PDA

View Full Version : IGear MP PP03J Masterpiece Not Ramjet 1st Look

Super_Megatron
07-12-2010, 02:20 AM
IGear MP PP03J Masterpiece Not Ramjet 1st Look (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/igear-mp-pp03j-masterpiece-not-ramjet-1st-look-170170/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Pascal
07-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Funniest thread ever (on TFW2005).

I don't know why people are freaking out over those remolded and downscaled MP Starscream when they don't really care about all the various KO G1 "reissues", WST KOs, downscaled G1 seekers, all the various cheap KOs shown here by Paul Grant, etc.

Nemesis Predaking
07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
These are not suppose to be scaled down MP's.
But yeah the "nerdrage" is Epicly Stupid.

Malwave
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd buy it :D

always nice to have an "MP" conehead:p

jjwankenobi
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I wonder if PP03J will have a hidden attack feature...

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/6/6e/Ramjetinpast.gif

Giant robotic "Glasgow Kiss", anyone?

Sureshot22
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
ya supossedly they are full size.

personally i like them. not the best ever but the best we will prob beable to get unless you make your own kinda deal

Pascal
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Isn't Dirge posed next to Faith Leader in that picture?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/IGear-PP03E-Elegy-Fighter-Team-MP-Dirge_1277823646.jpg

hugh_da_man
07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Funniest thread ever (on TFW2005).

I don't know why people are freaking out over those remolded and downscaled MP Starscream when they don't really care about all the various KO G1 "reissues", WST KOs, downscaled G1 seekers, all the various cheap KOs shown here by Paul Grant, etc.

I believe people are upset because a widely sold KO will lower the odds of getting a real MP conehead mold.

I somewhat understand. People want 3rd party manufacturers to stay away from the KO stuff because if it gets bad enough and Hasbro intervenes it could hurt the companies that aren't KOing like Fansproject.

Nemesis Predaking
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/IGear-PP03E-Elegy-Fighter-Team-MP-Dirge_1277823646.jpg

I can tell you 100%, that Dirge is sitting beside a full sized MP Prime.
Most people assumed it was next to a Faith Leader, because it's Igear.

Leozak
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I don't understand the hate.

Sureshot22
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
if takara and hasbro would get off their asses and put out more masterpieces and or more MP seekers like everyone wants then people wouldnt want these and there wouldn't be an issue for people to get their panties all ruffled about.

heck if these are cheap enough ill buy them. i would LOVE to complete my masterpiece seekers.

venksta
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
if takara and hasbro would get off their asses and put out more masterpieces and or more MP seekers like everyone wants then people wouldnt want these and there wouldn't be an issue for people to get their panties all ruffled about.

heck if these are cheap enough ill buy them. i would LOVE to complete my masterpiece seekers.

Its sad actually. Same people won't buy a Masterpiece Skywarp for $69.99 at Walmart, but only when it goes on clearance for under $30. But their willing to spend $100 on a KO. And they wonder why Hasbro and Takara don't pump out more Masterpiece figures.

payton34
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM

Well, unless they're upscaling the Coneheads to where they're the same size as MP01 and MP05, then that Dirge is sitting next to a Faith Leader Prime.

Note the lack of an Autobot symbol on either shoulder of Prime.

Incepticon
07-13-2010, 08:13 PM

Well, unless they're upscaling the Coneheads to where they're the same size as MP01 and MP05, then that Dirge is sitting next to a Faith Leader Prime.

Note the lack of an Autobot symbol on either shoulder of Prime.
It's the regular sized MP Seeker mold standing next to the scaled down Faith Leader thing that Igear did. So yeah, these "not" Coneheads will be the same size as the official MP Seekers.

Sokar
07-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Its sad actually. Same people won't buy a Masterpiece Skywarp for $69.99 at Walmart, but only when it goes on clearance for under $30. But their willing to spend $100 on a KO. And they wonder why Hasbro and Takara don't pump out more Masterpiece figures.

Not everyone is like that.

I've purchased 2 of each released mp seeker mold so far (short of ghost starscream at the moment) at full price, and will gladly buy these not coneheads.

I'd be happy to buy the coneheads from hasbro/takara even after getting these, but then they have to actually go ahead an make the figures instead of sitting on the mold, pumping out more repaints. If anything, they should at least space out the repaints a bit and intermix them with the coneheads.

Pascal
07-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh, I see. I thought Faith Leader was even smaller than that.

Nocturn
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I laughed, I laughed, and I laughed.

Hastak does not owe you these toys
As a customizer, you *don't* own anything you make of your designs, especially not if you're using a copyrighted character, so the guy's lucky he's getting any props at all
People getting mad about this when all those third party WST get made... gimme a break.
Sometimes I wonder why this fandom hasn't imploded from excessive bitching yet

Nemesis Predaking
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM

I stand corrected

Oh, I see. I thought Faith Leader was even smaller than that.

Same here.

Tekkamanraiden
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM

As a customizer, you *don't* own anything you make of your designs, especially not if you're using a copyrighted character, so the guy's lucky he's getting any props at all
People getting mad about this when all those third party WST get made... gimme a break.

Simple, all fandoms are the same in this regard. It's quite a fascinating phenomenon.

Autobot_Lancer
07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Here's my opinion on this whole issue, How i see it is that Hasbro/Takara have had a shit load of time to make Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge but instead all we have gotten has been a shit load of repaints of the same MP, like come on Sleep convoy, weird greyish/blue screamer and ghost screamer, this lack of effort could have been put to better use by making the cone heads them selfs but no they chose not to. I say good for iGear and I hope this is the kick to the nuts that Has/Tak needed to wake them up and realize that hmmmm maybe we should've done that. Good for you iGear and I can't wait to see pics of Thrust and get my hands on these figures, you have my pre-order.

Breakdown
07-13-2010, 10:29 PM
How's the quality of iGears previous creations been?!

CobraCommander
07-13-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not not getting these :D

Sokar
07-13-2010, 10:53 PM

No they don't. And if they want to tell igear to stop making them, then they can go right ahead and do it. It's their intellectual property.

At the same time though, if they don't really seem that bothered about it, I don't think anyone should care about them being released.

Who knows, maybe a positive response from fans to these will encourage hasbro to include these characters in future releases, or even the mp line, because they see that these can sell.