PDA

View Full Version : Quick review: HFTD Deluxe Battle Blade Bumblebee

Pascal
05-05-2010, 10:03 PM
CAR MODE

-same '09 Camaro as previous ROTF versions
-pretty much the same deco as Cannon Bumblebee, but tail lights are painted with a darker red, tail pipes aren't painted (silver on Cannon Bumblebee), no visible Autobot symbol anywhere to be seen, front bottom lights (4) aren't painted either (silver on Cannon Bumblebee) and black stripes have sharp outerlining corners (they were rounded on previous versions)... also, the stripes don't go over the yellow part under the rear window unlike previous versions and the yellow is less orangy than previous versions
-all windows are clear blue

TRANSFORMATION

-legs retain the automorph feature but rear window is now part of the roof assembly
-feet now have fold out heels like HA or Battle Ops Bumblebee
-lower torso piece folds down from under the front of the car like on HA Bumblebee
-front wheels swings out and sit in front of the door wings like on HA or Battle Ops Bumblebee
-outer halves of the front of the car are hinged and can extend forward and be angled
-the separate black grill halves can be also angled
-backpack compresses in a fashion similar to HA or Battle Ops Bumblebee but the tip of the hood piece kinda pegs in the rear spine
-hip guards are now hinged and can be positionned as you wish (on the sides, facing front or in between)

ROBOT MODE

-battle mask slides down like on HA Bumblebee
-to transform the right arm into cannon mode, you fold up the hand against the forearm, you split open the yellow arm cover, you swing the rear piece forward and align it with the forearm and you close the arm cover panels
-to deploy the battle blade on the left arm, you press on the bronze-ish piece of the arm cover, the blade will swing down and up forward then you just need to unfold the upper half of the blade... I can you can fold the hand against the forearm or not, not sure how it's done in the game (that's what that weapon is based on, right?)

PROS

-best transformation yet for a deluxe Bumblebee
-more
-great articulation, even has waist swivel
-great headsculpt
-probably the sleekest version of the battle mask yet
-2 real arms and 2 real fully integrated and unobtrusive weapons
-automorph feature in the legs (always liked that one)
-chest halves can be angled to your liking
-somewhat poseable hands (fingers + thumbs)
-some cool silver paint apps on the arms and crotch and yellow on the waist

CONS

-can't see the eyes behind the battle mask
-tip of cannon should have been grey to better flow with the forearm
-black hands and heel pieces?
-hood halves sit a bit far from the rest of the chest
-lower torso piece tends to unpeg when you try to rotate the torso
-no wrist rotation
-no matching bronze-ish paint app on the right arm cover

Is it the best Bumblebee out there? As far as Deluxe Bumblebees are concerned, yes. Some minor deco glitches, but playability factor is very high compared to the other versions with the 2 integrated weapons, the dual mode head and the 2 real arms/hands. Highly recommended!

Some pictures to come...

Pascal
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Pics...

Pascal
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
More...

GMfan
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Amazing! Thanks for sharing...I'll agree with you, this is definitely the best deluxe Bumblebee to date...so glad I didn't grab preview Bumblebee ASAP because this one looks amazing.

Cliffjumper69
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Wow! That head looks awesome! :eek: I really want this guy! :D

CJ

CyberMnky
05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Sold. Easy sell really... Thanks for the awesome review

down_shift
05-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Yup, I like this one. If they make a better deluxe Movie BB after this I'll plotz!

Thanks for the quick pics

ang3l3s
09-28-2010, 03:43 AM
I have to say this is the best bb for me, i like it better than ha but i haven't gotten the battle ops yet so for now he is my #1 bb.

Camaroman2
09-28-2010, 08:48 AM
The button on mine is grey, not bronze! Strange.