PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite size class?

Super_Megatron
06-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Looking at the Classics and Movie toys I think some of the best figures out lately are the deluxe class. I always love the size of the Supreme Class though.

GMfan
06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
I love the supreme class but not the supreme price. I always wait till they go on clearance or avoid them totally for sheer stupidity (cough Cybertron Starscream). Now why can't we have a price match for the american toys? Our dollar is practically the same now...right...off topic...deluxes rule!

agesthreeandup
06-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I have to go with leader class. I believe that the price point for complexity of the figure is just about bang on.

Then again, since Prime is always leader class, I am not too surprised. (Armada leader prime was a bit of a dissapontment)

Spencer.

BadJeff
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I vote Alternator Class:D Just the right size and perfect complexity for transforming/displaying.

GMfan
06-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Alternator class....I believe thats 1:12 scale.

BadJeff
06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Isn't it 1:24?

BadJeff
06-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I think the big happywell roadbots are 1:18, 1;12 would be huge. I'd like to see a 1:12 Alt Shockblast though

jourdo
06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I vote Alternator Class:D Just the right size and perfect complexity for transforming/displaying.

Seconded!

As for main lines though, I'd say lately we've gotten some really good deluxes (Cybertron/Classics). The Cybertron Scouts were a standout for the size of the bots. Also price points of these have been fairly reasonable. I've also like some of the recent Voyager sized bots as well.

Overall though, have to go with Deluxe based on size/price.

darthrage
06-08-2007, 06:30 PM
large size but for not large dollars is my favorite

BadJeff
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, if i had to pick a second it would be Supreme for sure. I like big bots. Energon Omega Sentinel/Supreme, E Unicron, C Primus, C Starscream all that kinda stuff. Weired part is that I don't get terribly exited by the old school big guys. Fort Max, Trypticon, Omega Supreme and Scorpinok were cool in the cartoons but the figures didn't tickle me for some reason.

-KG-
06-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Supreme and Leader class for sure! I've always loved the big bots, ever since I got that Omega Supreme at Christmas more than 20 years ago!!! Tripticon and Sky Lynx soon followed. There's nothing like opening the big packaging and taking out the big bot for the first time!

C_Shewins
06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Leader class > Supreme > deluxe > voyager > scouts

I hate mini-cons.

noodle
06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Deluxes. hands-down. Inexpensive, plently of characters, and a great size toy to fiddle around with.

PrimeConvoy
06-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Deluxe class for sure, best bang for you buck. you get a great figure with a solid transformation (for most of them) and a nice size alt mode too... As for the larger sizes, I like supreme but lately its been losing its wow factor to me due to the more larger size classes. I would like to see Ultra and the Leader class gone all together, cause when you actually get a supreme figure he's huge compared to the rest.

Robimus
06-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Deluxe is my favorite as well, but I do like the voyagers that are to scale more or less with the deluxes, like the Prime Classic being larger than Bumblebee, Starscream etc....

SPLIT LIP
06-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I can't say.

Especialy with the movie stuff. (which forces you to buy different figures from different classes)

I'd say voyager, but there are a couple I hate (Vgr Prime & Megs)

Then I'd say leader, since both Ops & Megs are perfect, but I absolutely despise Brawl.

Then Deluxes, but again, there are some lemons. (Brawl, Wreckage, Arcee, game characters)

I can't decide.

Shepp
06-11-2007, 09:37 PM
i'm going to have to go with the deluxe class. my main reason? the titaniums fit into this class scale.

this level has room for detail and articulation and a fair bit of complextiy while it doesnt have room for the "crap" features like electronic light and sound.

i hate those features in any of the larger scales. in many cases fitting those features can ruin a figure or parts of that figure. just look at energon shockblast's arm, it sorely needed an elbow right where the electronics were.

anyways, the deluxes have been consistently satisfying from line to line, while each line has done better or worse in the other size classes.

SPLIT LIP
06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't know, in Leader Megs the sounds are actually a plus! And in both Prime and Megs they have nothing to do with the transformation.

RedOktobre
06-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I love the supreme class but not the supreme price. I always wait till they go on clearance or avoid them totally for sheer stupidity (cough Cybertron Starscream). Now why can't we have a price match for the american toys? Our dollar is practically the same now...right...off topic...deluxes rule!

I totally agree with both points! The Leader Class is 4.6 times more expensive than the Deluxe Class! However, the Leader Class is NOT larger than the Deluxe Class by the same muliplier!

Deluxe class for sure, best bang for you buck. you get a great figure with a solid transformation (for most of them) and a nice size alt mode too... As for the larger sizes, I like supreme but lately its been losing its wow factor to me due to the more larger size classes. I would like to see Ultra and the Leader class gone all together, cause when you actually get a supreme figure he's huge compared to the rest.

Yes, totally... BEST BANG for the "loonie"!

RedOktobre's TF Class preference:

1. Deluxe
2. Scout/Titanium 3"
3. Voyager
4. Ultra (bought only 3 so far)
5. Titanum 6" (bought only 1 so far, Rodimus Prime)
6. Leader (never actually bought a Leader before; gf gave me one as a gift)
7. Legend (never actually bought a legend before)

Pascal
06-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Leader or bigger. I like my figures big, complex and gimmicky. :)

kidkid
06-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Starting to like Deluxe better now.....The Supremes and Leaders are taking too much room. >_<

Autobot Hound
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Ya i could have created a new Thread for this but i thought it would be neat to revive an old one.
My size class preference would have to be...... Leader or Voyager. Perfect size to handle and tinker around with.
But if i had the space and money i would have alot more of the bigger bots. ....Buster Prime needs some big bots to take down! :)

GMfan
12-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow....a necro'd post from 2007... well at least you did a search before making a new thread so you're in the green....I wouldn't have remembered an obscure thread from 2 years ago.

Jeez this was like 2 months after Cybertron.ca started, look at how young I was, all non-moding and care free....

Autobot Hound
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow....a necro'd post from 2007... well at least you did a search before making a new thread so you're in the green....I wouldn't have remembered an obscure thread from 2 years ago.

Jeez this was like 2 months after Cybertron.ca started, look at how young I was, all non-moding and care free....

hehehehe ya i would have digitally slapped myself if i didn't do a search first.

Whoa i didn't realize it was only 2 months after the birth of Cybertron.ca. Coooool!

"young, non-moding and care free" lololololzzzzzzzz!!!

Stapler
12-08-2009, 07:22 PM
I've got to give a shout out to the legends class. The simpler the figure, the more it captures my imagination. I just find these things very nostalgic in a way.
What I would really love to see in Hasbro use the Supreme class to make a new baseformer. This would give more people an incentive to get the legends figures since they would be in the closest scale to go with it.:)

Pascal
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I totally agree. My Legends need a new home, Brave Max is getting overpopulated.

Tekkamanraiden
12-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Deluxe class though the WST Slag I bought from a fellow board member is really kewl.

Prowl_2009
12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Deluxe Class....not too big, not too small, nicely priced, well designed and detailed and the Transformation is fun.

Echotransformer
12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I've got to give a shout out to the legends class. The simpler the figure, the more it captures my imagination. I just find these things very nostalgic in a way.
What I would really love to see in Hasbro use the Supreme class to make a new baseformer. This would give more people an incentive to get the legends figures since they would be in the closest scale to go with it.:)

This...

Ever since it was introduce in the Cybertron line, I've been really enjoying legends. Easy to carry around, can get a bunch of them out, line them up...

But indeed, when it comes to value, Deluxe can't be beat.

Nocturn
12-08-2009, 11:24 PM
This thread predates my membership :(

BeeBoy29
12-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Its deluxe class for me, affordable but still lots of fun.
scouts would be a close second and voyagers would be third.

Batman
12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I love the leader class. When done right, the figures are amazing (ROTF Prime, Animated Bulkhead, Animated Ultra Magnus, Cybertron Prime etc.). I love the size, more complex transformations, lights and sounds. The animated leaders got the lights and sounds down perfectly, while they took a step back for ROTF.

Ultra Maverick
12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I have to say that Voyager class is my favorite, right in the middle in terms of price and details, so you are never really disappointing with either

pulsedragon20
12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
For ROTF: deluxe
For Classics/Universe: Deluxe
Animated: deluxe (and leader UM!)

In general: Fort Max sized!!!

Team Jetfire
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
How did I not post on this back in 07? Wierd.

Anyway, Deluxe is my Fav. Big enough to be acurate but not too big fro those pesky electronics that I hate so much.

aximili
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm going to have to go ahead and say Voyager is my favourite. For me, they are the perfect size and have good complexity without being too difficult.

Gotta give props to the deluxes too though! They are the bread and butter of each line so they gotta be good.

I like the bigger Leader and Supreme classes, but after a while it becomes hard to find places to put those massive things. And on the other end, anything smaller than a deluxe I find to just be too small for me.

Lysist
12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
My favorite size class is more of a scale. 1:24th to be specific, Alternaters goodness. I guess this falls in the "voyager range" but as far as I can tell, Supreme Starscream, the Human Alliance (1:25th, I think), and Scout Motorbikes are are all really close to that. As well as MP Prime :)
This is the scale that got me back in to collecting and it is the one that keeps me around.