PDA

View Full Version : TF Con carpooling?

Dragon Knight
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Say, an idea just hit me. Since most of use live in the general area, would anyone be interested in setting up a car pooling thing?

Phalanx
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
For those not-so-close carpooling options - I'm looking at travel options from Nova Scotia if anyone is passing through on their way to TFcon. Nothing set in stone yet, may fly if there's a seat sale, but... options are welcome.

Maybe this thread should be stickied?

Ultra Maverick
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, I am driving from Ottawa, leaving Friday morning, July 16th.
I'd be happy to give someone a ride to the convention, but I may be staying a few extra days in the city afterwards, so anyone interested may need to take the train back or grab another ride.

Anyone interested can PM me.

Malwave
04-19-2010, 04:04 PM
well, it might help if we got a ride from Union directly there xD no nasty subway lines

Dragon Knight
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Of course, it's only fair if whomever is driving pays the gas fair and splits it up between how ever many's there.

CyberMnky
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I would be willing to drive with anyone from Calgary and area... I have a car but it gets cramped on long drives...

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
well, it might help if we got a ride from Union directly there xD no nasty subway lines

Does GO only take you to Union from Keswick?You sure there aren't any other routes?

Foxw
04-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry Nem, GO ONLY goes to union period, no actual other stops once it hit's the GTA. Go operates as primarily a commuter service, to get ppl in and out of toronto, not around inside it. You basically have to either use TTC or taxi.

If i could go (major if there) I'd gladly split a taxi with you n mal from union to the con.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry Nem, GO ONLY goes to union period, no actual other stops once it hit's the GTA. Go operates as primarily a commuter service, to get ppl in and out of toronto, not around inside it. You basically have to either use TTC or taxi.

If i could go (major if there) I'd gladly split a taxi with you n mal from union to the con.

That's only on the train though.I'm sure you got various bus routes.

Bruticus82
04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Does GO only take you to Union from Keswick?You sure there aren't any other routes?

There are other ways to get there...GO to Newmarket, VIVA to Finch Station, TTC bus to Martin Grove, TTC bus to Dixon...

There are probably others too.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
There are other ways to get there...GO to Newmarket, VIVA to Finch Station, TTC bus to Martin Grove, TTC bus to Dixon...

There are probably others too.

Exactly.You guys shouldn't have one route only to end up in Union.

Malwave
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
lol I was gonna take the train from Barrie myself, but thankfully this is Union station; any major transit system makes a stop there, so if I can't take one route I got like...25 other ways |D

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Alright then.Still,doesn't it seem like a big waste of time travelling to Union then all the way up to DoubleTree?

FreedomGundam
04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Great idea for carpooling!

I had started up a rider offer for TFCon last year when I was driving down to Toronto (from Montreal) by myself, but due to the fact that my trips were done at an odd time, and that I couldn't offer to split accomodations, no one took me up on the offer.

Sadly, this year, I'll be driving down to Toronto with a full car, so I unfortunately can't offer a ride anymore.

Malwave
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
-_-; I wish I had a car lol

Ultra Maverick
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
My first year at TFcon I took the train to union from Ottawa,
from there I took the go train to Etobicoke station, hiked a bit down to Dixon and took a city bus strait down to the hotel,
Hope that helps

Malwave
04-21-2010, 08:26 AM
My first year at TFcon I took the train to union from Ottawa,
from there I took the go train to Etobicoke station, hiked a bit down to Dixon and took a city bus strait down to the hotel,
Hope that helps

...maybe there should be folks waiting at Kipling Station to take people to the hotel? ^^;

Dragon Knight
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Well, a good middle ground for everyone to meet I think would be Square One.

GMfan
04-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Not if they're coming from the East end

Malwave
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, a good middle ground for everyone to meet I think would be Square One.

*cough*Un...*cough*...ion...*cough*...station*coug h*

*whistles innocently

pulsedragon20
04-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Not if they're coming from the East end

...that's right...I'm going to be coming from Scarborough, anyone want to give me a ride :D

JLvatron
04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
For those not-so-close carpooling options - I'm looking at travel options from Nova Scotia if anyone is passing through on their way to TFcon. Nothing set in stone yet, may fly if there's a seat sale, but... options are welcome.

Maybe this thread should be stickied?

Hey Phalanx, the starter of the following thread is driving from Newfoundland. Maybe you can contact him:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=22510

Phalanx
04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
My plans have changed somewhat now. I'm actually going to Ottawa for a concert first, and then swinging down to TFcon, then heading home from Toronto.

Thanks for the heads up, though. :)

Malwave
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
My plans have changed somewhat now. I'm actually going to Ottawa for a concert first, and then swinging down to TFcon, then heading home from Toronto.

Thanks for the heads up, though. :)

yer snubbing us for a concert? Da hell man; I thought we had something special! D:

Phalanx
04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
D'awww. You know I'd never do that. TFcon is still in the mix, I'm just going to see Iron Maiden first. :D

Ultra Maverick
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
^haha,
Ottawa Bluefest right?

I might see you there!

Stormrave
05-01-2010, 01:19 AM
^haha,
Ottawa Bluefest right?

I might see you there!

Iron Maiden, HELL YES.