PDA

View Full Version : BOTCON 2010 First Figure Revealed, G2 Returns!

Super_Megatron
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
BOTCON 2010 First Figure Revealed, G2 Returns! (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2010-first-figure-revealed-g2-returns-169365/)

Category: Conventions

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-22-2010, 06:31 PM

Please let that not be the finished product.

jjwankenobi
03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
If I gave my 3 year old son some paint and a Classics 2.0/Henkei Inferno I bet the end result would look just like BotCon 2010 Autobot Spark.

Stapler
03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
YES! G2 is back, baby! I can't help but love the wacky colours of G2 (I don't think the colours deserve as much hate as they get, to be honest).
Universe Inferno wasan't my first choice for Pyro but after seeing this I can't see any other mold working as well as this. It's too bad I'm not going to Botcon.

Nemesis Predaking
03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
2007 Botcon set = Epic Win !!!

2010 Botcon set =
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/NemesisPredaking/facepalm_implied.jpg

Nocturn
03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
I lol'd.

JaySmith
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
SOLD! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the wacky colours of Generation 2.

Sureshot22
03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
sigh what a waste..

maybe they will start to learn after 2009 sales sucked. and 2010s will be in the toilet....

should have been something classics or animated.

animated being my first choice. just cause some new figs would have been awesome.

PS ugliest Fing paint scheme ever.......

that kinda look is the shit you find in dollar store crap for a dollar =P

Pascal
03-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Pyro rocked. This rocks as well. If they do a Clench, I might get the entire set this time around. Or at least Spark and Clench.

JaySmith
03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
should have been something classics or animated.

They've done Classics already.... and guess what, this is classics once again, only now focusing on the Generation 2 line.

Matrix_Holder
03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
ugh...just ugh.:eek:

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Good. Botcon exclusives are crazy overpriced anyway, so it's courteous of them to make the figures so ugly that I'd pass on them even at mass retail. Saves me a lot of cash.

Protoman
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Love it, now let the speculations of repaints begin

Pascal
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Onslaught is so Clench now.

Cheers Ian
03-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Well it looks like I won't be hunting down many Botcon figures this year.

But honestly, this is a good example of what 'Con exclusives should be, obscure characters that would appeal to die hard fans, but the mass market collectors won't be overly upset that they won't have the chance to purchase the characters at retail.

Cheers!
-Ian

Team Jetfire
03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Not a fan of G2, not a fan of this.

GMfan
03-22-2010, 08:39 PM
If G2 Silverbolt is made from Universe 2.0's I will be reluctant to let go of an updated version of my first Transformer.

jackwacko
03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
I've never seen so many colors on a single vehicle in my entire life(given that I've only lived 17 years so far)... but definite pass.

ChrisW
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
On the plus side, a G2-themed set means that I will probably have no interest in the majority of the figures.

On the minus side, I just know they're going to do G2 Ramjet, which I MUST HAVE. :p :( :D

GMfan
03-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I doubt the G2 Ramjet, they used that mold already

Tekkamanraiden
03-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Didn't know it was April 1st today, oh wait...

rhinoxmaximal
03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
But honestly, this is a good example of what 'Con exclusives should be, obscure characters that would appeal to die hard fans, but the mass market collectors won't be overly upset that they won't have the chance to purchase the characters at retail.

I agree with this. As an exclusive, it's so wild and it's a great mold. It works!

I did giggled a bit though.

(ummm... Now I wish they would do Masterpiece Crayola Prime somewhere, somehow -- off topic, just thinking out loud)

Supernova
03-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Sweet monkey butter!

I think this is gonna be such a fun set! :D

Malwave
03-22-2010, 10:09 PM
...................okay, if there is something a LITTLE less wacky I MIGHT try and get this set.

Sureshot22
03-22-2010, 10:43 PM
They've done Classics already.... and guess what, this is classics once again, only now focusing on the Generation 2 line.

ya i see its the classics molds. dosnt change the fact that it looks like someone had a technicolour yawn all over it,

its like how lil kids paint. no concept of how things really look. "lets just use every colour in the box somewhere"

but hey if some like it great. i wont be wasting my money on it though :p

UltraPrimal
03-22-2010, 11:30 PM
How ironic, Universe Inferno, who is a G2 homage, repainted into a G2 homage.

I bet Clench is one of the attendee exclusives.:p

I hope both receive new heads. The thing I liked best about these guys were their head sculpts.

Well, I'm looking forward to this set so far. Although if Rapido turns out to be part of the set, I'll probably be a little "meh" about him.

Pascal
03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
ya i see its the classics molds. dosnt change the fact that it looks like someone had a technicolour yawn all over it,

its like how lil kids paint. no concept of how things really look. "lets just use every colour in the box somewhere"

but hey if some like it great. i wont be wasting my money on it though :p

People my age will for sure remember wearing all kinds of neon crap t-shirts and caps with ugly splashes and stuff. That's how things were done back then, toys, clothing, cars, everything!

chans formers
03-22-2010, 11:54 PM
i actually don't mind the retro colors. i'm just not sure that it fits inferno's mold.one positive is that this one won't crumble on you.

i guess another g2 themed repaint will be thundercracker(from the deluxe classics ss mold),but in the european/japanese green and purple garrish colors,not just straight g1 blue.

second guess would have to go to
"windbreaker"(:D)from classics deluxe sunstreaker.

skinsquad
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
It is so ironic that I have slowly been getting more into back collecting G2 lately and now this! This is awesome! Although G2 may have a bunch of quirky and ultra colorful figures, they are fun!

I hope they also make Boss, Drench, Deluge, Clench, Jetstorm, and Calcar. Can't wait to find out who the other figures will be!

soundwaveCA
03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Good thing I never intended to keep this set.

Dark Rage
03-23-2010, 12:32 AM
They should have done Artfire.

Good thing I never intended to keep this set.

Goodluck on breaking even, lol

Hobbyist Prime
03-23-2010, 12:49 AM
I can't find the emoticon of vomiting....

Lysist
03-23-2010, 01:07 AM
People my age will for sure remember wearing all kinds of neon crap t-shirts and caps with ugly splashes and stuff. That's how things were done back then, toys, clothing, cars, everything!

"Back in my day.....Hypercolor shirts were radical, we didn't care about the obvious pit stains"

I remember having neon pink and green stuff. it was awesome. I just hope that my kids never find the pictures.

I was never a G2 fan (except Ransack, because WWII transformers are RAD!)If they do something really original that works with my collection I might brake down but so far it is Pass-tacular.

UltraPrimal
03-23-2010, 02:00 AM
They should have done Artfire.
Who says he won't be one of the attendee exclusives?;)

BTW peeps, if you're planning on attending BotCon, don't forget to join the "I'm Attending BotCon 2010" (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/group.php?groupid=20) social group. Bringing a little TFCon to BotCon.

Phy
03-23-2010, 04:10 AM
This is the finest convention-merch troll. "Wanna take something home from Botcon? Alright guys, it looks like this!"

Prowl_2009
03-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Oookay.... :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I am so happy G2 is back again, but Sparks is just....what's the word I am looking for??? :confused: Hideous? Disasterous? Horrifying?

Oh I know... All of the above and then some! :rolleyes: If Hasbro wanted to see 2010 sales tank, than their going to get their wish with this butt ugly Autobot Commander.

Malwave
03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
now, I shall be the guy to add a counterpoint.

Firstly, it IS the Inferno mold, which regardless of paint is a damn good mold.

Secondly, this is the rebirth of G2 sorta, so crazy colour schemes should be expected. I mean think about it; when was Grimlock blue?

But mostly this is only the first robot in the set. I think it's a little early to go damning the entire thing before we see the others. Didn't the 2009 set least have one good figure in it? Kup? Banzaitron? Landshark? <_< >_> Leozak?

Richter
03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
i actually don't mind the retro colors. i'm just not sure that it fits inferno's mold.one positive is that this one won't crumble on you.

i guess another g2 themed repaint will be thundercracker(from the deluxe classics ss mold),but in the european/japanese green and purple garrish colors,not just straight g1 blue.

second guess would have to go to
"windbreaker"(:D)from classics deluxe sunstreaker.

I'd say the TFCC dion is already windbreaker ;)

Prowl_2009
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I am holding out hope for the rest of the set, regardless of how Sparks looks. It is G2, as I said. :D

Cheers Ian
03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Alright guys, We all know he looks ugly, but look at his original figure

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5508/sparkboxart.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/sparkboxart.jpg/)

He's supposed to look like that.

And like others have said, G2 was from the early 90's where Neon was as cool as shit! Do I really need to post a picture of me wearing a neon colored shirt with cartoon bulldogs riding in a convertible to show you how cool Neon was? Do I? Do I?!?

Cheers!
-Ian

Malwave
03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Do I really need to post a picture of me wearing a neon colored shirt with cartoon bulldogs riding in a convertible to show you how cool Neon was? Do I? Do I?!?

do it for the lulz x3

Prowl_2009
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Do I really need to post a picture of me wearing a neon colored shirt with cartoon bulldogs riding in a convertible to show you how cool Neon was? Do I? Do I?!?

I think you do. :p

crimbot
03-23-2010, 01:39 PM

Cheers!
-Ian

Are you talking about Chip and Pepper Wildwear??

G2 Happened. I love this theme. I wasnt a huge fan of g2 while it was g2, but now its a fun part of transformers history. I'm all over this!

skinsquad
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Ahh...I remember the days of shopping for these at Warehouse One! Memories! Back when tied eye shirts and sweaters, potato sack pants, spandex, stir ups, and legwarmers were cool! LOL!

As much as I know I would never got caught with those again, I can't for the G2 Redux!

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Alright guys, We all know he looks ugly, but look at his original figure

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5508/sparkboxart.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/sparkboxart.jpg/)

He's supposed to look like that.

And like others have said, G2 was from the early 90's where Neon was as cool as shit! Do I really need to post a picture of me wearing a neon colored shirt with cartoon bulldogs riding in a convertible to show you how cool Neon was? Do I? Do I?!?

Cheers!
-Ian

This is making me a little less proud of being a 90s child.

CobraCommander
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
do it for the lulz x3

Yes for LuLz! :D

Malwave
03-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Yes for LuLz! :D

props for ANYONE who does that x3

Cheers Ian
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM

Even worse, it was Chip and Pepper wannabe stuff.

I'll post the pic tommorow, just got to run over to my parents and grab it.

Cheers!
-Ian

Prowl_2009
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I'll be sure to wear my shades since I haven't been exposed to neon since the nineties. :p

jourdo
03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I was never a really big G2 fan, and this isn't really making me one. It is looking like I will be saving some money once again.

Is it too early to say TFcon > Botcon?

Prowl_2009
03-24-2010, 09:49 AM
^^ Let's wait until we see the rest of the set. ;)

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-24-2010, 12:43 PM
I was never a really big G2 fan, and this isn't really making me one. It is looking like I will be saving some money once again.

In terms of exclusives....hmmm,nope,just the right time to say it.

Stapler
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm happy to see that they're using the crazy G2 colours for this set. This really takes me back to those Summer days as a kid in the early 90's. G2 was several "firsts" for me as a TF fan. It was the first time I got to pick out a TF toy in the store that my parents would buy for me (G2 Scavenger) and also the very first time I was able to save up my piddly allowance to buy one myself (G2 Powerdive).
I also remember drooling over the G2 figures (Optimus Prime in particular) at the stores. And there's just something about the bright and colourful packaging that I love, it really caught the eye. I don't really have those memories of G1 (I think I was either too young to remember or my parents just never took me to the store at that age). Not that I don't have G1 memories.;)

JLvatron
03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
YEEEEESSSS!!! :):)

It's not too early, that's always a given! :cool: