PDA

View Full Version : Some Transformers 3 Details - 3D, End of Trilogy, Villian Revealed

Super_Megatron
06-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Some Transformers 3 Details - 3D, End of Trilogy, Villian Revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/some-transformers-3-details---3d-end-of-trilogy-villian-revealed-169933/)

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Team Jetfire
06-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Sounds promising.

Lame about the end of the trilogy though.

Pascal
06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Him as the main villain? Come on. He used to be just a pion.

onecoin
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Three movies does not a trilogy make. With so much CG it doesn't matter at all if it is filmed in 3D. It will probably be easier to film flat, that way the perspective can be adjusted as needed to mesh with the CG. Shockwave is cool, but it feels like its in reverse in scale with Fallen. Maybe it will be on Cybertron and they can leave Shia in space.

-KG-
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm glad to hear the "dorky comedy" is gone. ROTF had a lot of issues but the comedy really killed it for me.

As for "him" as the main villain, I can see it working if it's written well.

Team Jetfire
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Three movies does not a trilogy make.

I agree with this statement.

It use to be that a trilogy would be a cohesive story line spanning 3 movies.

Apparently now it means that a trilogy is how long a director wants to be associated with a movie...

aximili
06-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Nice. I'm really digging "him" as the villain. I think he could pull it off very well. Screw the Fallen, this guy can be frightening.

I don't really care if this is the final movie for the Bayverse. I do hope they reboot it in a couple years though, but only because I want giant transforming robot movies.

Robimus
06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Him as the main villain? Come on. He used to be just a pion.

Depends on the source. He definitly wasn't a pion in early Marvel.

That said have they simply forgotten Megatron?

UltraPrimal
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm glad this will be the last movie. I've grown tired of the movie franchise. If they do do a reboot, for God-sakes don't use Michael Bay again!!! The man should keep to what he does best, pointless action movies. I want my Transformers grandiose and epic with a plot and story driving it. Not just noise and flash.

Malwave
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
five bucks says Bay messes up Shockwave's personality :rolleyes:, makes him some emotional, psychotic killer or something.

or Megatron's boss :rolleyes:

jackwacko
06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
five bucks says Bay messes up Shockwave's personality :rolleyes:, makes him some emotional, psychotic killer or something.

Both those ideas sound.. interesting... But no matter what universe, Megatron rule the Cons.. Unless he's Galvatron.. Why the heck isn't Galvatron in the movies.. given ROTF had a megatron revival... but didn't name him Galvatron.. That confused the nerd in me..

Supernova
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll believe it when I see it...does sounds kinda promising though.

Optimus_Prime
06-10-2010, 11:21 PM
This little piece of news has started the TF movie hype in me again! Shockwave as the main villain is unexpected, seeing as he is lower than Megatron in other incarnations, but I think the idea has great potential. Also, I'm not surprised or disappointed that this will be the end of the trilogy; it just means I won't have to worry about collecting another movie line after I start post-secondary, which is quite a relief.

The first two movies are among my favourites whether I look at the ups or downs. I know for sure that I will enjoy this final installation, even if Michael Bay reinvents Shockwave beyond recognition, or ruins the franchise in some other unpredictable way.

Code of Honor
06-10-2010, 11:49 PM
If true, I like the villain, hope he's more like he was in the comics, or maybe from Animated. I like that the dorky comedy is gone as well as the Twins. However I hate that it's going to be in 3D, it's going to be difficult to find a good theatre not showing in 3D. And as for the ending of the trilogy, I don't think it'll end any differently from the way the other 2 movies did.

Pascal
06-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Maybe it will be a trilogy of trilogies? :)

keanu577
06-11-2010, 01:15 AM
3D?! I HATE 3D!!! Well oh well... And idk this is gonna work out... How is "Him" the main villain? I want it to be Thunderwing or Jhiaxus!

Pascal
06-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Erector should have been the main villain.

Me.Grimlock.King
06-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I am disappointed with this choice. I was hopping it would be a bigger bot. But it will be nice to see him in the movie.

Mumps
06-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Ooooo! I am very excited for this one. If they are able to do this one right with him as the villain then it would be a great way to end this series of movies.

The news on 3D though... very disapointed. I hope it's filmed in 3D, and not tacked on at the end. I don't want the 3D to take away from the experience, like every movie I've seen in 3D has, except Avatar.

Pascal
06-11-2010, 09:47 AM
The Final destination in 3D worked pretty well.

jourdo
06-11-2010, 10:39 AM

I think both of these actually could work. I see Shockwave taking over the Decepticons as Megatron is perceived as a failure. Cold logis dictates that he should lead.

The emotional part I could see as his downfall. He gets so pissed off that he loses his cool (most likely because something is humping something else... IN 3D) and this opens the window for the Autobots to jump in and claim victory. Meanwhile Megatron laughs off in the background setting up the unexpected quadrilogy!

rid
06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Three movies does not a trilogy make. With so much CG it doesn't matter at all if it is filmed in 3D. It will probably be easier to film flat, that way the perspective can be adjusted as needed to mesh with the CG. VILLAIN_NAME is cool, but it feels like its in reverse in scale with Fallen. Maybe it will be on Cybertron and they can leave Shia in space.
Dude, can you remove the villain's name from your post so you don't reveal the spoiler for others, like it did for me!

Robimus
06-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I didn't mention it in my earlier post for that reason but the thread title is clear that there will be spoilers - if they are even true.;)

rid
06-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I didn't mention it in my earlier post for that reason but the thread title is clear that there will be spoilers - if they are even true.;)
Agreed on the nature of the spoiler. But :

1. The original News does make an effort of hiding the spoiler.
2. All posters made effort to hide the spoiler
3. It's only fair (and common courtesy) to others that if a person decided to read the spoiler not to repeat it without spoiler warnings!

Team Jetfire
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Why would you click a link that said 'Villian Revealed' though?

Besides, there is no way that you could have hide from a plot point that important for long.

UltraMarknus
06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Malwave dropped the name too...I laughed when I read that as others had made the effort to call him, "him" and BLAMO there it was LOL.

Anyways, whatever, why should I believe anything from this "news"?

onecoin
06-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Dude, can you remove the villain's name from your post so you don't reveal the spoiler for others, like it did for me!

I understand the call on spoilers, but how is knowing the name of a published villain a spoiler? The last movie was called Revenge of the Fallen and the toys revealed all the characters in the movie.

Prowl_2009
06-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Sad to hear it's the end of the film series, but I have to admit, and although I find it kind of odd to make a pawn a main villain, I am stoked to see Shockwave being brought into the series. :D