PDA

View Full Version : IGear PP03E Elegy Fighter Team 1st Look

Super_Megatron
06-29-2010, 11:10 AM
IGear PP03E Elegy Fighter Team 1st Look (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/igear-pp03e-elegy-fighter-team-1st-look-170083/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

UltraMarknus
06-29-2010, 11:26 AM
hey HasTak...enjoy!

I hope the bomb details are stickers...they are fugly.

Prowl_2009
06-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Awesome!

Hasbro, I think at the next Botcon you guys need to sit in the audiance and watch a Transformers marketing panel conducted by the likes of FansProject and IGear just so you can get an idea of what the fans really want. :D

Pascal
06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
The Masterpierce line is primarily a TAKARATOMY thing, not Hasbro. So I don't know why Hasbro would bother, they just get the ones they want from TT.

And I don't know why all those fans are blowing a gasket over iGear when they don't react much to all the various fake G1 reissues. Seriously. At least iGear is making an effort is changing the source material by changing a few things, adding accessories, changing the scale, etc. Plus, it's not like their production runs can rival TT or Hasbro.

tusko
06-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Still, Pascal, they are making money on the IP of another company. Its disingenuous.
Since HasTak no longer has the technological edge for these types of complex toys they should either improve materials or lower costs... or get their act together and beat these companies to the punch of releasing toys for which there is an obvious audience.

Pascal
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Take it this way...

-no Classics Ultra Magnus? no City Commander
-no G1 Springer? no Warbot Defender
-no Classics Rodimus? no Protector armor
-no Classics Prime? no G3 or BTS trailers
-no Energon or Universe or ROTF Bruticus or Superion? no appendage kits

And so on. FP, iGear, BTS, all the stuff is based on Transformers no matter how original the mold is. There's no way around it. And judging how even famous characters like Starscream eventually ended up on clearance at the MP level, one can only imagine how characters like Dirge or Springer would have done at retail. That's why 3rd party companies come in handy. Limited runs for a limited interest.

UltraMarknus
06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry, but we are not in HasTak's financial and/or Marketing departments. To assume its to their benefit to release these figures, just because we want them to, is silly. For all we know, they take a hit or don't reach sales goals/margins on these higher priced items. Just be happy that other companies now have the ability to produce these items.

Mumps
06-29-2010, 12:16 PM
All I know is I want me some not-Dirge! Then the inevitable not-Thrust, and not-Ramjet! :D

If Hasbro/Takara was going to make a decent profit off of making these themselves, they would have already, or at least hinted that it was a future project. IGear is just making enough for the hardcore fans who are willing to dish out some money for the coneheads.

I have IGear's clear Faith Leader in the mail because it's something HasTak is not going to offer to us, plus it has improvements, such as new hands, and a new head.

Oreobot
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
To play devil's advocate, how is this not-Dirge much different than selling custom figures at a profit?

IMO, accessory add-on kits like the Magnus or Protector Armor are like someone making custom clothes or accessories for Barbie. In the end you still need the original toy and it probably makes some more sales for Hasbro b/c people need the original toy to use the add-on.

UltraMarknus
06-29-2010, 12:25 PM
oh ya, and it comes with leg/hip kibble-mod done already. Nice!

Mumps
06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
However, as much as I want these, I don't think I will buy them. It will cost too much, and with Hasbro releasing Thrust and Dirge in the Generations line, well, I can give my support to Hasbro in that regard.

Though, the anger and rage over at TFW is hilarious to read XD

If Hasbro/Takara had the desire to take these guys to the cleaners, they would have pressed the Lawyer-powered Kill-switch with Faith Leader.

TheLogicalProwl
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Hm, this definitely crosses a line. The Warbot Defender came awfully close, but it was a completely new mold and dare I say, a completely new robot that doesn't look all that much like G1 Springer.

This is a release of a figure that could well have been released by Hasbro/Takara. ANd this is the stealing of intellectual property, no ifs, and, or buts about it.

Mind you, I am not sure about how this might damage Hasbro/Takara's bottom line, given how much money we give them year after year, but this doesn't sit well with me on a moral level.

And for the record, I'm not even pissed off about it, it's just I hate to see the third party work stopped by a lawsuit from Hasbro just because of one figure.

pulsedragon20
06-29-2010, 01:19 PM
looks cool

jourdo
06-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Awesome looking not-Dirge!

brr-icy
06-29-2010, 01:36 PM
a ko of a takara and a custom project all in one, nice.

looks good, but with the ko like quality of igear, it's an easy pass

Pascal
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
From the reviews I've read, the quality of Faith Leader is really good. The only real complaints were about how "light" it feels. For sure a smaller all-plastic will be lighter and will feel cheaper than it's bigger die-cast counterpart, what are they thinking...

Team Jetfire
06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
While it looks really nice, it is crossing the line IMO. The add on sets are one thing, but this is taking a Character owned by Has/Tak, produceing a toy and making a profit off it, with out paying royalties to the origional owner. The only reason why there is interest in this toy is because Has/Tak did all the leg work and therefore IGear should be made to stop as they are profiting off that leg work.

It is also too bad as becuase they crossed the line I can only assume that all the 3rd party companies will be made to stop, so all that other add on stuff wll be lost too.

I suggest to IGear that if they really want to impress the toy community, try doing somthing origional

hugh_da_man
06-29-2010, 05:08 PM
From the reviews I've read, the quality of Faith Leader is really good. The only real complaints were about how "light" it feels. For sure a smaller all-plastic will be lighter and will feel cheaper than it's bigger die-cast counterpart, what are they thinking...

The only review that I saw that said Faith leader is really good was Peaugh. And I'm pretty sure he got his for free so...

I've heard Faith Leader was light (lighter than classics prime) with lots of loose joints and some pieces didn't fit too well together.

It's expected for a KO to have problems but the $100 price tag and the problems and "cheap" plastic comments make me stay away from any of iGear's stuff.

Pascal
06-29-2010, 05:12 PM
There's an entire thread devoted to Faith Leader reviews on TFW2005, plenty of satisfied customers there, and on other boards. People confuse the need for certain parts to be thin by design (like the arms or pretty much all the parts forming the torso) with "cheap". Toys like Classics Prime are chunky by design, you just can't compare the 2.

hugh_da_man
06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
There's an entire thread devoted to Faith Leader reviews on TFW2005, plenty of satisfied customers there, and on other boards. People confuse the need for certain parts to be thin by design (like the arms or pretty much all the parts forming the torso) with "cheap". Toys like Classics Prime are chunky by design, you just can't compare the 2.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/303154-pp01-igear-faith-leader-pictoral-review.html

cheap, light, and loose joints. This is pretty typical of the reviews I've seen. I'm not saying it's complete junk, it's just not amazing quality. That and for the $100+ price tag on iGear's stuff it's just not worth it.

MP Dirge might be better but I'm not betting on it. I'll wait till the non-Peaugh reviews are out.

EDIT: and I'm not trying to get into an argument over this or anything. I've just seen a lot of complaints about the plastic in iGear products and thus I'm not expecting MP quality in this new release. Heck, I'm even considering a crystal MP prime from them.

Pascal
06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Here are more reviews from the same thread. And I've read plenty others like that on other sites.

"Man, this is one fantastic toy. Yes, it is much lighter than the original MP, but you get over it quick.

It's fantastic getting a scaled down MP Prime. The extra head, gun and hands are just an amazing bonus."

"I just received my Faith Leader from edbomber this weekend and I must say that this thing is pure awesome!

I have no issues with the quality of the plastic or the weight of the toy.

The extra gun, head and hands are a cool incentive in purchasing this version.

The extra head alone is one of the reasons why I purchased this and it's just amazing.

The Megatron gun seems to be made of better plastic that will not crumble as the original one did."

"Got mine over the weekend. Great figure. Does feel a bit light at first, but that's mostly a result of comparing it to MP-OP. Comparing him to the similarly-sized Voyager Animated Optimus, Faith is still a bit heavier. He's gone through several transformations now, and everything seems to be in order, with all the joints working properly and no stress marks or anything. The toe joints were quite loose, though. A dab of superglue fixed those right up."

http://primetoystore.com/Toys%20for%20sale/reviews.htm

The "cheap/light" feeling, I and others have already addressed, go read my previous post. The plastic is thin because of the way the original toy has been designed (the arms, the torso, several thin panels - examine the original, you'll understand) and the toy feels light because it has no die-cast while the original was a block of metal.

Their only other transforming product was the cassette drone released earlier, and the comments were pretty good for that one. Time will tell for future products...

Bruticus82
06-29-2010, 10:52 PM
The thread on this over a TFW is ridiculous...

I'm going to say what I said there, I'm not going to opine on whether or not this is copyright infringement. Hasbro has a legal team, and can hire the best lawyers in the world to take this to court if they want to. I'll leave it up to them to decide what is, and is not, infringing.

But feel free to put a question to hasbro at the TFCon panel about their thoughts on this...

brr-icy
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
The Nemesis Prime has the same issues for me as Faith Leader does (joints, retracting/exposing the hands is sticky (even worse than PP01), and the left leg not locking into position in robot mode - it doesn't fall, but it's definitely not locked like his right leg).

Additionally, his right thumb screw barely holds it in place and has fallen off during transformation. Also, the middle chrome pin on the back of his left arm broke when I first moved his elbow. Only about the last 10th of it broke off where it slides into the grey piece. Super glued it and it seems solid now, but am really hoping nothing else breaks here.

The figures look great on the shelf, but transformation is problematic, and with stuff breaking for me, I'm a little leery of transforming them ever again. Ah well...

Well after picking up my PP-01B from the Post Office today I was disappointed to find out that it's right shoulder joint is glued solid and can't ratchet up and down.

yeah mine has some difficulty with the hands too, my legs actually lock though, which is awesome, cause my pp-01's did just like youre describing. The arms in mine are def tighter than pp-01 and it seems like the ratchet joints in the legs are tighter but Ill have to check that out when I get home. I did, however loose a set of headlights during transformation but I just glued them back on so not tooo bad

Huh. My Nemesis Leader's loose joints don't look like they're fixable, and the butt of the stock on his mini-megatron gun is ripped almost completely off. With these in mind, I can say that I'm no longer 100% happy with Nemesis Leader like I was yesterday when I recieved him in the mail.

I guess I'll be dropping a line with iGear to try and see if anything can be done to fix these problems.

there you go pascal, lots of complaints lol

protoform_ironhide
06-30-2010, 01:21 AM
not-Dirge......this name already crossed the line. Well, I guess just wait for a review to decide I will get this or not.

Richter
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM
not-Dirge......this name already crossed the line. Well, I guess just wait for a review to decide I will get this or not.

eh, official name is 'Elegy Fighter Team'

not-dirge is just slang from TFW

hugh_da_man
06-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Thank you brr-icy...

We'll see how Dirge does in the reviews (other than Peaugh's that is)

astrana
06-30-2010, 03:30 AM
regarding Igear faith leader. I saw many pic review from ACtoy, yes Igear Faith Leader is Piece of sh*t. peugh's review did not bring up half of the problem.

venksta
06-30-2010, 06:10 AM
regarding Igear faith leader. I saw many pic review from ACtoy, yes Igear Faith Leader is Piece of sh*t. peugh's review did not bring up half of the problem.

I also heard that TF fans on the asian boards have nothing good to say about PP-01 at all. It seems the people that do like it, are just fans due to the scale, or whatever reason they bought it.

Pascal
06-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Well, should I start pointing out all the flaws of the REAL MP Convoy then? Because he wasn't without problems. ;)

astrana
06-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Well, should I start pointing out all the flaws of the REAL MP Convoy then? Because he wasn't without problems. ;)

no one said the real MP is flawless.
we are just pointing out quality problem of igear products so other wont waste money.
I just dislike when someone does biased review for igear because they got free stuff or dealz

Pascal
06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
The reviews I quoted were from people like you and me, not Peaugh. And as a matter of fact, Peaugh and the likes don't get "free stuff", they usually pay much more than retail to get their stuff early.

Richter
06-30-2010, 01:13 PM
no one said the real MP is flawless.
we are just pointing out quality problem of igear products so other wont waste money.
I just dislike when someone does biased review for igear because they got free stuff or dealz

Well if we're going to talk about the quality of this guy we should probably wait till he's released first :P

hugh_da_man
06-30-2010, 01:59 PM

The reviews I quoted were from people like you and me, not Peaugh. And as a matter of fact, Peaugh and the likes don't get "free stuff", they usually pay much more than retail to get their stuff early.

I think brr-icy's quotes were all from people like you and me as well.

In the end it doesn't matter. People can go and see all the issues people have had with iGear products and make a decision for themselves. I'll probably keep my money unless the reviews on Dirge say he's worth the money for the quality you get. I don't want to get into super gluing broken parts just to have a functioning $100+ KO toy.

Sun Swipe Prime
06-30-2010, 03:15 PM
In terms of lawsuits and what Hasbro/Takara thinks about the third party companies, I remember reading that they like some of the 3rd party stuff that's out there. I'm readining into this, but I think they like stuff like the appendage kits and City commander because it brings added value and demand for their products. Stuff like Igear, this is stealing plain and simple. I make no judgements on people buying from them. I own my fair share of KO's, but it's not a good thing for an official release of the characters. It probably makes the company reluctant to produce that character.