PDA

View Full Version : No Current Plans for Animated Season 3 on DVD

Super_Megatron
04-02-2010, 08:00 PM
No Current Plans for Animated Season 3 on DVD (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/no-current-plans-for-animated-season-3-on-dvd-169444/)

Category: Animated

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Decepticon Army
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Damn ...
Ah well. There's always YouTube.

Matrix_Holder
04-02-2010, 08:04 PM
or bit torrents.

Sureshot22
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
SUCH BS!......

Stapler
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
It's sad to hear that there are no plans for season 3 yet. I don't have any Animated dvds yet, so I guess I may just wait and cross my fingers for a box set or for Shout! to somehow get the distribution rights.

Robimus
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
What can be the thought process behind this decision?

Matrix_Holder
04-02-2010, 08:50 PM
hasbro thought process????

Pascal
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Dammit...

jourdo
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, off to bit torrent until this changes.

racerguy76
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
The only good thing I see from this is maybe they are not done with the series. *crosses fingers*

Richter
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
...aka permission from Hasbro to pirate!

brr-icy
04-02-2010, 10:36 PM
good thing i already have all the torrents in waiting for the dvd

Tekkamanraiden
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
What can be the thought process behind this decision?

The same for ending the series, absolutely none.

JaySmith
04-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Bullocks! I sincerely don't know what the.... they're thinking.

GMfan
04-03-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason it can't happen now was because CN and Hasbro had a deal. Once animated ended, that deal ended. I'm sure their legal teams are working on something so both companies profit but as of right now neither one has the rights release it...but I'm sure it'll come out somewhere down the line, they aren't allergic to money folks.

justprime
04-03-2010, 07:44 AM
This answers the question on who controls the release of the dvd,... guess it wasn't Cartoon network stalling.... with sooo many wanting to complete there DVD's whats the reason? With the love for animated still burning wouldn't the release have been profitable?

UltraMagnus69
04-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Argh didn't want to have to go this route but I'm off to pacific mall today to get the "boxed set". Knowing my luck it'll be 3 seasons of pokemon once I pop it into the player

Team Jetfire
04-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason it can't happen now was because CN and Hasbro had a deal. Once animated ended, that deal ended. I'm sure their legal teams are working on something so both companies profit but as of right now neither one has the rights release it...but I'm sure it'll come out somewhere down the line, they aren't allergic to money folks.

Pfft, Logic and reason have no place on these boards. Wild and irrational posts like 'Hasblow Sux' are more the status quo, so please edit your post accordingly.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Ah,the only Season I want,and it won't go to DVD.

dak
04-03-2010, 12:54 PM
DAMMIT!!!!

jourdo
04-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Pfft, Logic and reason have no place on these boards. Wild and irrational posts like 'Hasblow Sux' are more the status quo, so please edit your post accordingly.

You tell him TJ!

And Hasblow Sux! Michael Bay too!

GMfan
04-03-2010, 01:33 PM

...fine....curse you Hasblo and such.....

:rolleyes:

Mighty_Galvatron
04-03-2010, 03:27 PM
...aka permission from Hasbro to pirate!

Exactly.

That's all fine and dandy, but as a people who are forced to go on wanting and will eventually end up giving money to whoever releases it - I don't think we care about CN and Hasbro's legal problems. We want it now, not our problem that they have legal issues. Like Richter said, thank you very much you morons, people will be pirating this show hardcore and its Hasbros/CN/some overpaid looser's fault.

Team Jetfire
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but as a people who are forced to go on wanting and will eventually end up giving money to whoever releases it - I don't think we care about CN and Hasbro's legal problems. We want it now, not our problem that they have legal issues. Like Richter said, thank you very much you morons, people will be pirating this show hardcore and its Hasbros/CN/some overpaid looser's fault.

See, Mighty Galvatron knows how to post corectly... ;)

And Hasblow Sux! Michael Bay too!

Oh I forgot about Bay, it is totally his fault too.

GMfan
04-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Crazy thought, maybe the original agreement was to release just the first 2 seasons of animated on DVD but since they didn't know a third season was coming it wasn't in the agreement to release them on DVD.... I dunno I'm no lawyer but seems like something that overlooked may also have assisted in the immediate release of these DVDs....

back on topic waaaaah I want my DVDs NOOOOOOW .... and such

Mighty_Galvatron
04-03-2010, 05:00 PM
See, Mighty Galvatron knows how to post corectly... ;)

Oh I forgot about Bay, it is totally his fault too.

Crazy thought, maybe the original agreement was to release just the first 2 seasons of animated on DVD but since they didn't know a third season was coming it wasn't in the agreement to release them on DVD.... I dunno I'm no lawyer but seems like something that overlooked may also have assisted in the immediate release of these DVDs....

back on topic waaaaah I want my DVDs NOOOOOOW .... and such

YAR!! Har Yar!!