PDA

View Full Version : War for Cybertron Multiplayer Details - Create your own Transformer Character

Super_Megatron
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
War for Cybertron Multiplayer Details - Create your own Transformer Character (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/war-for-cybertron-multiplayer-details---create-your-own-transformer-character-169256/)

Category: Video Games

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Malwave
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
YEEEAAAAAHH! :D

This makes my investment in WfC for DS a definite!

Ultra Maverick
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Great news!
I always love a custom character!

Prowl_2009
03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Sweet! :D

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Hopefully there'll be enough options to make something approaching the Gobot cast. It'd be nice to have Smallfoot and Pathfinder kick some Autobot and Decepticon ass.

Tekkamanraiden
03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
So I'll be going across the street later to preorder.

Shepp
03-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Hmm..... I'm thinking this method may be more or less like the Cyborg Justice method of robot creation.

You'll be given a selection of all torsos, legs, arms, heads from all models in the game, and then the added option to change colour schemes.

That in itself would be pretty cool, though I don't know if the custom would be able to transform.

.... crap... having just read the article, I think there's only going to be a few pre-set transforming bodies to choose from, and then maybe a head select and choice of paint scheme.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect some limitations on how much customisation you can do, as the finished model still needs to transform. Still, I'm hoping for more than just new heads and colour schemes; any piece that becomes kibble in robot mode (such as a Seeker's wings) should be swappable, and the other parts should have alternative pieces with the same general shape (so that they still fit into the transformation scheme) but with different details.

Shepp
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect some limitations on how much customisation you can do, as the finished model still needs to transform. Still, I'm hoping for more than just new heads and colour schemes; any piece that becomes kibble in robot mode (such as a Seeker's wings) should be swappable, and the other parts should have alternative pieces with the same general shape (so that they still fit into the transformation scheme) but with different details.

I was hoping for a Spore level of customization. But that's just wishful thinking in a console game. Then again, I'm kinda bad at making really impressive things in Spore, so maybe limits are good.

Mighty_Galvatron
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Hmm..... I'm thinking this method may be more or less like the Cyborg Justice method of robot creation.

You'll be given a selection of all torsos, legs, arms, heads from all models in the game, and then the added option to change colour schemes.

That in itself would be pretty cool, though I don't know if the custom would be able to transform.

.... crap... having just read the article, I think there's only going to be a few pre-set transforming bodies to choose from, and then maybe a head select and choice of paint scheme.

That's what I'm feeling too; I think the final creation tools will be very limiting to what everyone wants it to be.

I was hoping for a Spore level of customization. But that's just wishful thinking in a console game. Then again, I'm kinda bad at making really impressive things in Spore, so maybe limits are good.

Console game? Don't start with that old console vs. pc game talk now. That was so n64/ps days ago. Now a days with the hardware that's in a console (the 360 for instance) there really is no difference anymore. The xbox is a computer-console. Its cheaper, and ususally out-performs a pc running the same game.:)

No offence meant here.:)

Stapler
03-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm really hoping that the possibilities of what you can make your bot/con look like will be broad and allow us to make our dream robots, not just another seeker clone in a limited new colour scheme or another bumblebee-type mini-bot with a different weapon.

jackalprime
03-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I was all excited until i read shepps post. hes right, im not going to get my hopes up for character creation. i dont know, but will this game be on ps network? (for download)

Shepp
03-04-2010, 12:14 PM
That's what I'm feeling too; I think the final creation tools will be very limiting to what everyone wants it to be.

Console game? Don't start with that old console vs. pc game talk now. That was so n64/ps days ago. Now a days with the hardware that's in a console (the 360 for instance) there really is no difference anymore. The xbox is a computer-console. Its cheaper, and ususally out-performs a pc running the same game.:)

No offence meant here.:)

I didn't mean to offend consoles at all. I just mean that most console games are meant to get the player into the game faster because there's less fiddling around.

PCs require installation, and updating drivers, etc. and then adjusting settings according to what you're running. They're great for modding games because there's more that you can do, and there's more patience required.

Console games don't have very much overhead. Pop the DVD into the console, wait for it to load, and then start playing. Since this game is going to be ported from console to PC (I assume), it'll be assumed that players don't want to spend 2 to 6 hours making a multiplayer character for deathmatches.

Sure, 5 to 20 minutes, but I couldn't see the programmers and designers planning the average console player wanting to spend more than that.

No, I'm not saying that console gamers have low attention spans, or that they're impatient. I'm just saying that the game would focus more on playing than sitting there customizing an avatar. The whole "jump in or out at any time" co-op play is a good example of the focus on play instead of setup.

I mean how often do you go into Deathmatches and see people playing plain vanilla characters without any customizing (regardless of whether the game is on PC or console)?

Nocturn
03-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Hot.