PDA

View Full Version : Predaking Buy It Now on Ebay for $105

Deemar
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Maybe it's not worth so much because it doesn't have any of the weapons (I don't think) and I don't know if it's metal or plastic. Either way you can have the holy grail of merge sets for $105. It has $35 shipping though which is a little outrageous.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/transformers-g1-predaking-predacons-razorclaw-lot-parts-/190414448727?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5595e857#ht_4754wt_1139

UltraMarknus
07-06-2010, 10:00 AM
yeaaa...uuumm...no not worth it at all. You'd be looking at $200 in parts to complete it. I paid $209 shipped for a 100% complete one with techs and manuals a couple months ago.

You really need to stop trying to get these bargain basement incompletes and junkers...they are "cheaper" for a reason.

A mix of patience and complete figures only is the key.

Cheers Ian
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Yep. Not a good deal at all.

Predakings feet and fists usually go for at least 25-35 dollars a piece.

Like Ultra Marknus said, you should really be looking at complete figures rather than all these incomplete ones. You'll end up spending more overtime in parts alone than what a complete figure could cost.

Be patient, you'll eventually get the figures you want at a complete good price. Try other sources, eBay can get a little ridiculous at times.

Cheers!
-Ian

faustx
07-06-2010, 11:31 AM
The ultimate complete predaking is in my thread...takara, boxes, foam, everything, all mint...

Deemar
07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Ha, no I'm not going to buy it but I am piecing together this guy from local sales.....even against everyone saying to buy it complete, it's a bit more fun for right now. I just bought Divebomb (metal) for $12 but forgot about the Tantrum (metal) auction and let it go for $17....DOH! They didn't have any accessories but still a pretty good price. I just had a lead on a complete plastic Predaking for $250 but turned it down to piece together a metal one. If I get some more figures at $15 a piece then I could come out on top in the end! Maybe.

Pascal
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Isn't the all metal Predaking reissue like 250? I think I paid mine 225 back in the days.

payton34
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Isn't the all metal Predaking reissue like 250? I think I paid mine 225 back in the days.

I thought that the only die-cast Predaking was the original, and the reissue was all plastic?

UltraMarknus
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I thought that the only die-cast Predaking was the original, and the reissue was all plastic?

Nope, reissue was metal. Original came in metal and plastic versions. Thats why I opted for plastic for my G1....no switcheroo business heh

astrana
07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Ha, no I'm not going to buy it but I am piecing together this guy from local sales.....even against everyone saying to buy it complete, it's a bit more fun for right now. I just bought Divebomb (metal) for $12 but forgot about the Tantrum (metal) auction and let it go for $17....DOH! They didn't have any accessories but still a pretty good price. I just had a lead on a complete plastic Predaking for $250 but turned it down to piece together a metal one. If I get some more figures at $15 a piece then I could come out on top in the end! Maybe.

ok say each bot cost you 15 a piece, that's 60

but how much are you going to pay for the fist, foot, weapons, inserts etc..... i got mine for 200 shipped thanks to Darth Grimlock. If you poke around i am sure there will be a complete one for decent price

TFtoys
07-23-2010, 06:23 PM
well, $200 for me to pay at a time is too much. I did rather to break it down to haul down each one when I have budget. At least it is more feasible for me to do each month.

Darth Grimlock
07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Why not wait for the 2010 release if you're wanting Predaking. You'll have everything in one set, minty fresh.

Deemar
07-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I buy strictly vintage. No reissues.

Darth Grimlock
07-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Which is cool... I tried to piece together one a few years ago and it was gonna cost more for the little pieces then the re-issue... Just my thoughts...

Nocturn
07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
I buy strictly vintage. No reissues.

Uh-oh, not this can of worms again

Deemar
07-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Uh-oh, not this can of worms again

What's the worms? Was there a large argument here about whether the reissues are just as good and acceptable as generation 1? I agree they're acceptable if they're the same but I don't have the time to sit down and find out which ones have slight differences. I'd rather just buy old ones.

Nocturn
07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
What's the worms? Was there a large argument here about whether the reissues are just as good and acceptable as generation 1? I agree they're acceptable if they're the same but I don't have the time to sit down and find out which ones have slight differences. I'd rather just buy old ones.

Poeple buy the originals entirely on the grounds that they're vintage, as opposed to buying the cheaper and better conditioned reisssues. It's like being original run means they're made of fucking gold or something

Deemar
07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Poeple buy the originals entirely on the grounds that they're vintage, as opposed to buying the cheaper and better conditioned reisssues. It's like being original run means they're made of fucking gold or something

Wow, relax. Sounds like someone already got you a little frustrated with this. For me I got a good reason, I just don't have time to sit down and figure out which ones have little differences. If it's the same I'll take the reissue but I'm self employed, time is money and I'd rather spend more money on getting vintage rather than waste time trying to compare them. If someone else did the comparison work for me I'd consider it but until then I have a great reason for it. I can understand what you mean though.

TFtoys
07-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Why not wait for the 2010 release if you're wanting Predaking. You'll have everything in one set, minty fresh.

Literally speaking, it will save the money and life will be easier. However, I can not control the time when there are other transformers/toy popped up in the retail stores or on ebay. If I spend $200 for the predaking and save the money for that item, but I am out of budget to buy the Zellers 40% off B M set, and other discount items in the retailer for this month. Somewhere or another, I might still spend more money to get those after the sales. Unless I have several budgets for G1 fund, ROTF fund, universe fund, WOC fund and Generation fund; then, I do not have to make the hard choice.

Bruticus82
07-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Ha, no I'm not going to buy it but I am piecing together this guy from local sales.....even against everyone saying to buy it complete, it's a bit more fun for right now.

It probably won't be cheaper unless you manage to find the parts for a deal as well, but I agree with you 100% that piecing one together over the course of a few months is more fun. I'm almost done piecing together a computron, I'm missing 3 or 4 of the little weapons.

Deemar
07-24-2010, 11:48 AM
It probably won't be cheaper unless you manage to find the parts for a deal as well, but I agree with you 100% that piecing one together over the course of a few months is more fun. I'm almost done piecing together a computron, I'm missing 3 or 4 of the little weapons.

Ya for sure. Someone here in Calgary just had the Predaking head on Ebay and I bid $5 with 10 seconds left and I was winning it but I bid too early, the guy had enough time to bid $5.50 with 2 seconds left and I lost it. I'll get it all together eventually.

Richter
07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
If you're worried about time, reissues are the way to go