PDA

View Full Version : TakaraTomy Launches New Transformers 2010 Website - MP-4S Convoy Complete Sleep Mode

Super_Megatron
04-23-2010, 10:40 AM
TakaraTomy Launches New Transformers 2010 Website - MP-4S Convoy Complete Sleep Mode Revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/takaratomy-launches-new-transformers-2010-website---mp-4s-convoy-complete-sleep-mode-revealed-169552/)

Category: Generation 1

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Cheers Ian
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Wow.

A Dead optimus prime....

Never would have seen that one coming.

Cheers!
-Ian

brr-icy
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
lol, he's not dead, he's just resting,

Pascal
04-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Reminds me of that guy on Ebay. He's been trying to sell his custom Dead Prime forever.

Dark Rage
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd buy that.

GMfan
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
*yawn....call me when Perfect mode MP-02 is out ;)

Dark Rage
04-23-2010, 11:19 AM
*yawn....call me when Perfect mode MP-02 is out ;)

That's the only MP missing if you want to re-create OPtimus's death scene in the movie.

MP Dead Convoy
Alt Rodimus
MP "Naked" Magnus

GMfan
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Unless you want everyone in the room....then you'll need Perceptor, Arcee, Blurr, and Kup...yet oddly no Springer.... heartless bitch...

Lysist
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh, not again! I have 4 of this mold already, red, pink(20th DVD), white, and black....so Takara expects me to drop 300 bucks on a black repaint (which I have) with trailer (which I have) just because I love the mold. Sorry, no dice. They could not be bothered to make Black Convoy a Con but they are going to put two black convoys out within a year? WTF!!

Sure it is "historic" but where is the value? It is not like they have an MP Arcee, or a Magnus with armour. I guess you could have KP or Alt Rodimus with him but why? It is not a proper recreation of that scean anyway! What is the point?

If they wanted to to an overpriced MP mold they could have done Magnus Armour, Clear Prime, (though Dicast would be hard) or Battle Damaged Megatron (with Cosmic Rust Proof Feet) HECK, How about something new!!!!

This is just designed to suck money out of the wallets of completeists. I passed on the bling Grimlock because it was an over-priced repaint. I think I will pass on this because...IT IS AN OVER PRICED REPAINT!! the original MP-04 sold for 18,900 Yen, This one will sell for 21,000 yen. That could be inflation but considering that MP-04 was just re-released (for a third time) I don't think this is the case.

all of the above is IMO :) Please don't hate me

GMfan
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh, not again! I have 4 of this mold already, red, pink(20th DVD), white, and black....so Takara expects me to drop 300 bucks on a black repaint (which I have) with trailer (which I have) just because I love the mold. Sorry, no dice. They could not be bothered to make Black Convoy a Con but they are going to put two black convoys out within a year? WTF!!

Sure it is "historic" but where is the value? It is not like they have an MP Arcee, or a Magnus with armour. I guess you could have KP or Alt Rodimus with him but why? It is not a proper recreation of that scean anyway! What is the point?

If they wanted to to an overpriced MP mold they could have done Magnus Armour, Clear Prime, (though Dicast would be hard) or Battle Damaged Megatron (with Cosmic Rust Proof Feet) HECK, How about something new!!!!

This is just designed to suck money out of the wallets of completeists. I passed on the bling Grimlock because it was an over-priced repaint. I think I will pass on this because...IT IS AN OVER PRICED REPAINT!! the original MP-04 sold for 18,900 Yen, This one will sell for 21,000 yen. That could be inflation but considering that MP-04 was just re-released (for a third time) I don't think this is the case.

Sounds like a legit "what the hell were they thinking?!" :P

pulsedragon20
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Don't think the paint job is actually black (the he would be Nemesis Prime)...it's more of a dark gray so he's dead/"missing the Matrix" Prime instead :D

FreedomGundam
04-23-2010, 11:57 AM
So a dead Prime still needs a trailer, blaster, Energon axe and weirdly-colored Megatron gun?

Knowing me, I'll probably have to grab this at one point in time or other. [points to link in signature]

GMfan
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
There there Newt...there there

Mumps
04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
So, this release comes with the trailer eh? Thats kinda useless, this prime is dead, he ain't gonna use the trailer!

Anybody wanna buy a trailer when I get this? haha

Sureshot22
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
i like it cause i love the mold and the colour is pretty cool. but im guessing 21000 yen is like what? $200-$300? i dont like it that much i dont think.

GMfan
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
More or less just drop the last 2 zero's :P

Should be about $210 US

nuropa
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
according to the site, it's limited production run of 2010 only. you know you want it because it's rare :)

Richter
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I want it :(
I've been a MP completist so far, might as well keep going

Lysist
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
according to the site, it's limited production run of 2010 only. you know you want it because it's rare :)

wowzer, a 2006 re-mold is limited to 2010....HA HA HA. I hope that someone else finds this ironic.

I did a little trend research in to the MP line and found that takara have averaged two per year (except 05/08 which had 0 new molds/repaints but re-releases) This does not include the US releases but those are never part of the same line so they tend to be tricky to track.

well we are 4 months in to 2010 and we have already had 3! AND THERE ARE THREE MORE SPACES ON THAT 2010 PAGE:eek:
*my wallet is really scared. I have a feeling that this could be a really expensive year for TF collectors but we knew it would be.

TAKARA/Tomy, Transform and cash in!

Bring on the MP Rodimus Convoy goodness and I will leave WTF mode and go back to Fan-boy Squeee mode.

Malwave
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I really hope this isn't the MP figure for this part of the year.

XD I really do.

Protoman
04-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Hmmm Rodimus was on his com link when he died..... the plot thickens!

QuadESL63
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
What's next? "I still function" MP Megatron? :D

May be I will order the "sleepy" MP Prime to get the trailer for my "living" MP Prime :p

Richter
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Man looking at this again, he isn't black but kind of sepia. I want him even more now :(

Sideswipe
04-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Easy pass.

Still waiting on Bruticus armour.

Yeah.

MrCHEESEMANn
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
The best part of the link is the comment claiming a hill of sand was the new mp Starscream LOL

jjwankenobi
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Zombie Prime wantz bbRRRaaaaiiiinnnZZZ!!!