PDA

View Full Version : Mod-masters: some brainstorming ideas please!

Uberman
06-22-2010, 11:45 AM
I picked up a Cybertron Menasor from the Village a while ago, and he's well and good in robot mode. But he's missing pretty much everything removable, which means no boob-drills and no wing/scoop/cowcatcher things.

I don't care about the drills. They were ornamental. What bothers me is in vehicle mode [whatever this thing is] he's got no grill. Nothing covering his head.

I'm looking for ideas from you mod-masters for some manner of dealing with this. Something preferably low-intensity as I have few resources and little experience with anything complicated. Still, some ideas of where to start or what to do to add... something to fill in that space. If it's even possible.

Thanks, guys.

chans formers
06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
ummmm......how bout turning him around so that you only see his rear end?:Dlolz!!j/j;)

seriously though,check out your local valuevillage for junkers or a "broken/parts" bin if you have one.what ever you end up using,if you color match it good enough,it should fit right in:)

UltraPrimal
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I was gonna say Omega Doom. But if he's missing that cowcatcher thing than he can't really have those "wings" that help homage Omega Supreme. Nor can he hid his alt mode. So don't give him one! How about Omega Spreem then? And then sell it to Vangelus. :)

Shepp
06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Put some claws/antlers on the sides of his head. That was good enough for Armada Megatron. Hah.

Short of that, glue some kind of drill bit cone on top of his head, covering the back of his head in vehicle mode. It may look odd, but could cover up.

Actually, nearly any piece of angled plastic glued to his head would work. It'll just look like a weird sombrero in robot mode. Start checking out value village and dollar stores for something that would work.

Or you could just remove his head and store it in his chest.

Ultra Maverick
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
make him into a headmaster!

Uberman
06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
The problem I've come across is trying to fabricate anything to replace the scoop is gonna hafta involve joints and swivels, which moves beyond my simplistic kitbashing ethos.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for bits of whatever I can find, just in case, but for the time being Menasor is gonna be treated as the Mega-Pretender shell for my little partnerless Micromaster Gusher. [Yeah, the little robot is pretending to be a bigger robot.]

JLvatron
06-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Actually, nearly any piece of angled plastic glued to his head would work. It'll just look like a weird sombrero in robot mode.

Sombrero???
No, no, the cartoon Menasor had a Scottish accent, not Mexican! :p

Shepp
06-26-2010, 11:08 PM
The problem I've come across is trying to fabricate anything to replace the scoop is gonna hafta involve joints and swivels, which moves beyond my simplistic kitbashing ethos.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for bits of whatever I can find, just in case, but for the time being Menasor is gonna be treated as the Mega-Pretender shell for my little partnerless Micromaster Gusher. [Yeah, the little robot is pretending to be a bigger robot.]

I always saw Cybertron Menasor figure as the Decepticon equivalent of Armada Overload, except with a completely enclosed cockpit and a head. The larger robot can't operate without the smaller one.