PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Prime Starscream To Reprise His G1 Personality

Super_Megatron
05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Transformers: Prime Starscream To Reprise His G1 Personality (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/transformers-prime-starscream-to-reprise-his-g1-personality-169745/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Prowl_2009
05-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I wonder if Tom Kenny will reprise his G1 role! :D That'd be great, Cullen, Welker and Kenny all doing VO's for this new Transformers cartoon! :D

GMfan
05-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Tom Kenny didn't play G1 Starscream

Prowl_2009
05-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Oops, my mistake, Chris Latta (AKA - Christopher Collins). :p Who passed away in 1994. Kenny did the voice of Animated Starscream though, so maybe he'll get the job to do the VA for TF: Prime.

jjwankenobi
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
If they got Dr. Smoov to do all the voices then the cost savings could be applied towards better story writing or perhaps a better show title...

Malwave
05-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I - for one - am happy. I always liked the G1 personality, and I'm sure Kenny will do his best to not only emulate Chris Latta's version, but add in a few bits of his own to the mix.

This should be interesting to say the least. :)

JLvatron
05-20-2010, 04:58 PM
As long as they don't get BW actors or any other voicers who think Starscream's voice means screaming.

Stapler
05-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I hope Kenny returns to voice Starscream. If it ends up being a movieverse series than I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Adler returns. But Kenny would have to be my favorite VA to take on the character since Mr. Latta.

TMIIWonkoNemises
05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
As long as they don't get BW actors or any other voicers who think Starscream's voice means screaming.

I recall that Doug Parker played Starscream in Beast Wars long ago...what's wrong with him,if that's who you're implying to?

Either way,I go with the rest and say Tom Kenny should reprise as Starscream.

keanu577
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Kenny's TFA Starscream was epic so hopely he's voicing starscream! WOO HOO!!

Tekkamanraiden
05-20-2010, 10:23 PM
This new series keeps looking better and better.

aximili
05-21-2010, 02:05 AM
I recall that Doug Parker played Starscream in Beast Wars long ago...what's wrong with him,if that's who you're implying to?

Either way,I go with the rest and say Tom Kenny should reprise as Starscream.

Terrorsaur was so underrated. I hear that Doug Parker is voicing Starscream in War for Cybertron and I think he'd be great in the show. Though I'd be happy with Tom Kenny.

JLvatron
05-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Yah, that's it. He voiced Starscream just like Terrorsaur who had more of a high-ptched yelling voice. What made it worse (no fault to the actor) was the production had Starscream's voice 1st appear without a body and Terrorsaur was shown in the background which linked the 2 even more.

Also, fans who try Starscream usually scream and think that's it. :D

TMIIWonkoNemises
05-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Yah, that's it. He voiced Starscream just like Terrorsaur who had more of a high-ptched yelling voice. What made it worse (no fault to the actor) was the production had Starscream's voice 1st appear without a body and Terrorsaur was shown in the background which linked the 2 even more.

Also, fans who try Starscream usually scream and think that's it. :D

Well they have to make Starscream different from Terrorsaur,which is why that route is chosen,as well as let Terrorsaur not say much in the Episode to distinguish the two.Aside from that,it was only one Episode,if Starscream appeared more,perhaps there would have been a gradual change from what we heard the first time.

JLvatron
05-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Well they have to make Starscream different from Terrorsaur,which is why that route is chosen,

But the voice wasn't different. And it was distinguished even Less by showing Terrorsaur in the background when a 'terrorsaur' voice is taking by nobody there.

TMIIWonkoNemises
05-21-2010, 04:32 PM
But the voice wasn't different. And it was distinguished even Less by showing Terrorsaur in the background when a 'terrorsaur' voice is taking by nobody there.

Well what would you want them to do?Regardless,it was only for one Episode and hasn't affect the series after that.

JLvatron
05-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Well what would you want them to do?Regardless,it was only for one Episode and hasn't affect the series after that.

Agreed. :)

But I would have had them make some effort to distinguish the voice from Terrorsaur. Also, somebody should have checked the final product for the Terrosaur confusion.