PDA

View Full Version : BM Jetstorm touch up question

GDkitty
03-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Recently picked up a open box Jetstorm from a antiques mall (along with a bunch of other RID figures). All sales are final, so im stuck with it now..

If you look at the attached picture (stock picture, not a pic of mine, didnt get a chance to do it), the two circled areas in red, and a blue metalic PAINT.

When i opened it, i saw that it was flaking off.. some areas were fine, others its was all cracked and even breathing on it would flake some off.

I can only assume that it got some moisture damage or something on it to cause this. Figure is fine otherwise.. tight joints, etc.

I guess my only option at this point would be to repaint those two parts? it was too flaked to put like a spray varnish over to hold it down.

Anyone else that have this one, have this problem?

If its down to the repaint part.. may just leave it as 'battle damage' for now :P and possibly do a TOTAL repaint custom of the whole thing at a later date.. if i ever finish my last repaint :P

Uberman
03-22-2010, 10:50 AM
They weren't primed properly... or something.

The stuff flakes off crazy easy, and sort of gets everywhere. But the plastic under it is really slick, so I don't know what you'd paint it with.

Foxw
03-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Sadly GD, metallic apps on the BW/BM era figures were prone to this, even after only a short time from release.

IF you would like a finish that's pretty close to what it had, PM me and i'll fill you in on a method i use to replicate the hasbro look

GDkitty
03-23-2010, 09:27 AM
blegh.. i figured that.. poop :P

well, hes going to sit 'battle damaged' on the shelf for now when im done re-aranging it till i get around to re-painting it.