PDA

View Full Version : TFCon Question

Richter
03-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm just looking into buying my way out there on Visa points. Is this the hotel here:
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/YYZIPDT-Doubletree-by-Hilton-Toronto-Airport-Ontario/index.do;jsessionid=73C868CBD230575FCFEDE253010873 D3.etc71?brand_id=DT&brand_directory=/en/dt/&xch=586523012,PHH1HARSJKW3CCSGBIUMVCQ

The link on the tfcon website is busted. If so, this hotel is listing stays at $84/night through my tdvisa site, a lot less than the $129/night discount price

Proof:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_jxWrmKjkJzg/S5LslDOW22I/AAAAAAAAAMs/YExVwc6-ghY/s720/cheaphotel.jpg

Ultra Maverick
03-06-2010, 08:45 PM
hmm,
I got a similar rate for my room but to get that rate I had to pay in advance.
Maybe that's what we are seeing here?

UltraMarknus
03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes, that is the Hotel.

and yes, regular rates seem to be lower than TFCon rates right now...odd

JLvatron
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Hotel rates can be unpredictable. On average, the TFcon rate will be lower than the regular rate, but these rates do fluctuate from time to time.

If you can manage to get a lower rate there, just be sure of all the conditions, like no refunds, pay all now, and any extra fees through a 2ndary website like hotels.com

Mumps
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I got my room very cheap during the January sale. Only downside of that was I had to pay all at once, and no refunds. So, I had better not fall deathly ill that weekend or I am out some cash.

Phalanx
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Still no guarantee that I'll be able to make it, but I went ahead and booked a room anyway. Whee. I did pay a bit more to have the benefit of the option to cancel, just in case.

Uberman
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
All you dudes coming in to the city from so far away... that's commitment. I'm sort of embarrassed that I've been in Toronto for so long and only this year am fully committing to making the trip to the con. I used to think going out to Etobicoke was a major chore but you guys sorta trump that. [If you make it further into town, I know where you can get some great empanadas or a killer brisket sandwich.]

Mumps
03-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Well, I have traveled a lot farther for Cons before. Twice I have gone to Gencon in Indianapolis, and I plan to make it a yearly thing as soon as I get my finances in check. I had to cancel my trip there this year... but thats only because my friend's having to cancel the trip for themselves, due to not having jobs :p
which is too bad, there were people expecting me back this year... haha

But I can't wait for TFCon.

Malwave
03-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, I have traveled a lot farther for Cons before. Twice I have gone to Gencon in Indianapolis, and I plan to make it a yearly thing as soon as I get my finances in check. I had to cancel my trip there this year... but thats only because my friend's having to cancel the trip for themselves, due to not having jobs :p
which is too bad, there were people expecting me back this year... haha

But I can't wait for TFCon.

same here man! XD I'm coming from barrie, so I hafta take the Go Train to Union (or the Go Bus to Newmarket and THEN Union), then get on the subway, transfer to the Kipling Line and grab a TTC bus to the hotel

XDDD god that's gonna be expensive