PDA

View Full Version : High Resolution Images of Generations and Transformers Wave 3 Assortments

Super_Megatron
06-16-2010, 11:10 PM
High Resolution Images of Generations and Transformers Wave 3 Assortments (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/high-resolution-images-of-generations-and-transformers-wave-3-assortments-169968/)

Category: Transformers Generations Classics 3.0

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Pascal
06-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Cool stuff... Soundwave, Darkmount, Terradive and Tomahawk, I like... Megatron, not so much, but getting him anyway. Maybe he'll grow on me.

Team Jetfire
06-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Good lord those look amazing.

That face on Darkmount is a little unsettling though.

UltraPrimal
06-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Anyone else think Terradive=Jhiaxus and Tomahawk=Whirl?

Malwave
06-16-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm liking the Generations line every time I see more pics :D; props go to Darkmount, Tomahawk, Terradrive, and WfC Soundwave for taking my wallet and removing its monetary guts upon their eventual release. :p

Jazz Hand
06-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I just had a toygasm...

Tekkamanraiden
06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
I just had a toygasm...

You're not the only one.

Code of Honor
06-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Terradive is awesome! I love almost every aspect of that figure so far, can't wait to see a video review of it. Like the others too, except for Jolt.

nervousviper
06-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Awesome!!! :eek:

With all this toys coming out in a few months (Generations, WFC, FP munitioner & explorer, MP Grimlock) my wallet will gonna be hurt a bit again.

Nocturn
06-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Solid stuff, minus Red Alert and Jolt.

Matrix_Holder
06-17-2010, 01:03 AM
This generations line is awesome, why is jolt in there though...they should keep it in the "transformers" (movie) line and not this one, keep this line for new/unreleased molds and not more movie repaints. Other than jolt i want all of these figs.

jackwacko
06-17-2010, 01:30 AM
There goes 7 holes in my wallet.. =.= All the new molds made me jump up and down and clap my hands like a little boy (though i'm only 17...) ... Surprisingly, Tomahawk doesn't have a tomahawk, but has a.. barrage of missles O_o

What the hell are you doing there jolt, get out and stop ruining the picture...

jackwacko
06-17-2010, 01:40 AM
And um guys... Darkmount's feet is free-floating.. that's kinda scary.

Matrix_Holder
06-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Is is just me or does Tomahawk look like an updated version of Armada Cyclonushttp://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/12/r_cyclonus022.jpg

jackwacko
06-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Is is just me or does Tomahawk look like an updated version of Armada Cyclonushttp://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/12/r_cyclonus022.jpg

Autobot version of Armada Cyclonus

Prowl_2009
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Nice! Love Soundwave and Red Alert, will be adding them to my collection for sure! :D Guess I won't need to track down the Henkei version soon enough. :p The pictures look amazing and I can pretty much say for certain all of these bad boys will be finding places in my collection at one point or another. :D

Never ever thought I'd say this, but: Thank You, Hasbro! :)

Ultra Maverick
06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Terradive has a mother flippin' Trident!!!!

You don't screw with a guy who's got a trident!

Dragon Knight
06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Soundwave and Red Alert looks awesome! As well as Terradive and Tomawhawk.

Bruticus82
06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
All of the new molds look really good!

Hasbro looks to have produced some top notch products this time around.

Sureshot22
06-17-2010, 10:46 AM
oooo baby those are awesome. jolt GTFO...

cant wait for the rest. and cant believe some dont like that soundwave. he is pure win other then maybe his feet. i love how they updated him and yet kept his look G1 ish

chaingunsofdoom
06-17-2010, 11:36 AM
And um guys... Darkmount's feet is free-floating.. that's kinda scary.

Yeah doesn't look too good.

Is that the final paint for RA or some photoshop effect? The window looks horrible.

Pascal
06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
All the pictures are photoshop products. Real toys will probably look very different.

UltraPrimal
06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah, we'll see at BotCon next week exactly what they look like. Maybe be able to purchase some of them. :crosses fingers and toes:

JLvatron
06-17-2010, 04:40 PM

I agree! I tend to avoid thugs with Lucifer-forks!

Stapler
06-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Terradive is very Jihaxis looking and looks like a great partner for Darkmount/Straxus! Is it just me or does Tomahawk look like a re imagining of Armada Cyclonus? They all look great and I can't wait to have them! :D

Matrix_Holder
06-17-2010, 06:41 PM

its not just you, lol. posted last this last night.

Stapler
06-17-2010, 06:47 PM
its not just you, lol. posted last this last night.

So it's true. Bring on Demolishor! :D

chans formers
06-17-2010, 07:51 PM
i didn't know you could mount the engine thing onto the gun on redalert!!(was it modded to be able to or can sunstreaker and sideswipe do it too?)

definately looking forward to straxus,wfc megs and soundwave.
to me though,tomahawk looks like a new version of energon bulkhead,cockpit placement in bot mode and all;)

down_shift
06-17-2010, 08:12 PM
i didn't know you could mount the engine thing onto the gun on redalert!!(was it modded to be able to or can sunstreaker and sideswipe do it too?)

definately looking forward to straxus,wfc megs and soundwave.
to me though,tomahawk looks like a new version of energon bulkhead,cockpit placement in bot mode and all;)

Ya, you can do that with the engine on the originals. However it's loose as a $4 hooker and doesn't stay on worth a damn.

I'm really liking the new stuff outta Generations and I like everything outta HFTD too. I'll prolly buy them all except Jolt. I haven't even opened the ROTF version yet. lol

Cheers Ian
06-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Hmm.

Red Alert and Soundwave will be bought on sight.

I'll wait for a sale to get Straxus.

Pass on the rest.

Cheers!
-Ian

Janitor
06-17-2010, 08:34 PM
There some definite badassery going on in this Generations wave!

http://www.gifdump.co.cc/images/anchortrid.gif

UltraPrimal
06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Hmm. I still say he makes a half-decent Whirl homage. Specifically Universe 1.0 Whirl.
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/27/UniverseWhirl_toy.jpg
Same color scheme; mostly blue, white parts, yellow visor and cockpit. And he's got the launching missile pods that look to me like they can detach and be hand-held. Even his overall design is reminiscent of Universe Whirl, what with the fins behind the shoulders and helicopter blades hanging off the back. It also looks like he's got a claw arm too, like G1 Whirl.

But I can also see him repainted as Cyclonus or Bulkhead.

Also, I just noticed the two helicopter blades on the left are on upside-down. Silly Hasbro. Can't even assemble their own photoshopped toys. :P

jackwacko
06-17-2010, 09:53 PM
So it's true. Bring on Demolishor! :D

Hey.. didn't they just revive Armada Demolisher in that new game?... Oh man WFC Demolisher beside 2010 Universy armada Cyclonus... Cross-continuity reunion :rolleyes:

Supernova
06-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Hmm. I still say he makes a half-decent Whirl homage. Specifically Universe 1.0 Whirl.

Same color scheme; mostly blue, white parts, yellow visor and cockpit. And he's got the launching missile pods that look to me like they can detach and be hand-held. Even his overall design is reminiscent of Universe Whirl, what with the fins behind the shoulders and helicopter blades hanging off the back. It also looks like he's got a claw arm too, like G1 Whirl.

Also, I just noticed the two helicopter blades on the left are on upside-down. Silly Hasbro. Can't even assemble their own photoshopped toys. :P

Funny you mention that mold, as I thought he would make a great update to Rotorstorm as well, but definitely has that Whirl vibe in the colours like you said.

If I had to guess, I'd almost say the assembly of the blades was intentional to look better in robot mode, with those "tabs" being on both sides when folded up.

On the whole though, all of those figures are looking really good! :D

Stapler
06-17-2010, 10:11 PM

After taking a closer look at the figure, I noticed he has an autobot logo, so you could be right. I just thought the face had an uncanny resemblance to Cyclonus. But that's what repaints are for! ;)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Is is just me or does Tomahawk look like an updated version of Armada Cyclonus
Looks more like Flip-top (http://counter-x.net/gobots/reviews/series2/flip_top.html) to me.

I'm loving Terradive. It's always nice to see jetbots that aren't Starscream redecos, and the fact that he comes with a frikin' trident just clinches it.

I'll be getting Megatron and Soundwave since they're important characters that really don't get many decent homages, but neither of them are really ideal. Soundwave looks cool, but a proper Soundwave figure needs to have an opening chest that can store casettebots, which this one appears to lack, and Megatron's got quite a few problems, although both toys look decent.

Tomahawk also looks decent, although I think I'll save him for BOGO-fodder.

Going to be skipping Red Alert. I've already got one version of this mould, which is one too many. At least he was better than Prowl and Ironhide, though. Universe 2.0: most disappointing line ever.

Prowl_2009
06-18-2010, 09:57 AM
I'll wait for a sale to get Straxus.

Same here. To be honest, Straxus just isn't wowing me like I thought he would. Chances are good I'll end up picking him up, but he's one of those ones (like Breakaway and Jolt) that I just don't feel right about paying full price for.