PDA

View Full Version : YTV ad for 'Transplosion'

JLvatron
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Today during Sabrina, I saw a YTV commercial for the upcoming Transformers marathon, called 'Transplosion'.:)

Curiously, the website still refers to it under the Transformers Robots in Disguise banner for the contest, not Transplosion.

Plus the commercial only mentioned the airing of Transformers the Movie; in which they detailed "cool soundtrack" or something as some cool movie music was playing.:cool:

Anybody else see it?
I recommend recording Sabrina tonight at 2am; maybe the commercial will repeat. Besides, it's the funnily great ep when Sabrina becomes 'Green with envy'! :D

JLvatron
06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
I saw it again, but a cut version overlapped during a show's ending credits.

They show Unicron, then Blitwing Transforming. The music intensifies for the movie Transformers theme with the caption 'Wicked Soundtrack'.:cool:

Hope to see the full version again.:)

chisau
06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
I've seen it, it's just YTV showing the transformers movie. It's nothing new.

GMfan
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Why don't they just air the G1 episodes again.

JLvatron
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Why don't they just air the G1 episodes again.

There is no again for YTV, they never aired them. In fact, G1 & G2 are the only american TF shows they never aired.

JLvatron
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I've seen it, it's just YTV showing the transformers movie. It's nothing new.

According to the website, it's alot more than just that.

Synch
06-21-2007, 12:43 PM
beast wars marathon would be nice indeed

JLvatron
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
beast wars marathon would be nice indeed

Usually YTV Transformers marathons consist of 2 eps each of RiD, Armada, and Energon. I can't remember if Beast Machines/ ies was included in recent years.

JLvatron
06-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Just saw a new overlap version. This 1 had NO Transformers clips! It was just a black screen with the same captions.

Super PrimeZ
06-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Usually YTV Transformers marathons consist of 2 eps each of RiD, Armada, and Energon. I can't remember if Beast Machines/ ies was included in recent years.

Actually, I think by now both YTV's Liscenes for RiD and Armada are probably over, as may be the case with Energon as well, I'll have to go check the Online Listings to see.

Well according to Zap2it.com the episodes should all be from Cybertron and should be in this order:

1:00PM-2:00PM:Transformers Cybertron: Fallen(Probably wrong since it is listed as one hour)
2:00PM-2:30PM:Transformers Cybertron: Space
2:30PM-3:00PM:Transformers Cybertron: Rush
3:00PM-3:30PM:Transformers Cybertron: Speed
3:30PM-4:00PM:Transformers Cybertron: Collapse
4:00PM-6:00PM:Transformers The Movie

This shouldn't be taken as final listings. If only due to the fact that Fallen is listed as one hour long, despite the fact that episode has never been broadcasted in one full broadcast without intervals, yes I do realize that YTV could just air Inferno after the edited Fallen, but YTV has sent Listings incorrectly to Online sites before.

There is no again for YTV, they never aired them. In fact, G1 & G2 are the only american TF shows they never aired.

Possibly due to the fact that the Transformers 1980's fad was over by the time the channel was launched(1988), and therefore no longer seemed like a viable program to air.

Just saw a new overlap version. This 1 had NO Transformers clips! It was just a black screen with the same captions.

That was probably a error on the YTV Programming staff, this happens, as is the case that shows like Zatch Bell are airing with Bumper that say the show is for mature audiences(Despite the fact the show is rated like less then PG).

Autovolt 127
06-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Blitzwing;Come on down Autobrat...Best part ever.

Yeah,I Can't wait for this Saturday,Why can't YTV Play G1.

Razorwing
06-24-2007, 12:22 PM
meh, The G1 movie is on youtube :P. Funny how I just watched it last night.

JLvatron
06-24-2007, 12:50 PM
meh, The G1 movie is on youtube :P. Funny how I just watched it last night.

There's got to be a large difference in quality from youtube and tv.

Aernaroth
06-24-2007, 01:34 PM
All depends on how crappy your tv is.

Super PrimeZ
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah,I Can't wait for this Saturday,Why can't YTV Play G1.

YTV never owned the rights to air "The Transformers"(1984), and it isn't a viable thought to get rights for a series that will get little ratings and are not for Canadian Content points, therefore YTV will likely never air G1. And the fact that the current owner of G1, Sony Wonder, went under means YTV probably couldn't get the rights anyways.

The reason why Beasties,Reboot,Shadow Raiders,Beast Machines, and the such got re-aired on this channel years after they ended was because of the fact that they were originally aired by YTV and all count for Canadian Content. That's probably why Transformers: Cybertron is still airing(It's dub is produced in Vancouver, therefore it has a small part of Canadian Content).

Covain
06-25-2007, 08:02 AM

YTV did actually show the G2 episodes when the station first launched years and years ago. I remember watching and thinking the G1 series was on and then that crazy cube coming on the screen when the scenes would change. To bad they didn't go any further and add some new episodes.