PDA

View Full Version : Super quick reviews: HFTD Scout Hubcap & Deluxe Ironhide

Pascal
05-05-2010, 10:31 PM
HUBCAP

-cool retro alt mode
-nice shade of red and silver paint apps (could easily have been left grey)
-very basic transformation (see Optibotimus' video on Youtube)
-good range of articulation (but no wrist articulation unlike Breakdown or Detour)
-feet are empty on the bottom and feel a bit cheap
-would have been cool if the arms panels could have folded in half like on Scattershot
-all in all, maybe not the best or most spectacular movie 2 scout out there but still pretty solid

IRONHIDE

-very, very, very nice truck mode with no obvious robot parts other than the huge feet sticking out from under the rear of the truck (not any worse than on Deluxe Ratchet though)... foldable toes and heels would have made the truck mode perfect
-tricky transformation, as complex if not more than on the voyager version
-no automorph, no mechalive
-some creative solutions on how to close the back (2 panels), hide the wheels (2 under the feet, 2 angled under the chest), hide the smokestacks, etc.
-a bit stubby for a deluxe (Bumblebee and Ratchet are much taller in comparison)
-elbows sit very high up on the arms
-knees also sit fairly high up on the legs
-some nice silver, bronze and blue-ish grey paint apps showing up in robot mode
-leg kibble (hip panels, upper lower leg panels, truck rear halves behind the lower legs... all can be positionned to your liking though
-nice little drone that turns into a cannon and that can also be stored inside the truck in alt mode thanks to that neat right cannon that split open to make room for it!
-clear blue windows (would have been easy to be lazy and just paint them over black plastic)
-movie accurate head (similar to the one found on the newer versions of Voyager Ironhide)
-good articulation overall, even has ankle swivels (no waist though)
-very nice toy overall, once you get a feel for the transformation, you'll love it (if you don't mind scale issues!)

A few pics to come.

Pascal
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Hubcap

Pascal
05-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Ironhide

Cliffjumper69
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Hubcap looks pretty good. Ironhide, I dunno......

CJ

GMfan
05-05-2010, 11:24 PM
hmhm....thats funny...Ironhide has his face molded without his battle mask but painted to look like he has it up.

Thanks again for sharing, how would you say his height is comparted to ROTF Deluxe Ratchet? (if you got one laying around)

Pascal
05-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Ironhide (part 2)

GMfan
05-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Hmmmm too bad, they should be about the same height, but with some creative placing he'll be a welcome edition to my eventual movie desk toys :P

I figure the deluxe Ironhide, Ratchet, and battle blades Optimus prime will look nice displayed together.

chans formers
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
cool review!!not too keen on ironhide yet but you've sold me on hubcap! i see alot of rotf "bigdaddy's" being made from him;):D