PDA

View Full Version : Otakuthon, anyone going??

chisau
06-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Otakuthon is an anime convetion in montreal.
http://www.otakuthon.com/en/

Venus Terzo (voice of Black Arachnia) will be there as a guest.

Anyone else going to this convention??

Protoman
06-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Of course, last year it was free cause they wanted to get a idea of how many anime fans are in Montreal, this year they are charging. I hope people show up

JLvatron
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm not a big anime fan, so I'll pass. I'll see how big it gets in another year or so.

Just Chisau, are you coming to town for it?

chisau
06-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not a big anime fan, so I'll pass. I'll see how big it gets in another year or so.

Just Chisau, are you coming to town for it?

I'm thinking about it. I do want to get venus' autograph.

but adding the cost of gas, hotel, time off, etc.... it does get expensive just for an autograph. And if this convention is anything like anime north, i may not even get the autograph.

JLvatron
06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking about it. I do want to get venus' autograph.

but adding the cost of gas, hotel, time off, etc.... it does get expensive just for an autograph. And if this convention is anything like anime north, i may not even get the autograph.

I agree it's expensive Just for an autograph. But if you want 1, Montreal will be a guarantee. The con will be lik 25 times smaller than Anime North, plus the Montreal crowd aint too big on actor autographs.

Years ago, a bunch of StarTrek and Starwars actors had zero lineups at a sci-fi/anime/comic convention in town.
Why?

Cause everybody wanted Pat Lee and tons more comiccers' autographs.

Protoman
06-16-2007, 08:41 AM
We ain't good for cons, which is a shame....... we are more a "menu du jour" crowd sadly.....