View Full Version : Leader Megatron

devilsknight
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Anyone else open him up yet and try to transform him...whew getting those legs to co-operate was something else...

just wondering if anyone else had any frustrations over transforming him and your think of his alt mode

devilsknight

-KG-
06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't have him yet; can't seem to find him in any GTA TRU's. But Transforming Ironhide was hell. Getting his hip to stay in place and then trying to adjust the 2 halves of his upper body was crazy.

By the way, how does the alt mode look in person? Most of the toys look much better in person then in pics you see on-line. Does the head in alt mode look as stupid and kibbleishous as it does in all those pics??

devilsknight
06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Yah the head not being hidden in his alt mode except for some cover is kinda stupid, like he doesn't trust his other mode or something lol

i like it...not as colourful as i wanted it to be, and really it needs lots of missles !!! but that's just me

it looks ok...not the megatron i grew up with...but ok

G1 Megatron & Beasties Megatron (Red Dragon) still are my 2 fav

As for Ironhide...he was sometimes a bitch to transform too...but i got it figured out

soundwaveCA
06-21-2007, 06:15 PM
This toy drove me absolutely bonkers trying to transform!

StarwarsTF
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I had fun transforming him

Batman
06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I found the most difficult part was getting the legs to tuck under the wings. Awesome toy though! Has anyone done the spring switcharoo? I did and it makes a world of difference.

SPLIT LIP
06-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I deffinatly recommend him. I love both his modes and his transformation isn't that hard. But as you can tell by this thread...
http://http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=138494
I wasn't too pleased with his colours.

Shepp
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
when i do eventually get this figure, i might see about getting the cannon onto the right arm.

edit: oh, it folds on the back. n/m

Dark Rage
06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Transmetal 2 Megatron always reminded me of the dim sum chicken feet in red sauce...Yum, Megatron...I mean chicken feet.

Yah the head not being hidden in his alt mode except for some cover is kinda stupid, like he doesn't trust his other mode or something lol

i like it...not as colourful as i wanted it to be, and really it needs lots of missles !!! but that's just me

it looks ok...not the megatron i grew up with...but ok

G1 Megatron & Beasties Megatron (Red Dragon) still are my 2 fav

As for Ironhide...he was sometimes a bitch to transform too...but i got it figured out

ohnaji
06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Just got Megs today. I think it's a great figure, and a nice companion piece to leader Optimus. The leg transformation really is awkward. When I got the sequence to work though it was as if I was hit by some grand epiphany.
I like his alt mode, just for its sheer audacity, though the head placement in this form is odd and distracting.
I recommend to everyone who has this toy to modify the launcher arm with the spring solution, it does add to the enjoyment.
Not a bad figure despite some poor reviews. It's got some cool gimmicks and for the most part they work well especially after the slight kit bash. With all of Megs weapons, I kinda wish Leader Optimus came with a sword, or an extra gun.
-Split Lip, really cool repaint. Fantastic job.

Shepp
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
which sword would best suit leader prime? g2 laser prime's sword? vector prime's sword? rid omega prime's sword? or a sword from some other series?

ohnaji
06-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Not to derail the topic, but in regards to a possible Leader Prime sword, it would have to be designed to be visually consistent to the movie designs. I wouldn't mind it taking design cues from the Jazz' deluxe weapon where it seems to extend from the arm but I'd have it look like a sword not a sniper rifle.
Leader Megs has got three weapon gimmicks, leader Prime unfortunately has the one, albeit a cool one at that.
A couple gametrailers of the movie game does seem to indicate Prime utilizes a blade in battle. If anyone built a resin sword for Leader Prime I'd buy it. That would make these two leader figures epic. Sword Prime versus mace wielding Megs FTW!

Shepp
06-25-2007, 05:10 PM
how about an axe then to go against leader megs' mace hand?

anywho, a bit back on topic. as awesome as megatron looks, he still doesnt project the same feel as the other movie characters to me. i got that vibe right from the beginning. he still looks more like a monster than a giant transforming robot of death. was there any word on what his earth mode was going to be? or any earth mode at all?

more than likely if there is we wont see any figure for it until the sequel.

ohnaji
06-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Megs monster appearance was by design. In terms of a possible earth alt mode, it would be hard to sell him as a gun, tank or earth jet. There already is a Decepticon jet, and a tank. A classic gun form wouldn't be possible because the producers didn't want any mass shifting in the transformations, but who knows what a sequel may bring.
I personally feel his movie design works for the film. He's supposed to look the most alien of all the movie Tansformers so his alt mode has to be as equally confounding. When the movie comes out, I'm pretty sure a great majority of us will appreciate this Megatron design even more.
I still fiddle around with this figure, and his leg transformation still drives me nuts.

Shepp
06-28-2007, 05:39 PM
as for leader megatron's vehicle mode as is, i dont think its that weird.

i look at it and i see the same layout as energon megatron. the wings are there, and the weapons are aligned the same way on either side of whatever that central piece is.

with the legs storing under the wings, and if the arms are somehow placed along the main fuselage, he's got kinda the same transformation layout too.

i'm really hoping his earth mode wont be any kind of handgun. as much as i like g1 megs, mass shifting doesnt look like it would fit in the bayformer reality.

i'm thinking somewhere along the lines of a really large tank or some kind of jet. once i see megatron in the film moving around i think i'll be able to see which would fit him better.

C_Shewins
06-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Just got my Leader Megatron today! I am sorry, but I have to say....it is a very good figure. I liked it so much. i don't see anything wrong when it is in Alt mode. It is kinda unique compare to many jet plane transformers that I had actually. I guess he is just my cup of tea. I thought leader Prime was good, but after all, he is still a truck, not very special compare to Leader Mighty Megatron. I think it is a must get.

Bumblebee
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I know many might hate him, but I'm hoping to pick him up soon anyways.

C_Shewins
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I know many might hate him, but I'm hoping to pick him up soon anyways.

Not me, I think it is actually better than the Leader Prime, it seems kind of unique.

GMfan
07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I only found him once and it was at a TRU in Quebec a few days after the leader sale..

:(

Needless to say they didn't want to give me the sale price and since I wasen't willing to blow $80 on him after tax's I'll just wait for him to come into Square one Zellers with I can get him at a discount. I have to ask though does he have to use that gimmick on his chest to make the clear red plactic pop out? I thought he looked better without it extended.

C_Shewins
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I only found him once and it was at a TRU in Quebec a few days after the leader sale..

:(

I am not sure, hope Hasbro is going to produce more Leader Class Megatron. I was looking at the Hasbro website, they are sold out. The titanium 6" Ultra magnus is gone now ever since they sold it out... It's kind of disappointing that I can't get any.

GMfan
07-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Hasbro's online toy shop doesn't even ship to Canada...bastards...

Poho
07-02-2007, 04:24 PM
i found one at a Wal-Mart here two days ago, but i resisted the temptation. i dont like his colors.