PDA

View Full Version : Review: Bombshock with Combaticons

Camaroman2
07-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Went to Galaxy Comics and Collectibles today and picked this guy up. They also had some HFTD stuff, but I picked this over it, and I'm not disappointed.

Name: Bomshock (with Combaticons).
Affiliation: Decepticons.
Sub group: Maybe the Arielbots? Just kidding, the Combaticons.
Price:$29.99, but I paid $39.99:mad:

This is my first written review, so tell me what you think.

The box for these guys is quite appealing and pleasing to look at. Overall, this guy is quite pleasing. I thank God for the new paper twist ties, but I still had some trouble getting this guy out of the box. Especially the APC Drone, as I feared that if I applied too much force, he'd break. Luckily, I got him out of the box safely in the end. The drones are lovely, and the only thing I don't like is that the armored car could use some more paint. Vehicle mode is nice, and is a great homage to G1. I love the general aesthetic and colouration. Paint was applied neatly, and I have nothing to complain about in that department. The only real problems are the obtrusive blue power cores and the fact that there is a gap between where the arms connect and the main body. The Transformation is easy, but it never gets old, and is quite enjoyable. In robot mode this guy is great looking and quite articulated. If you don't get Bomshock, get the repaint coming out soon. He has an equal mix of ball joints and swivel joints, which works well. The only thing to complain about is the obtrusive blue pegs. Lastly, there is the "Power Up" mode. I have to say, that this is the most desirable mode to me, as the blue pegs don't show and he looks bad ass. The limbs are decent and the torso is immaculate looking. Colouration is, again, very nice and appealing. Articulation is fairly decent, aside from there being none in the elbow. Overall, I'm quite pleased with him.

Overall: 9/10 Aside from the blue pegs, I find no real flaws with this figure, and recommend picking him up.

Tekkamanraiden
07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Very nice review, excellent photos. I believe you were meant 'aerialbots' instead of 'arielbots' as a combiner made of mermaids would be odd, though I'm sure it would make an interesting FFF on toplessrobot.

Ultra Maverick
07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
great review,
I'm eagerly awaiting these figures, which should make it to my mailbox tomorrow!

Pascal
07-25-2010, 09:19 PM
My thoughts exactly, Camaroman2! Bombshock is my 2nd favorite torso behind Huffer and his limbs are much better than the Aerialbots ones imo.

Matrix_Holder
07-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Very nice review, excellent photos. I believe you were meant 'aerialbots' instead of 'arielbots' as a combiner made of mermaids would be odd, though I'm sure it would make an interesting FFF on toplessrobot.

I would so buy that TF, come on hasbro...make this toy!

Camaroman2
07-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, Tekkamanraiden. Guess I should have checked spelling a little more closely. Also, thanks to everyone else for all the kind comments.

Prowl_2009
07-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Great review!

Ultra Maverick
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Got both the 5-packs in the mail yesterday from Automaton toys,
great sets, though I feel the 2 pack scout figures are better quality than the commander figures found in the 5-packs. Smoulder looks great with the combaticon drones, especially if you put his connector joints for his arms pointing down, looks more savage that way.

Huffer is also a really solid combiner, though I am not a fan of the villian-esque head.

crimbot
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Nice Review Camaroman2, I'd love to see more!

JLvatron
07-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Nice review, man! And thanks for the pics. :)

I guess I'm not sold on the whole 'drone' thing, but at least Bruticus is in better shape than Energon Fatimus Prime.

For the future, if your review gets bigger, I'd recommend breaking down into sections like:
-Robot mode(s)
-Transformation
-Alt mode
-Combiner

But what you did was still nice. Thanks! :cool:

MaP_Prime
07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Well I haven't heard anything that has pretty much said that PCC Bruticus is a not buy. Though I am thinking the Aerialbots might not be something to get. The drones and the commander don't seem to be that great.

Frozen_Primal
07-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Well I haven't heard anything that has pretty much said that PCC Bruticus is a not buy. Though I am thinking the Aerialbots might not be something to get. The drones and the commander don't seem to be that great.

Skyburst is crap, but if you combine the drones with Searchlight, it's waaaay better

Camaroman2
07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the kind response, everyone. Also, thanks for the tips JLvatron. I'll be sure to use them. I thought about doing that, but I was too lazy.:)

Regards!

RNSrobot
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Picked up Bombshock on the big TRU $15 sale here. I was on the fence about him despite the praise because honestly, I think his robot mode looks lame. Dislike the proportions and blockiness. I don't like his vehicle mode much, either.

But damn is he a great torso and the gestalt is awesome. Great color scheme, the drones are all fun, and the torso is easily one of the best in the PCC line so far (CrankCase/Huffer is probably the other). It looks good, proportional and holds together well. Gotta love the cannons on the back. The QC on mine is great too, no connection issues.

Nomad
09-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Easily my favorite PCC, this is. :)