PDA

View Full Version : Power Core Combiners Skyburst with Aerialbots Video Review

Super_Megatron
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Power Core Combiners Skyburst with Aerialbots Video Review (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/power-core-combiners-skyburst-with-aerialbots-video-review-169418/)

Category: Transformers Movie Toys & Products

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Pascal
03-29-2010, 04:29 PM
I would have liked to see better how the limbs unfold. Hard to tell what's going on other than plugging them in appears to be a struggle.

Shockwave 75
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
These still get a "Meh" from me.

The idea is neat and they do look ok, but they're just not what I would want in a "combiner".

When I think of combiners I think of the gestalts. These are really no different than Energon Prime. They're not really combining, they're just attaching 4 smaller drones to use as armour.
It basically what we got in the Energon cartoon with the 3 Maximus combiners. Just one guy who attaches 4 smaller drones to himself for more power. I don't even remember the smaller ones even TF-ing into their robot modes in Energon. All they've added is the auto-transform gimmick.

Ultra Maverick
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't mind the drone, just as long as the price matches their size/function.

I'll probably pick up this set as well.

Tekkamanraiden
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I was thinking these might be easier for kids to play with, then I saw how hard attaching the limbs are.

Matrix_Holder
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I prefer searchlight with the aerialbots than skyburst. so far the combaticon set loos better to me. It's weird that all but 1 of the new autobots are flyers and most of the decepticons are ground vehicles, I wonder why they did that this time around.

Pascal
03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I was thinking these might be easier for kids to play with, then I saw how hard attaching the limbs are.

You have to keep in mind Peaugh isn't exactly the most agile reviewer out there, he's often struggling to transform his toys in front of the camera without parts popping off and flying all over the room. :p

Mumps
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
haha, yeah he's very good at sending random TF limbs across the room :p

IMO, this entire line is pure fail... Maybe it was just the fact that when we first heard we were getting new combiners I was jumping for joy! Then I saw these and... ugh... any excitement I had was ruined.

I will give it to them for trying something new. But they won't be seeing my money this time around (like they'll notice :p)

Nocturn
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
They won't notice as they'll be seeing ALL of mine...

Tekkamanraiden
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
You have to keep in mind Peaugh isn't exactly the most agile reviewer out there, he's often struggling to transform his toys in front of the camera without parts popping off and flying all over the room. :p

True I have noticed that, however I've yet to meet a 5 year old that hasn't thrown a toy in frustration. Hell I've been tempted from time to time.

Dragon Knight
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
The Aerial team is kinda "Meh" to me...I still like Bombshock the best. Either way, I'll most likely end up picking two of them up...as I'm a sucker for combiners.

Autobot_Lancer
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Well so far all these powercore combiners are a PASS for me. I'm so far not impressed with what I've seen for the Generations/what ever this new line is called. Looks like I'll be getting more of the FP stuff and MP Grimlock sooner then I thought.

I just hope some of the other figures coming out this year aren't as disapointing.

Cheers Ian
03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
That's Awful looking.

Searchlight looks better than Skyburst though.

Skyburst looks like the Blue Falcon (From Dyno-Mutt) in Combined mode.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2200/adobebluefalconbyshadow.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/i/adobebluefalconbyshadow.jpg/)

Cheers!
-Ian

jackalprime
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM
wow. i was on the fence with the PCC with the combaticons, but now that ive seen these. wow. it looks really bad. definate pass

Team Jetfire
03-30-2010, 12:38 PM
There has been the typical range of emotion that I have gone through with these toys:

Phase 1- YAY new toys, and combiners to boot! YAY!
Phase 2- Wait, wut? The limbs are minions? Hmmm....not sure.
Phase 3- The 'main' guys are scout class size!?! UGh.
Phase 4- The other Scout class guys can Combine with the limbs...COOL!
Phase 5- GIMME- GIMME!

We are far too worried about it being a energon re-hash though. Yes Energon Prime did have combining limbs that didn't transform,
but the limbs LOOKED like crap, and Optimus looked like crap. These limbs look playable and the Main figure looks decent, plus, the play value is
ten-fold because of the Mix and Match aspect of it.

I think the people who pass on this will be doing themselves a big disservice as I believe these toys could really have a lot of fun potential in the
future.

Nocturn
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Brothers in arms, TJ?

Team Jetfire
03-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah really.

You would almost think that we were paid by Hasbro to support their new line and advertise on the message boards.

(If there were ever a Hasbro Rep reading this, now would be the time to send us a PM and arange a little something)

Mighty_Galvatron
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
LOL. That combined Power Core fool!! He looks like a messed up fool!

Pass.

Stapler
03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I think people are focusing too much on the shortcomings of what this first wave of PCC combiner teams has to offer. The scout figures look like excellent stand alone figures (I want all of them for my Classics collection).
I'm sure we'll see Hasbro make just the right repaints with these figures to make us drool. Menasaur and Defensor would be way too easy to do here that it's only a matter of time. ;)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
03-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm impressed by how different the regular robot modes are from the torso modes. I was expecting them to just have a new head flip up and do some minor alterations to the arms and legs, but these guys look like proper triple-changers.