PDA

View Full Version : TFCon newbie questions

venksta
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey guys. I'm planning to make the decision tonight with a friend, if we're going to TFCon this year. It'll be our first TFCon. For myself, I haven't been to a big convention like this before. Anyways, we're planning to book the plane tickets tonight. Any advice what else we should do now to get for ready the trip? I just don't want to screw something up, and arrive at Toronto with problems, haha.

Aernaroth
03-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Bring cash. Its better to bring cash than to rely on the atm in the hotel, which will have lineups and run out, and cash makes transactions with dealers easier for the most part.

Other than that, get involved, go to panels, read the schedule beforehand, and if you've got a room, remember you can store things in that room rather than carrying them around.

Any more specific questions?

Malwave
03-24-2010, 08:13 AM
lol only questions I got are how much for the VIP passes (early entry and zee exclusive), and when is the deadline to preorder XDD

UltraMarknus
03-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Bring more money than you expect to spend. It is the worst feeling to stumble onto a figure you really want after you spent all your money LOL.

Ultra Maverick
03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
I always prepare a list before I go to the convention of what I hope to find and the price I'de be willing to pay.

Of course I say that and every year that list goes out the window 2 hours in and I find something I completely forgot about.

Nightscrabbler
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
If you're a buyer, considering bringing a few bags, as many dealers won't have bags to supply.

cannabisprime
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
If you're a buyer, considering bringing a few bags, as many dealers won't have bags to supply.

Better yet, bring a box.. or a wheeled luggage tote.

But yeah, aside from the merchandise, panel participation is recommended.

Malwave
03-24-2010, 03:10 PM
dude, I got a good recommendation...FIND ME AND FOXW XDDDDD

then you won't miss a thing x3

Uberman
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Are you gonna bring any Blaster guitars?

'Cause if you are, man, that's be the shiz. I'll hook you up with a brisket sandwich that will melt your face.

Good thing about the convention being way the heck out in Etobicoke is that it is pretty close to the airport, so you won't have to worry about riding the subway with the angry locals.

Malwave
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM

'Cause if you are, man, that's be the shiz. I'll hook you up with a brisket sandwich that will melt your face.

Good thing about the convention being way the heck out in Etobicoke is that it is pretty close to the airport, so you won't have to worry about riding the subway with the angry locals.

XDD aww sob...I hafta do that.

But ven, if you do show up, bring some Renderform merch. I'm PRETTY sure you'll get a few buyers; and it'll give ya extra coinage to buy merch in return x3

GMfan
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Or get a dealer table :O

plowking
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Last years was my first....I had a blast. Plan on making this one this year too.

As others have said, bring loot.....and then maybe some more loot. Bring something that you can safely store/transport your bought items in...you know, for the trip back home.

Other than that, bring a camera to take pics, and just start mingling with others, and you'll be fine.

Malwave
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM

XD I'd hate having a dealer table. I wouldn't be able to get up and buy Tfs if I was on my own XDDD

venksta
03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice!

dude, I got a good recommendation...FIND ME AND FOXW XDDDDD

then you won't miss a thing x3

Haha, yeah, I'll be looking for you guys. :)

But ven, if you do show up, bring some Renderform merch. I'm PRETTY sure you'll get a few buyers; and it'll give ya extra coinage to buy merch in return x3

I've had a bunch of people ask me to bring some stuff. So I'll probably bring a handful of whatever projects are in production up till TFCon. And yeah, it will help with the extra funds to buy stuff at the dealer, hehe. But knowing I'll be coming to TFCon, I'll have to bring something special. ;)

Malwave
03-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Haha, yeah, I'll be looking for you guys. :)

\O/ I FEEL SPECIAL XDDD

I've had a bunch of people ask me to bring some stuff. So I'll probably bring a handful of whatever projects are in production up till TFCon. And yeah, it will help with the extra funds to buy stuff at the dealer, hehe. But knowing I'll be coming to TFCon, I'll have to bring something special. ;)

lol put the stuff I ordered in a baggy before ya leave lol XDDD

Richter
03-24-2010, 06:11 PM

I'd do this

Get your name out there!

Sureshot22
03-24-2010, 06:21 PM
ya definately bring bags, extra money. and like someone said in another thread. any money you NEED for travel or food etc. keep it separate from your "loot" money or you will be SOL and regret it when your hungry or begging for money to get home =P and to B.C. thats alot of begging. lol

also the cash machine wont run out of money.
trust me...... i went back WAAAY to many times last year =P

and to any of the powers that be.

when are we going to find out what the exclusive is this year and prices etc etc. give us some details already.

GMfan
03-24-2010, 06:27 PM

when are we going to find out what the exclusive is this year and prices etc etc. give us some details already.

Some time before the event :P

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-24-2010, 06:29 PM
ya definately bring bags, extra money. and like someone said in another thread. any money you NEED for travel or food etc. keep it separate from your "loot" money or you will be SOL and regret it when your hungry or begging for money to get home =P and to B.C. thats alot of begging. lol

also the cash machine wont run out of money.
trust me...... i went back WAAAY to many times last year =P

Bring bags,money...bring bags of money:D

Okay,on topic:

Bring a spare suitcase in the case of getting a large haul,cause it would be overwhelming carrying bags back to the airport.

If you're going to the panels,or even seen the sights,remember two things for your camera:8 gig memory card and spare batteries...bring 4 in case.

If your going in cash,bring a credit/debit card in case of emergencies.You never know,right.

Malwave
03-24-2010, 06:46 PM

DAMN YOUR VAGUENESS XDDD

Sureshot22
03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
dont make me come out there and beat you chris :p

damn that wont work.... with how kinky you are... would prob love it and just try and steal my underwear =P lol

and it is some time before the con now.. so spill.

GMfan
03-24-2010, 07:16 PM
dont make me come out there and beat you chris :p

damn that wont work.... with how kinky you are... would prob love it and just try and steal my underwear =P lol

and it is some time before the con now.. so spill.

He's got me there....well....alright.....highlight the following to see who some of our guests will be

Super_Megatron
dak
Protoman
soundwaveCA
GMfan101

JLvatron
03-24-2010, 07:26 PM

TeeHee-ous! :D

(but yes, you got the right answer)

Nightscrabbler
03-24-2010, 08:08 PM

BEFORE....

:eek: Of course! Everything makes so much sense now!

justprime
03-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Book your hotel room (TF con special rates ) before the block gets sold out..

Sureshot22
03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
bah crappy guests.. im going to botcon.... :P

i hear that gmfan guy is a douche =P lol
oh wait no that was what everyone called dak at the custom class =P but all in fun dak all in fun we loves ya dont worry ;)

Protoman
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
bah crappy guests.. im going to botcon.... :P

!!!SPOILER!!!

All those guests will be at Botcon too. So you can't escape it.

Shepp
03-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay, I posted this in the one other thread, but its important enough to post again here for any newbies.

Here is something VERY IMPORTANT to first timers at any convention.

Make sure to keep your food and necessity money separate from your purchasing money.

You do not want to end up going hungry during lunch, dinner, and after convention events.

You also don't want to end up in a situation where you can't pay for parking, can't pay your share of the room, or can't afford bus fare back home.

Set aside that money in a different location and DO NOT SPEND IT except for what it is intended for. Actually, add an extra $10 to this stack of money just in case.

The above is possibly the most important thing to remember at any convention. Especially at a convention as awesome as TFCon.

And bring a digital camera and take a photo of each transaction as proof of purchase. This will help to make sure that you have proof you bought something at "that table" instead of just walking off with it from "this table".

I don't think that situation has happened often, but a photo is better to make things much easier for everyone involved.

markerguru
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
He's got me there....well....alright.....highlight the following to see who some of our guests will be

Super_Megatron
dak
Protoman
soundwaveCA
GMfan101

i thought dak was dead? he's just duncan now. wait, not even duncan, he's just dunc.

Nightscrabbler
03-25-2010, 01:12 AM
dunc is dead. dak is bak.

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Super_Megatron
dak
Protoman
soundwaveCA
GMfan101

1)Hmmm,haven't met him yet
2)I see FanBoys all over him
3)I see FanGirls all over him
4)Meh :p
5)So,how much do I have to pay to spend 10 minutes with him? :D

!!!SPOILER!!!

All those guests will be at Botcon too. So you can't escape it.

And Anime North,and FanExpo....etc,etc.

Why can't you guys leave me alone!

Sureshot22
03-25-2010, 01:18 PM
BAH! i couldnt afford to goto botcon anyhow.. i was bluffing..

and besides the set looks like ass this year IMO.. and not a nice ass at that. lol

jourdo
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Bring a spare suitcase in the case of getting a large haul,cause it would be overwhelming carrying bags back to the airport.

Spare suitcase is a must for the out of towners. I barely had enough room to bring things back and really didn't buy THAT much. I'd also recommend a tube of some sort for the prints (if you buy them). Mine from last year looks a little smushed as it had to travel in the suitcase.

Super_Megatron
dak
Protoman
soundwaveCA
GMfan101

Sweet GMFan101 will be there this year! I hope he doesn't run out of 8x10 photos to autograph this year!

Malwave
03-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Super_Megatron
dak
Protoman
soundwaveCA
GMfan101

OMG NO WAI! :D I LOVE THESE GUYS. XD I hope I get their autographs!

Sureshot22
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Lol hey mal come here a sec. You got a little something on your nose, let me wipe that for you.

Lol ;)

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
OMG NO WAI! :D I LOVE THESE GUYS. XD I hope I get their autographs!

Hmmm,are people really anticipated for these guys?I mean,they come here all the time.We've seen them in person...um...once?

Are they really that worth seeing?After hearing some stuff about them(Especially that GMfan guy),you really think it would be worth wasting our shopping time just to speak to them,talk to them,hoping that they give you some sort of recognition through response(Or touch if it's from that dak guy)to the lonely little lives we lead?

I mean,if that's the case,then....I don't know.I feel that these guys are just leading us on,thinking that they're so cool because they do this and that.I don't see what's so great about them.

Jesus Christ,what am I saying?That's pretty much all convention guests in a nutshell.I take it back!I take it all back!These guys are AWESOME!

lol:p

Malwave
03-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Lol hey mal come here a sec. You got a little something on your nose, let me wipe that for you.

Lol ;)

musta had some icing leftover from Cakeimus prime

thanks man x3

GMfan
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh this thread is just getting silly

.....carry on

chans formers
03-26-2010, 08:42 PM
5)So,how much do I have to pay to spend 10 minutes with him? :D

lolz!!about 2 beers and you should be good:D

Lol ;)lmao:D
u funny:D

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
lolz!!about 2 beers and you should be good:D

Sweet,then I have the whole thing planned out :)

Malwave
03-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh this thread is just getting silly

.....carry on

blame the topic derailer XP

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-26-2010, 10:35 PM
blame the topic derailer XP

sshhh...

Malwave
03-27-2010, 01:55 AM
sshhh...

:eek: YOU'RE the topic derailer? Nooooo <_< >_>

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-27-2010, 04:57 PM
:eek: YOU'RE the topic derailer? Nooooo <_< >_>

Read the signature.:P

Malwave
03-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Read the signature.:P

[good natured sarcasm]:p How could I have missed that? [/good natured sarcasm]

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-27-2010, 06:41 PM
[good natured sarcasm]:p How could I have missed that? [/good natured sarcasm]

Gee,I don't know:rolleyes:

(Man,this Thread is starting to get silly)

TwinTwistR
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Sorry to get back on topic, but another newb quesiton. I've looked around different threads and even went to the TFcon site, and so far all I see are the dates for the event. Does a schedule or location or anything else exist for this event yet? I thought I was reading all about it on TFcon then realized it was info for 2009.

Thnx

Nightscrabbler
04-14-2010, 10:52 AM
There will be a 2010 event schedule on the site in the near future and an announcement about it here.

Super_Megatron
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
The 2010 location on the TFcon site is accurate.
The 2010 schedule hasn't been published yet, but you can expect simular events and run times. Typically the schedule is up following the guest announcements.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
The 2010 location on the TFcon site is accurate.
The 2010 schedule hasn't been published yet, but you can expect simular events and run times. Typically the schedule is up following the guest announcements.

I would like to note that before the day of the Con,you should check the schedule frequently,just to make sure that there are sudden changes going on.

Aernaroth
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Schedules are usually viewable in some form or another at the show, as well.

Malwave
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Schedules are usually viewable in some form or another at the show, as well.

even so, it's better to have a physical copy so if you can't find a posted one, you got one handy :)

Super_Megatron
04-14-2010, 03:57 PM
I would like to note that before the day of the Con,you should check the schedule frequently,just to make sure that there are sudden changes going on.

I don't remember the schedule ever changing the day before the con.

Nightscrabbler
04-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't remember the schedule ever changing the day before the con.

It could happen as a result of an emergency cancellation by a guest, but other than that slim possibility, probably not.

Dragon Knight
04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Man, I'm still thinking if I should go to this or not...I mean I live half an hour away and all....

Black Cat
04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Man, I'm still thinking if I should go to this or not...I mean I live half an hour away and all....

Then GO. You will not be disappointed.

GMfan
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Then GO. You will not be disappointed.

Agreed, what other plans could there be!? GO!!!

Dragon Knight
04-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Well if anyone here is willing to give me a ride there as I live on Shelby and Willow Bank, I would greatly appreciate it just hit me up with a PM!

GMfan
04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
There is public transit.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=1518

Malwave
04-15-2010, 08:25 AM

dude, if ya don't you'll regret it for the longest time

trust me; it's worth it. Hell I'm sure you'll meet up with a few fellow fans at Kipling if you take public transit. :D

Mumps
04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Well... I live in Calgary, and I'm going :p

No excuses! Just go!

Super_Megatron
04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Any Transformers fan in the area owes it to themselves to attend at least once.

UltraMarknus
04-15-2010, 07:27 PM
find a way there...can't family drive you if all else fails LOL? This event is more enjoyable every year. Even if you dont buy anything come for the ambiance heh.

Nightscrabbler
04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Any Transformers fan in the area owes it to themselves to attend at least once.

...every year.

GMfan
04-15-2010, 09:47 PM
find a way there...can't family drive you if all else fails LOL? This event is more enjoyable every year. Even if you dont buy anything come for the ambiance heh.

Hell if you don't buy anything there's still tons of voice actors, panels, games, and contest to see for free over the weekend....even more fun if you come for the Friday night party

Dragon Knight
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Ha, well you guys all convinced me. Ill find someway to get there. :)