PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Guitar Hero advice

JLvatron
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi all,
Today I'm buying Guitar Hero, but which 1 do I get, GH 1 or 2?

My nephew recommends GH 1 and said it's alot more challenging than GH 2.

You expert Heroes, what d'yall think?

Dave-astator
06-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I got GH2 first and was so impressed by it, I bought GH1 afterwards. For song selection, I like the variety on GH2...maybe cause I like rockin' out to Rage!!

GH1 is a little more difficult to play...I find....so you may want to try GH2 first....it also has a training mode where you can practise certain parts of the song and at different speeds so you can get an idea of the fingering, strumming....the whammy bar..

So that's my advice for ya!

P.S. Sabrina prefers GH2 as well...

JLvatron
06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Awesome info dude, GH 2 sounds better. How long have you had it for and is it still challenging?

And I agree, GH 3 should include Sabrina songs like "Shake your Whammy Fammy" and "Come to Hilda's Coffee House".:D

Dave-astator
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Awesome info dude, GH 2 sounds better. How long have you had it for and is it still challenging?

And I agree, GH 3 should include Sabrina songs like "Shake your Whammy Fammy" and "Come to Hilda's Coffee House".:D

My girlfriend bought me GH2 for Xmas....I bought GH1 back in March and they're both still wicked fun! As for challenging, I am only starting the hard levels having beaten the easy and medium levels.

And as for GH3...I'd like to see more guitar rock songs. None of this Matthew Good or The Pretenders.
And I can't say I know those Sabrina songs....luckily.

JLvatron
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Good to hear they're still challenging. I guess I'll get GH 2.
I can't believe it, only 1.5 hrs to go!:)

And I can't say I know those Sabrina songs....luckily.

What!:eek:
Oh, I am sooo gonna tell Sabrina tonight at Hilda's Coffee House!:D

JLvatron
06-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Aaarrgggh!!!:mad:
Best Buy didn't have the full GH package yesterday! In fact they told me they and Future Shop have been waiting for months for Sony to send a new batch.

Goodly, EB Games may be getting a shipment today.:o

Dave-astator
06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
See what happens when you leave it too late....you should've got GH when it first came out!!

JLvatron
06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Does anybody know if Costco has a bundle?

Aernaroth
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
The only bundle I know of has GH2 and the guitar controller.

GH2 has a more varied mixture of songs. Its also the one you want if you want to play freebird. Or trogdor. Both have some damn fine music though.

JLvatron
06-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Cool! Along with a full page of Transformers on sale in the new TRU flyer, they have GH 2 bundle for $90, same price as EB games and Best Buy (who don't have it in stock).

Maeby I can be a Hero today!! :)

Dave-astator
06-16-2007, 01:51 AM
So???? Are you a Hero yet?

JLvatron
06-16-2007, 06:51 PM
So???? Are you a Hero yet?

YES!!!:)
Went to TRU yesterday and they didn't have any and doubted they would in time for today's non-sale.
Then walked over to Future Shop and they had'em.

I played about 2 hrs after midnight, then 3 hrs this afternoon. So much fun!!!:cool:

JLvatron
06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks to all you guys for your help. This game is amaze!:)

I played 2 hrs Friday night, 3 hrs Saturday, 1.5 hrs yesterday, then went to a wedding, then played 2 hrs after I got back.

My wrist is Killing ME!!:( :D :D :cool:

Dave-astator
06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
My wrist and all my joints in fingers were killing me the first time I played it.
I grip the guitar neck way too tightly.

So, what's your favourite song and how many songs have you gotten perfect on?

JLvatron
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
After 2 days I beat Easy and moved onto Medium.
I've never gotten perfect, but I've gotten 5 stars on Rock This Town and the Kiss song, which are my favorites.:cool:

It's cool, there's alatta songs I never liked but now I really appreciate the guitar part; like Message in a Bottle, and You Really Got Me.

And there's a song named after our very own TF-costume expert Wayward!:)

Dave-astator
06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
After 2 days I beat Easy and moved onto Medium.
I've never gotten perfect, but I've gotten 5 stars on Rock This Town and the Kiss song, which are my favorites.:cool:

It's cool, there's alatta songs I never liked but now I really appreciate the guitar part; like Message in a Bottle, and You Really Got Me.

And there's a song named after our very own TF-costume expert Wayward!:)

Easy is pretty easy, but now you have to work on getting perfect on Medium.

I've seen my buddy play Message in a Bottle, but until I played it on GH2, there were a few parts I never really noticed before.

I like the unlockable songs like YYZ, but you probably haven't gotten that far yet....but when you do, all I can say is, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO TRY FREEBIRD??

DO YOU REALLY REALLY WANT TO DO IT?

RandomFerret
06-19-2007, 01:15 PM
You made the right choice. Guitar Hero 2 lets you play lead, Rhythm and Bass parts in two-player and practice mode.

Much, much better than the original. The songs are harder, too.

JLvatron
06-19-2007, 01:23 PM
You made the right choice. Guitar Hero 2 lets you play lead, Rhythm and Bass parts in two-player and practice mode.

Much, much better than the original. The songs are harder, too.

Tres cool. Thanks for the info!:)

JLvatron
06-23-2007, 11:04 AM
I like the unlockable songs like YYZ, but you probably haven't gotten that far yet....but when you do, all I can say is, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO TRY FREEBIRD??

DO YOU REALLY REALLY WANT TO DO IT?

The songs leading up to YYZ were dull, but worth it for the prize! And I finally understand your Freebird questions, hah!:cool:
I actually got intimidated by all the questions so I said no. Then I learned it in quick play and returned to the live concert.

The 'lights setting' was so cool. Matrix, I couldn't believe what happened after the song!:eek:

inCROYable!!:) :) :)

Aernaroth
06-23-2007, 12:07 PM
PLAY FREEBIRD

JLvatron
06-23-2007, 12:11 PM
PLAY FREEBIRD

I did. It's so warped, you don't need the wammy bar!