PDA

View Full Version : Fansproject City Commander, TFX-03 Add-on set, Hasbro Classics Ultra Magnus, etc.

Vakamadisk
05-09-2010, 11:48 PM
What I have up for auction now is the legendary City Commander trailer/armor set with its proper armament, and the 'bot to wear it. That's right: The most complete version of a Classics/Universe 2.0 Ultra Magnus figure is being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

The winner of this auction shall receive the City Commander trailer/armor set created by world-renowned third-party company, Fansproject; the TFX-03 Add-on set; and Hasbro's Classics Ultra Magnus figure.

The deal is sweetened by the inclusion of an official Autobot decal applied on City Commander's right shoulder. Please keep in mind that the decal originally came from the sticker sheet of Takara's Encore G1 Optimus Prime, so it is not from Reprolabels.

Everything you need to know is in the ebay auction itself: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200470856699
There are about 57 pictures below the auction's (above link's) description.
Good luck to all those who want to bid.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/581/1006428.jpg

Vakamadisk
05-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Sorry everyone. The auction has now been ended due to a local offer. I've posted a reply here which further explains my reasons for ending the auction so suddenly. It's response #9, I believe.

CyberMnky
05-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Gee, how nice for those of us that were bidding...

Cliffjumper69
05-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry everyone. The auction has now been ended due to a local offer.

Dude, not cool :rolleyes:

CJ

hugh_da_man
05-15-2010, 06:51 PM
lol...well now we know why he was asking how much these things usually sell for in his other thread.

onecoin
05-15-2010, 07:27 PM
He didn't take anyone's money except the person he sold it to. He does not owe anyone anything and he definitely doesn't deserve to be called a "scumbag." Then to go far as to suggest that he overpriced his item. Good for him for selling his item for a price he and the buyer were able to agree too, he avoids the risk of shipping out the item, those ridiculous ebay final sell fees and the ridiculous Paypal transaction fees.

Matrix_Holder
05-15-2010, 07:44 PM
An auction is a gamble that you may not get the price you want, you have entered into an agreement that the highest bidder by the end of the auction gets the item. You cannot just end the auction if you do not think you are going to get the desired price. I have reported early ended auctions that I have bid on to ebay and only had to pay my final bid that I made plus shipping. If you don't want to sell the item for a low price, use the "buy it now" or "best offer".

Vakamadisk
05-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I know that what I did wasn't fair to the other bidders. I've been selling items on ebay for quite some time, so I'll be honest and say that I do not favor shipping items.

I realize that the auction had 4 bids before I ended it. I apologize to those who really wanted to win the items. That was the first time I've ever ended an auction early like that. When I received that offer from a buyer who lives locally in my area, I considered the options: Take the offer and avoid shipping and ebay seller fees, or decline (honorably) and allow the auction to continue.

I chose the first choice because it was really convenient for me. Preparing items for shipping takes a lot of my time, and I've been extremely busy with work lately.

Normally I wouldn't do something as dishonorable as this. I've received local offers on previous ebay auctions in the past; and I declined them because I thought of you, the bidder. This time, however; I was stressed and desperate for cash. Those feelings got the better of me, so I accepted that type of offer for the very first time.

Please understand that I do not regularly end my auctions suddenly like that. Once again, I apologize to all those who participated in the auction.

Tomorrow, I'll be placing a whole bunch of new auctions on ebay. They'll include RID/Car Robots Omega Prime combiner set, Takara Car Robots (show-accurate colors) Ruination combiner set, G1 Sixshot (100% Complete), etc.

Best regards.

onecoin
05-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks, but you do not owe any of us an explanation. You're choice to sell your item, was your own with your own justification and should be respected.

CyberMnky
05-15-2010, 09:07 PM
I do apologize for my comment - was I disappointed that I didn't get it, yes but that's not a reason to be rude. You have your right to do that.

Cheers Ian
05-15-2010, 09:08 PM
It's his auction and if he chooses to end it early it's his business.

He never took anyones money or "screwed" anyone out of this figure. Even if you were a bidder, there was no guarantee that you would win the auction.

There's no need for a flame war over what's right and what's wrong. It's perfectly acceptible in the eyes of eBay if the item is "No longer available for sale".

Cheers!
-Ian

TFtoys
05-16-2010, 03:35 AM
An auction is a gamble that you may not get the price you want, you have entered into an agreement that the highest bidder by the end of the auction gets the item. You cannot just end the auction if you do not think you are going to get the desired price. I have reported early ended auctions that I have bid on to ebay and only had to pay my final bid that I made plus shipping. If you don't want to sell the item for a low price, use the "buy it now" or "best offer".
people or sellers end their item early might not be a bad thing if the reason is the product no longer available. They might try to sell both locally and ebay with the same resources or same amount of the products.
The worst is that they make mistakes in the listing. It is better to end the item early instead to revise the list which the bidders are not be aware of.

I think the problem for the thread might be the conflict of the board members as a ebay sellers at the same time. Hence, people assume the sellers are posting messages for their own selling purpose to advertise their listings on Cybertron.ca. Just my one cent opinion.

hugh_da_man
05-16-2010, 04:16 AM
I know that what I did wasn't fair to the other bidders. I've been selling items on ebay for quite some time, so I'll be honest and say that I do not favor shipping items.

I realize that the auction had 4 bids before I ended it. I apologize to those who really wanted to win the items. That was the first time I've ever ended an auction early like that. When I received that offer from a buyer who lives locally in my area, I considered the options: Take the offer and avoid shipping and ebay seller fees, or decline (honorably) and allow the auction to continue.

I chose the first choice because it was really convenient for me. Preparing items for shipping takes a lot of my time, and I've been extremely busy with work lately.

Normally I wouldn't do something as dishonorable as this. I've received local offers on previous ebay auctions in the past; and I declined them because I thought of you, the bidder. This time, however; I was stressed and desperate for cash. Those feelings got the better of me, so I accepted that type of offer for the very first time.

Please understand that I do not regularly end my auctions suddenly like that. Once again, I apologize to all those who participated in the auction.

Tomorrow, I'll be placing a whole bunch of new auctions on ebay. They'll include RID/Car Robots Omega Prime combiner set, Takara Car Robots (show-accurate colors) Ruination combiner set, G1 Sixshot (100% Complete), etc.

Best regards.

If you don't want to ship stuff then why not list it in the BST first? Why list on ebay and then end auctions early when you could just list on the site for the price you want?

Matrix_Holder
05-16-2010, 04:35 AM
people or sellers end their item early might not be a bad thing if the reason is the product no longer available. They might try to sell both locally and ebay with the same resources or same amount of the products.
The worst is that they make mistakes in the listing. It is better to end the item early instead to revise the list which the bidders are not be aware of.

I think the problem for the thread might be the conflict of the board members as a ebay sellers at the same time. Hence, people assume the sellers are posting messages for their own selling purpose to advertise their listings on Cybertron.ca. Just my one cent opinion.

when the auction that I bid on was ended early I found out that the seller relisted the item that same day with a higher buy it now price,( I was so pissed off) I emailed ebay and they investigated it and they made him honor my last bid. If someone has a legitimate reason for ending an auction like the item is damaged/lost or for some reason the seller is unable to sell it at all that's ok, but not to end it and sell it to some one else for a higher price. That's my view on the matter based on some of my experiences on ebay, not this threads auction. I posted just to gives some advice to the seller/TC.

Vakamadisk
05-16-2010, 11:58 AM
when the auction that I bid on was ended early I found out that the seller relisted the item that same day with a higher buy it now price,( I was so pissed off) I emailed ebay and they investigated it and they made him honor my last bid. If someone has a legitimate reason for ending an auction like the item is damaged/lost or for some reason the seller is unable to sell it at all that's ok, but not to end it and sell it to some one else for a higher price. That's my view on the matter based on some of my experiences on ebay, not this threads auction. I posted just to gives some advice to the seller/TC.

Good on you for getting the item. Do you mind me asking what it was you won? Anyways, thanks for your advise. Don't worry, people, I wont be pulling stuff like this in future auctions.

If you don't want to ship stuff then why not list it in the BST first? Why list on ebay and then end auctions early when you could just list on the site for the price you want?

I list on ebay in order to gain international attention as well. Shipping can be a hassle for me (and many others, right?), but I've always got it done. Remember, at the time I was desperate for quick cash, and I was busy with work. As I've said above, my future auctions will not meet the same fate as this one.

Pascal
05-17-2010, 07:33 AM
when the auction that I bid on was ended early I found out that the seller relisted the item that same day with a higher buy it now price,( I was so pissed off) I emailed ebay and they investigated it and they made him honor my last bid.

Can you explain how it works? Because I don't see how Ebay could do that since there would be no proof that the auction has successfully ended, no "YOU WON" email, nothing to redirect you or the seller to a feedback to leave, etc. Validating an auction that didn't go the full duration doesn't make much sense. I can't see how Ebay could legally turn a regular auction into a BIN either without the seller's consentment.

Matrix_Holder
05-17-2010, 09:02 AM
The auction was for a complete pretender bumblebee.
It ended with less than 10 min left and the final bid was my bid of under 5 bucks. I contacted the seller and they gave me the BIN link, it was over $50 plus shipping. I asked him what the hell was going on, he said grow up.
Ebay said that they would look into it, a few days later I received a message from the seller stating that he would honor my final bid for the figure. Maybe he had felt bad for ending it early or maybe ebay had something to do with it , I was pissed off and felt "that's what you get to messin with me".
The important thing was that I got the figure. Ebay auctions are a gamble, sometimes the seller loses by not getting a price they wanted. Hell...that's happened to me a few times and it stings but that's the risk of using ebay.
I ended up trading the BB for a bunch of beast wars figures.

Pascal
05-17-2010, 09:18 AM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html#requirements

Ebay rules. He had to sell it to you since you were the highest bidder. Were you able to leave him feedback after?

Matrix_Holder
05-17-2010, 09:40 AM
That's good to know. That shoots the whole "the goodness of his heart/ it's the right thing to do" theory out the window, lol.

I didn't even bother with feedback, I knew he would give me a negative if I left a negative and I didn't want that since the account was still new and had few transactions on it, plus it was my sisters account.

Cliffjumper69
05-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks, but you do not owe any of us an explanation. You're choice to sell your item, was your own with your own justification and should be respected.

As usual I dont agree with you at all again lol :p That auction shouldnt have been closed due to the local sale, the seller should have bitten the bullet and told the local buyer to bid on it on ebay and meet the local buyer IF he won the auction. (The local buyer could have gotten lucky and got it for a lower price)

Its none of my business but its still unfair to put something up on ebay and cancel the auction because he found a local seller to BIN. The auction in question should have had a BIN if that was his intent. With ebay, you can get lucky and have people get into a bidding war and shoot said auction's final price to more then you expected. :rolleyes:

I cant say that was the intent of the auction, but if you really wanted to sell it, the B/S/T thread on cy.ca and or TFW would have worked out nicely without the mess that followed this auction. Once something is up on ebay it should stay up, no ifs ans or buts about it.

Im sorry for the rant, and Im not flaming anyone, but this type of thing really grinds my gears lol :p

CJ

onecoin
05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
As usual I dont agree with you at all again lol :p That auction shouldnt have been closed due to the local sale, the seller should have bitten the bullet and told the local buyer to bid on it on ebay and meet the local buyer IF he won the auction. (The local buyer could have gotten lucky and got it for a lower price)

Its none of my business but its still unfair to put something up on ebay and cancel the auction because he found a local seller to BIN. The auction in question should have had a BIN if that was his intent. With ebay, you can get lucky and have people get into a bidding war and shoot said auction's final price to more then you expected. :rolleyes:

I cant say that was the intent of the auction, but if you really wanted to sell it, the B/S/T thread on cy.ca and or TFW would have worked out nicely without the mess that followed this auction. Once something is up on ebay it should stay up, no ifs ans or buts about it.

Im sorry for the rant, and Im not flaming anyone, but this type of thing really grinds my gears lol :p

CJ

How's this. When you have a $400,000 house, that you need to sell and you're asking $370,000 and the only bids you get are less than $340,000. I hope Ebay forces you to sell it to the highest bidder.

Cliffjumper69
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
How's this. When you have a $400,000 house, that you need to sell and you're asking $370,000 and the only bids you get are less than $340,000. I hope Ebay forces you to sell it to the highest bidder.

Here we go again... :rolleyes: Your house theory is like comparing apples to bowling balls :confused:

CJ

onecoin
05-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Here we go again... :rolleyes: Your house theory is like comparing apples to bowling balls :confused:

CJ

That makes no sense. Both the toy and houses are put through regulated auction procedures. Both like almost everything, fluctuate based on opportunity, condition and availability. If you forgot that fact. I can understand. While I can see a bowling ball being auctioned off, I can only think of a few cases where an apple might be auctioned off. Maybe if Justin Timberlake bit it? So I cannot see where your argument holds any validity. If you insist on making logic from nothing I suggest reading a few LSAT manuals, there is a dedicated procedure to handling logic based arguments.

In the term of this toy or a house. your point of view is from a buyer. But in most cases, unless there is a "handshake" transaction or is bonded like a traditional auction house, the potential buyer has no rights until money(s) are exchanged, until that point the property belongs to the owner (the seller) and is subject to their discretion.

Oh and here is a link to some LSAT stuff if you are interested. http://www.testprepreview.com/lsat_practice.htm

CyberMnky
05-18-2010, 01:22 AM
The process of selling a house and something on ebay are NOT the same thing... Selling a house is not auctioning it off. You are exchanging offers with a buyer. If an agreement is reached then a sale made. If an agreement is not reached then no sale. You even make that point in your argument thats its a sale.

As for eBay - Lets flip this around - you have something on ebay and I'm the highest bidder. With 1 day left I find the same item being sold locally. Should I be allowed to cancel my bid then?

TheLogicalProwl
05-18-2010, 02:31 AM

Um, that's exactly how auctions work. If you put something on the auction block you are bound to sell it no matter what the price. Clearly you've never been to an auction.

onecoin
05-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Should I be allowed to cancel my bid then?

Ebay has an "End" button. So yes.

Malwave
05-18-2010, 08:43 AM

wait, it does?

:eek: I never knew that.

on a side note, while I do believe this wasn't cool, least everyone who is bidding is no longer bound to buying this item. I'm sure the highest bidder would still be angry if he/she was forced to pay for something they'll never end up owning. :p

CyberMnky
05-18-2010, 04:57 PM

I have never seen any "End button" on something where I was a bidder... They even have a warning that you are agreeing to buy the item if you are the highest bidder when you confirm a bid

Tekkamanraiden
05-18-2010, 05:35 PM
I have never seen any "End button" on something where I was a bidder... They even have a warning that you are agreeing to buy the item if you are the highest bidder when you confirm a bid

That's because it doesn't exist.

TheLogicalProwl
05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I remember buying an Octane figure that I ended up did not want to buy because the shipping was just ridiculous (1.8 times the cost of the figure) and I had to buy it because of the terms and conditions. I did it, and now have a lovely incomplete G1 Octane that cost me $50.

Anyways, yeah, according to ebay rules, if you bid on an item and win, you have to buy it.

And why are we still discussing this? The guy who did this has apologized.

onecoin
05-18-2010, 07:03 PM
My fault. There is an "end" button for sellers, and there is a "bid retraction" option for bidders.

And we are discussing it because, he did not have to apologize. We basically guilted him into having to explain his financial situation, which is his person business and we have no right to extract from him.

Tekkamanraiden
05-18-2010, 11:58 PM
We're still discussing this because you seem to have a petulance to voice you're opinion. Yes he didn't have to apologize but when you post on these boards and you do something "uncool" members are going to get a little upset. I found his apology was sincere and well meaning and enough to satisfy most of the unhappy board members. In turn I'm sure he gained some valuable knowledge that maybe next time he'll offer to sell locally first, and if that fails then go the ebay route.

Buying and selling on this board is a great opportunity to sell and buy from directly with other fans and I find it very rewarding.

I appreciate the fact that you are entitled to your opinion but please remember the rest of us are entitles to ours as well. Just because you feel passionately about something does not make your opinion right and ours wrong. Nobody needs you to champion for them, we're all fully capable of dealing with our own issues.

onecoin
05-19-2010, 12:25 AM
We're still discussing this because you seem to have a petulance to voice you're opinion. Yes he didn't have to apologize but when you post on these boards and you do something "uncool" members are going to get a little upset. I found his apology was sincere and well meaning and enough to satisfy most of the unhappy board members. In turn I'm sure he gained some valuable knowledge that maybe next time he'll offer to sell locally first, and if that fails then go the ebay route.

Buying and selling on this board is a great opportunity to sell and buy from directly with other fans and I find it very rewarding.

I appreciate the fact that you are entitled to your opinion but please remember the rest of us are entitles to ours as well. Just because you feel passionately about something does not make your opinion right and ours wrong. Nobody needs you to champion for them, we're all fully capable of dealing with our own issues.

At no point did I try and stop you. You take this disagreement stuff way to personally.

CyberMnky
05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
My fault. There is an "end" button for sellers, and there is a "bid retraction" option for bidders.

And we are discussing it because, he did not have to apologize. We basically guilted him into having to explain his financial situation, which is his person business and we have no right to extract from him.

Nope - there's no bid retraction feature that I can find anywhere? If it is there, would you mind letting me know where it is for the future as I have had situations where it would have come in handy.

Pascal
05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Nope - there's no bid retraction feature that I can find anywhere? If it is there, would you mind letting me know where it is for the future as I have had situations where it would have come in handy.

Bid history. It's there.