PDA

View Full Version : Images from Cybertron Con New Transformers Products Panel - Scourge! Thunderwing! Gol

Super_Megatron
07-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Images from Cybertron Con New Transformers Products Panel - Scourge! Thunderwing! Goldbug! Jazz! (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/images-from-cybertron-con-new-transformers-products-panel---scourge-thunderwing-goldbug-jazz-170308/)

Category: Transformers Generations Classics 3.0

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

SleeplessKnight
07-30-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Tracks and Scourge are probably mis-transformed.

Knowing that, they are all totally awesome and 2011 just can't come soon enough. I want them all!

Supernova
07-30-2010, 07:56 AM
It's good that we're getting a look at these now, but I'm sure we have a case of bad transformations going on here with a lot of them. I know they've got to be better than this! :)

Autovolt 127
07-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Yay! I hope these aren't shortpacked.

CobraCommander
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm diggin' them legends and Jazz, Grapple.

Ultra Maverick
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
I've been eagerly awaiting pictures of the PCC dinobots, I absolutely love what I see but no Sludge/Brontosaurus :(

MaP_Prime
07-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Holy crap those are all very very awesome and I want them all! Some look a little wonky, but I am going to assume they are mis-transformed and will eagerly await the standard photoshopped pics we will get in the next few months.

With that said holy god awesome! I am loving the Constructicons and Dinobots PCC sets, easily the best PCC sets we have seen so far, the Dinobots especially. I am loving that Jazz and Grapple, the other deluxes are great to, but those two are high on my list. Now I just want a Wheeljack who hopefully isn't a repaint.

razin
07-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Ill take some Jazz, Perceptor, Scourge, Tracks, Windcharger, Grapple and I'll have some legends on the side, for dessert I'd like some better pics with proper transformations and I'd like those to go, right now.

Seriously, very happy we are getting to see something, just need a deloreon right now, spring is too far.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
07-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I wasn't expecting a new Legends Starscream. Guess it's finally time to retire that old Cybertron Thundercracker repaint from Universe.

Megatron and Optimus also look cool, although I'm not sure how they'll fit into my collection since I already have THS-02 leading my Legends Autobots, and it just wouldn't be right to put Optimus up against a Megatron half his size.

EDIT: Windcharger also looks pretty cool, and it'll be nice to have some more Scout-class Autobot cars for my various Deluxe-class Primes to order around. The Dinobot PCCs look completely awesome, and will be the first entries in that sub-line that I plan on buying on sight.

tusko
07-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Amazing new molds.

All the G1 figures are great, albeit a bit mistransformed.

I'm really excited about the legends toys. Gun Megs, Prime, Goldbug and Starscream look amazing.

Even the powercore combiners are peaking my interest. I was going to pass on this line, but the Dinobots and Constructicons look great.

razin
07-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Its hard to see, but is Scourge holding Fracas?

Pascal
07-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice, lots of exciting new molds. Can't wait to get the G1 Legends...

Dragon Knight
07-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Everything looks good in those photos...damnit!:(

Is that an....Bayformers styled Lugnut I see?

Prowl_2009
07-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Wow! Great to see some pictures of upcoming products! Jazz, Tracks, Grapple and Windcharger look awesome! It'll be great to add these guys to my collection! :D

2011 looks to be another awesome year for us Transformers fans! :D

Cliffjumper69
07-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Im in love! :eek: Gee Wunn legends = WIN! :D

crimbot
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow. What a great huge unveiling! What a great way to start the long weekend! I love Big news.
I hid my wallet in the truck today, I'll break it to him after the long weekend.

soundwaveCA
07-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Aside from Jazz I'm totally not impressed. People were losing there shit over these after the Botcon panel and looking at these I really cant understand why. There's some potential there as those are pretty bad pictures and mis-transformations but nothing that really blows my mind. Not that those look awful or anything either just not seeing much that's really super exciting (aside from Jazz which looks pretty good).

GMfan
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM
These picture ain't doing them justice...Scourge, Tracks, Thunderwing (vehicle mode) and I'm sure Lugnut are horribly mistransformed.

Trust me....you'll be more tempted seeing them properly

Prowl_2009
07-30-2010, 12:03 PM
These picture ain't doing them justice...Scourge

Hope so, because Scourge looks like a serious piece of crap in those pictures. :rolleyes:

soundwaveCA
07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Tracks for sure as looking at him again I think he could be pretty good as well (car mode does not look right though). Perceptor is totally the wrong vehicle for the character, people said he should have been Trailbreaker and I agree. Rumors have it Hasbro wants to make Reflector out of that mold as well and frankly I just dont see it.

Scourge and Thunderwing look like total ass from those pictures and I'm not optimistic that transforming and or displaying those properly would make a huge difference for me. Though if your a big fan of that G1 Thunderwing toy your practically getting a re-issue and for better or worse that looks pretty close to the original G1 toy.

The rest look ok, Grapple looks like a good remold of Inferno and reflects the character well, not interested in Grapple as a character in the slightest myself but if you are they did a good job there. Fans of the power core stuff will be pleased with that Dinobot set as that also looks pretty good if your a fan of that gimmick. Not a fan of legends class stuff either but again the fans of that size class should be pleased as well as they for the most part look pretty good. Have to say though not a fan of that legends Megatron, yes it's a gun and all but probably to complex for a legends figure.

Like I said before, overall not bad but I'm not wowed either.

razin
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd love to see all the minibots released as Scouts like Windcharger, unrealistic I know but the classics minibots ie. BB, CJ were out of scale imo. The Legends worked nicely but I think scout size is a perfect fit for them. I'm really liking Windcharger, he and PCC Huffer will go nicely together.

Nocturn
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
PCC are best CC

Other stuff... might buy Jazz, Thunderwing looks OK... overall, eh.

Stapler
07-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I've been waiting for pics of these guys! I gotta say that I am liking all of these. I'm looking forward to the potential repaints of these guys. Perceptor looks pretty darn cool. I really hope Hasbro goes through with their planned repaints of Reflector and Trailbreaker with that mold. http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/bulldoggietech/smileys/icon_smile2.gif

Cheers Ian
07-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Jazz looks great. The rest are hard to tell due to the quality of the photos and the mistransformations. I'm excited for all of them with the exception of the PCC stuff.

Perceptor seems to be the only let down in the bunch. Looks awfully blocky to me.

Really excited for a C/U/G/ Lugnut!

Cheers!
-Ian

Optimus_Prime
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about arms looking out of place, they are definitely mistransfomed (well, maybe Perceptor does have small arms). I remember when images of Universe Cheetor were first shown, and the toy's shoulders were detached.

I'm impressed by all of these figures except for the Constructicons and legends class Optimus Prime and Starscream, but it's only because PCC and shrunken down versions of larger characters don't interest me. I will probably get Goldbug and Megatron, though. The Dinobots look amazing (it reminds me of my long-lost first Transformers, BM Dinobot Striker), but I will only get it if I find myself without anything else in need of purchasing.

Of everything shown here, my favourite has to be Jazz. He is, in my opinion, a perfect representation of his G1 character, with an up-to-date and sleek alternate mode, and a robot mode which is extremely faithful to his appearance in the cartoon and comics.

Perceptor looks clunky, I think. However, I'll wait to see a better image of the toy before I lay down a final verdict. One thing I did take notice of is that the window on his chest is molded in the shape of Reflector's. Though the alternate mode fits neither character, the robot mode will fit both well, most likely.

I don't have any major complaints about any of these figures, and I am surprised and glad that after not attending Botcon, and tracking a less-than-impressive panel at Comic-Con, these images have popped up at a convention to which I have paid little to no attention.

Bruticus82
07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm really excited for these.

More Classics molds? Yes please!

Prowl_2009
07-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Perceptor looks pretty darn cool.

I am a bit iffy about Perceptor not being a microscope at this point, maybe when some new, better quality pics surface, I'll change my mind.

Team Jetfire
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
These picture ain't doing them justice...Scourge, Tracks, Thunderwing (vehicle mode) and I'm sure Lugnut are horribly mistransformed.

Good to hear. I was with Ryan on these pics, but I trust your judgement.

And I love the fact that they are doing Lugnut.

Iacon
07-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Was pretty shocked by that Legends Megatron. So I take it it's alright to sell realistic handgun toys in North America as long as they're really tiny? Why haven't they used this loophole earlier...?

Pascal
07-30-2010, 03:25 PM
I am a bit iffy about Perceptor not being a microscope at this point

His G1 toy also turned into a tank, so... :)

Sun Swipe Prime
07-30-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm loving all the g1 love that's going down. I'm pretty sure the pics are all crap and the actual figures will be a lot better (at least I'm really hoping :P). I mean probably half of all product pics of transformers make them look like ass.

Mighty_Galvatron
07-30-2010, 03:52 PM
I think I will be getting pretty much all of these, minus the combiners. Great to see all the G1 love happening here too! I've always loved this "Classics" line.

I do wish there were more Decepticons though - in this line they are vastly outnumbered.

Great to finally see what that mysterious Voyager Lugnut that I heard about actually looks like now!

And I'm really digging the Legends Megatron! Never thought I'd see THAT alt. mode ever again!

Richter
07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
The thing about perceptor, that toy is a dead ringer for his animated representation.

I hope those Tracks and Windcharger alt modes are messed up somehow. Talk about big asses

Prowl_2009
07-30-2010, 04:16 PM
His G1 toy also turned into a tank, so... :)

True, still a little iffy. Maybe when we get some more and slightly better pictures. :D

Robimus
07-30-2010, 04:22 PM
So I want Jazz, Tracks, Perceptor, Windcharger, Scourge(Maybe 5 of him,lol) and Grapple for sure.

Probably Goldbug as well.

jourdo
07-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm in the "I just hope some of these are horribly mis-transformed" camp. They look good, but not great. I love the overall G1-updates that we have been getting, but I really hope some of these look better in person.

Scourge really stands out as a bad looking figure, which is a shame as the Titanium version was spectacular. Just make him in plastic and I would have been happy.

Perceptor (and I cannot believe I am saying this) looks badd-ass. I love that they are turing the nerdy scientist into the Prime-killing machine we all know he can be!

Janitor
07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Perceptor (and I cannot believe I am saying this) looks badd-ass. I love that they are turing the nerdy scientist into the Prime-killing machine we all know he can be!

Don't be too surprised, remember when he totally pwnd Devastator?! lulz

Alexander Quinn
07-30-2010, 05:58 PM
WTF is Perceptor's alt mode??? Looks like a truck that's getting tail-piped by a snow mobile. Don't get me wrong; that ain't a bad thing. It's just crazy enough that I likes it, I'm just not sure WTF it's suppose to be. :)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
07-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Was pretty shocked by that Legends Megatron. So I take it it's alright to sell realistic handgun toys in North America as long as they're really tiny? Why haven't they used this loophole earlier...?
They have. Hundreds of times. Just look at the accessories packaged with any given G.I. Joe figure.

And count me as another one disappointed with the new Perceptor. The main reason the original toy was so cool was that it transformed into a microscope that actually worked. The new one is just yet another truckbot.

racerguy76
07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
This is not what my wallet wanted to see.

Tekkamanraiden
07-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Grapple looks really good.
Jazz is ok, like his robot mode not fussy oh his vehicle mode.
Tracks has potential when properly transformed.
Scourge is going to need some custom work but I like the wings.
Thunderwing has custom potential.
Windcharger will look good beside my Bumblebee.
Perceptors robot mode looks great, not fussy on his vehicle mode.
Lugnut looks odd.

Not a big Legends fan but these look pretty good, especially Starscream.

I still have no love for the PCC but the dinobots might grow on me.

Overall it's going to be fun hunting these down in the coming months.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
07-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I think this new Scourge would make a good Sweep to go with the Titanium, version.

Breakdown
07-31-2010, 01:54 AM
I want ALL of the generations fogures! My poor wallet! :(

QuadESL63
07-31-2010, 08:38 AM
I want all of them! :rolleyes: :D

razin
08-01-2010, 03:17 PM
I hope will see some repaints/moulds from a couple of these.
Tailgate (windcharger), Ricochet (jazz), and as prev discussed maybe an alteration to the Perceptor mould, Trailbreaker/Hoist.