PDA

View Full Version : Good item to get signed.

Tom
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
This will be by first TFcon and I don't know what a good item get signed could be.
I was thinking something like a transformers mighty mugg, and if it is a good idea what one?

Aernaroth
06-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Mighty Muggs, and other "display" focused toys are good ideas for autographs. Other commonly autographed items for voice actors are TF figures, tech specs, posters/prints, DVDs, etc. For the comic guests, usually people have them sign an example of their work, either an issue they've worked on, or a print they have available, or a comissioned sketch.

Remember though that you'll have to supply the item if its something special, so if you have to pack light or carry it around all day, something smaller/lighter might be a better idea. But its best to bring an item, no matter what it is, where the guest's signature will mean something special to you.

Dragon Knight
06-02-2010, 11:06 PM
This'll be my first TF Con too...is there a limit to how many items you can sign?

Nocturn
06-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Your tits

Robimus
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Get Alex Milne to do a commision for you of a character the voice actor played, then get said voice actor to sign it.

Assuming Alex is going of course.

Tekkamanraiden
06-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Your tits

I don't want to see any man boobs thank you, it is a family event.

Autobot_Lancer
06-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I had my Origanal copy of Transformers the Movie (g1) Signed by Peter Cullen Last year at Bot Con. That would be something good to have signed.

CyberMnky
06-03-2010, 01:34 AM
I had Gary Chalk sign my optimus primal's monkey ass at the Calgary comic show.

Nightscrabbler
06-03-2010, 09:02 AM
This'll be my first TF Con too...is there a limit to how many items you can sign?

I believe, and don't quote me on this, that the limit is 2, and then if you want to get more signed, you should get back in line. Some knowledgeable Ops staffer can confirm...

-edited-

Super_Megatron
06-03-2010, 09:28 AM

2 items per person at a time during the autograph sessions. No limit for the guests setup in the dealer room.

Cheers Ian
06-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Mark Ryan will probably have some 8x10's that you can purchase.

Not sure about David Kaye.

Cheers!
-Ian

Nightscrabbler
06-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Last time (best tfcon: 2004!) David had some pictures to be signed.

Pascal
06-03-2010, 10:52 AM
My friend ran into an autograph session once for a well-known band here in Quebec and all he had in hand was an empty bottle of Coke. That bottle was the hit of the day.

chans formers
06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
i've been getting signatures in my idw beastwars bio/comic book.
the last was garry chalk at the calgary comic expo signing the pages of optimus primal.
tfcon shall see bw megatron's pages get signed;):)

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
That totally depends on what kind of arsenal of items you have.If you're heading to the Voice Actors,check what you own that they've voiced in.Mark Ryan played Jetfire and BumbleBee in the TF Films,while David Kaye played a whole lot of characters since Beast Wars.

I'd also suggest what Robimus said.If your not sure,ask the artists that are attending to make a commission of the characters the VAs worked on.

Or,go to the third path and use some obscure item for them to sign.

Mighty_Galvatron
06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking the DVDs would be good to have signed.

I'm just on the fence of asking David to sign Beast Wars or Beast Machines...just can't decide.

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-03-2010, 01:36 PM

I'm just on the fence of asking David to sign Beast Wars or Beast Machines...just can't decide.

Why not both?

Mighty_Galvatron
06-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Why not both?

I don't know. I guess I just feel weird making someone sign more then one item for some reason.

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't know. I guess I just feel weird making someone sign more then one item for some reason.

Odd,usually the Voice Actors I encounter sign a whole bunch of stuff from me.

Dragon Knight
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm probably going to try to track down an Animated PRime of some sort, and get David Kaye to sign that...dunno if I'll get Mark Ryan to sign anything...mabe a Deluxe Bumblebee or legends Jetfire?

Rogue_Optimus
06-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm probably going to try to track down an Animated PRime of some sort, and get David Kaye to sign that...dunno if I'll get Mark Ryan to sign anything...mabe a Deluxe Bumblebee or legends Jetfire?

That's what I plan on, Animated prime and a deluxe BB

Ultra Maverick
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm having this struggle as well,
I did manage to find an activators cliffjumper the other day, so maybe I will get David Kaye to sign that as well as maybe an activators Optimus...

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm having this struggle as well,
I did manage to find an activators cliffjumper the other day, so maybe I will get David Kaye to sign that as well as maybe an activators Optimus...

Why not both...this is something I can't seem to comprehend about why people struggle on one specific item for signing.

JLvatron
06-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Maybe it's cause in the glory days of Dream Wave, Pat Lee would generously sign and draw art on stuff (usually comics). This would sometimes leave the owner looking at a defaced cover.

There's a thin line atween art & graffiti, even if it's by the artist himself.

Maybe others are trying to minimize this risk?

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Maybe it's cause in the glory days of Dream Wave, Pat Lee would generously sign and draw art on stuff (usually comics). This would sometimes leave the owner looking at a defaced cover.

There's a thin line atween art & graffiti, even if it's by the artist himself.

Maybe others are trying to minimize this risk?

Hmm,well I don't mind if there's ink on my toys or comics,such as long as those involved with the work were holding the pen/marker at that time.

Black Cat
06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm at least getting my rubber ducky signed. :D

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm at least getting my rubber ducky signed. :D

So,I'm guessing I'm the only one who's getting a good amount of stuff signed?Oh dear.

But since it's only going to be two items,then my main ones would have to be my Roll-Out Command Prime and my Beast Wars: Sourcebook.

Robimus
06-04-2010, 04:05 PM

DVD's is a good idea too. I got Marv Wolfman's signiature on both my Beast Wars Season 1 and Beast Machines(First Five Episodes) DVD's at C4 and they look great.

One can take out the Flap and let the ink get good and dry before sliding them back into place.

Dragon Knight
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Cybertron Prime and NEST Bumblebee have been aquired for signing today.

I'm considering getting a Legends Jetfire to be signed.

I'll be looking for a Takara Animated Lugnut for a friend of mine, which I'll get him to sign as well...I'm HEAVILY considering buying a Takara voyager prime for him to sign...

Zodberg
06-14-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm hoping to get my copy of Allspark Almanac vol 2 signed by Derrick.

Spotlight: Doubledealer for Dan Khanna

Leader Jetfire has a nice smoth portion to get signed that's removable, so you don't need to lug a huge figure around the con.

I'm hoping to have a nice sweet drawing of the characters the voice guest's portrayed. I'm thinking of making prints of it, if my table registration comes through. Is there any chance any other guests will be announced? I don't want to leave anybody out.

Ultra Maverick
06-14-2010, 08:58 AM
It's great that Derrick will be back this year, I've been kicking myself for not getting him to sign something last year.

I'm going to go with a activator prime and/or cliffjumper, that way both Derrick and David Kaye can sign them :)

As for Mark Ryan, well, I may do the panel thing Zodberg was talking about, a great idea's a great idea.

sachiel_ca
06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Just got lucky and found Animated Arcee at toys 'R' Us. So I'm thinkin' now that Derrick is coming back this year I'll get him to sign one of them. He was nice enough to do an awsome sketch of Animated BB last year on the convention t-shirt for me. It was cool because it had Milne G1/Classics BB on it, Milne's sig and Derrick's sketch and his sig too.

Dragon Knight
06-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Hmmm y'know, I'm considering getting BOTH David Kaye and Wyatt to sign my Deluxe Prime.

JLvatron
06-14-2010, 07:49 PM
It was cool because it had Milne G1/Classics BB on it, Milne's sig and Derrick's sketch and his sig too.

Wow! Wear it this year!!! :)

sachiel_ca
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Wow! Wear it this year!!! :)

Don't know if I'd wear it. I'd hate to get anything on it, but I'm going to bring it with me at least. Because I just checked it and it has Dan's/G1 BB's sig on it to.

So adding Ryan's sig would be cool cause its one more Bumblebee.

Thanks for the idea man.:)

Ah who am I kidding, I'll probably end up wearing it for awhile any way.

CyberMnky
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm getting a beast wars Megs for DavidKaye to sign and then either a rubber ducky or my signature book...

JLvatron
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm getting a beast wars Megs for DavidKaye to sign and then either a rubber ducky or my signature book...

Rubber ducky is a great idea! :)

Dragon Knight
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
It's a good thing I bought that Shattered Glass Megs...I'll be getting Dan to sign his tech-spec bio card.

General Tekno
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Myself, I'm bringing this plushie for Kaye to sign:

(Note - did not make it myself, for anyone asking - plushie courtesy of http://callykarishokka.deviantart.com/)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/116434159.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1277762858&Signature=wulY7273Yfe59rT7qpZH4AuwB3I%3D