PDA

View Full Version : TFW2005 BotCon 2010 Coverage : Autobot Alliance Academy, New Toys And More

Super_Megatron
06-24-2010, 10:40 PM
TFW2005 BotCon 2010 Coverage : Autobot Alliance Academy, New Toys And More (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfw2005-botcon-2010-coverage--autobot-alliance-academy-new-toys-and-more-170037/)

Category: Conventions

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Team Jetfire
06-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Very nice.

I'd love to see the seacons. They are my favorite g1 combinder.

Also, who the heck is setting up that display...looks like ass.

Breakdown
06-25-2010, 12:57 AM
The Limited Edition Seacons are SO purchased, as I totally regret not picking up the TFCC edition. :(

Robimus
06-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Seacons, Animated Ironhide and Hot Rod and even the Legends multi packs look cool.

Love that Legends Ravage. I'd get him in a second.:)

pulsedragon20
06-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Seacons!!!!

jackwacko
06-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Seacons O_O .. New Masterpiece Grimlock packaging is really.. cut for cost. Also why are half the display pieces knocked down? Sidways is totally screen accurate now.

Ozrein
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm really hoping those Seacons get a release up here and can be found relatively easily. I've been waiting for that set for a long long time.

And also crossing my fingers for a release of the TFA bots.

jackwacko
06-25-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm really hoping those Seacons get a release up here and can be found relatively easily. I've been waiting for that set for a long long time.

And also crossing my fingers for a release of the TFA bots.

Seacons will probably come eventually.. so will Rodimus Minor.. eventually.. We saw Arcee... Eventually =.=

Breakdown
06-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Seacons will probably come eventually.. so will Rodimus Minor.. eventually.. We saw Arcee... Eventually =.=

Seacons are highly doubtful, as apparently they're to be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive.

jackwacko
06-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Seacons are highly doubtful, as apparently they're to be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive.

WHUT??!?!?!?!... I thought SDCC was Blaster this year.. That brings me great pain... Oh well, at least the new packaging looks cool ...

Pascal
06-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Dang, too late for pictures... what's the point?

crimbot
06-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Where'd it go?

chans formers
06-25-2010, 10:01 AM
this is all i get when i click the link........

No entry specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/[ARG:2 UNDEFINED])

Pascal
06-25-2010, 10:35 AM
I guess they took everything down because the info got leaked too early? Can people at least describe what was shown?

JLvatron
06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I guess they took everything down because the info got leaked too early? Can people at least describe what was shown?

I hope you're a fan of Scott Hall, cause "Chiko, you Wan it? You GAT it!"

glass shelf casing for TF Hall of Fame
-levels seemed tribute many toys past & present of that character
-levels/tributes for Prime, Meg, Bumblebee, Starscream

Other tribute displays for:
-Peter Cullen- with his picture, toys of G1 Prime & Ironhide, plus his voice toys of Movie Prime & Movie Prime helmet
-another tribute (some Takara/Tomy designer?) with his picture plus toys he designed
-Bob Budiansky level with G1 comics & Bob's picture.
-Another toy desinger(?) with picture & G1 S1 toys Prime, Grimlock, Prowl, Sideswipe

glass shelf casing with new product features
-Showed Rodimus Minor & Ironhide (annimated) with their packaging. Both packaged in car mode
-MANY power core combiners, with their packaging behind them

-Seacons with a Huge box package with them in it, sold as a set. The box has a G1 diagonal corner banner in pink/bright purple. Back of box really nice picture of assembled Pirranacon with pics of component members

Several multi-packs, usually with a big (dlx, voy) toy and a bunch of smaller toys (basic, legend?). As usual the in-package is shown behind the figures. Mostly movie-repaints
-1 seemed to be 3 movie Arcees (red, purple, blue) with the big silver & black car. Sideways? His legs seem thin, but the outside toy had fallen down!
-Yellow w/Orange Repaint of Brawl with a basic white/blue car who looks boxy, repainted as an ambulance?
-Movie Bumblebee with a basic orange helicopor that looks like same shape as Armada minicon jolt
-repaint of move mini-Constructicon merger pack, repainted into G1 green!
-tri-pack (legends?) of Bumblebee, Ravage, & some orange/red bulldozer looking thing

-MP Grimlock package. He Looks alot like the original G1 Grimlock, but in a collector's package in robot mode. Much of the front & sides is window plastic so Grimlock can be seen

Team Jetfire
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Edit: Jlvatron beat me too it.

Hmm...lets see:
1. A decent Power core set up. Nothing really new.
2. Rodimus Minor
3. A badly transformed Iron Hide
4. A bunch of seacons loose and in packaging.
5. some random 3 packs containing some odd re-paints.

They also has a small display of Optimus, Megatron, Bummblebee and Starscream through the years.

Stapler
06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I really, really hope that the seacon set will make its way up here. I've always wanted the whole team ever since I was a kid. Come on, Hasbro, don't shatter my dreams by making this some American exclusive.

Ozrein
06-25-2010, 01:24 PM
The Seacons are supposed to be an exclusive of some sort but there was no store listed specifically. However I'm 99.9% certain they are NOT an SDCC exclusive. They were shown with a $49.99 price on their info card.

------------------------------------------------
I'll expand a little on JLvatron's post:

-Seacons with a Huge box package with them in it (packaged combined as Piranacon), sold as a set. The box has a G1 diagonal corner banner in pink/bright purple. Back of box really nice picture of assembled Pirranacon with pics of component members

Several multi-packs, usually with a big (dlx, voy) toy and a bunch of smaller toys (basic, legend?). As usual the in-package is shown behind the figures. Mostly movie-repaints
-1 seemed to be 3 movie Arcees (red, purple, blue) with the big silver & black car. Sideways? (yes Sideways with battle damage, similar to his one and only scene in ROTF) His legs seem thin, but the outside toy had fallen down!
-Yellow w/Orange Repaint of Brawl with a basic white/blue car who looks boxy, repainted as an ambulance? (this is legends Jolt with a white/blue colourscheme, not an ambulance)
-Movie Bumblebee with a basic orange helicopor that looks like same shape as Armada minicon jolt (the helicopter is a Legends Grindor but in a horrible yellow/orange)
-repaint of move mini-Constructicon merger pack, repainted into G1 green!
-tri-pack (legends?) of Bumblebee, Ravage, & some orange/red bulldozer looking thing (these are all repaints of their Deluxe figures, some are saying the red/orange Rampage looks more screen accurate)

Theres also a few pics here for those that might have missed them:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/Ozrein/Transformers/Botcon/

(mods: if posting this link is against the rules, please remove)

Pascal
06-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Cool, thanks for the info guys! I really want Piranacon now!

EDIT: Just saw the pics. Piranacon is great, PCC stuff is cool, ROTF redecos are hit and miss. I like that Sideways repaint, but Sideswipe should have been part of the pack too. Kudos for the 3 Legends triplets. I like the redeco they did for the Bumblebee that was originally packaged with Soundwave, gone are the ugly red paint apps. Cannon Bumblebee looks better too, I might have to change the one I have for that one. Rampage and Brawl are meh.

Benzo
06-25-2010, 02:40 PM
want new animated figs now!!

chans formers
06-25-2010, 03:44 PM
the seacons box screams "walmart" exclusive to me.