PDA

View Full Version : What toys are you looking for at TFcon?

Pages : [1] 2

Malwave
02-24-2010, 11:20 AM
hey gang, malwave here with yet another interestingly titled topic...MADE EVEN MORE AWESOME BY THE MODS XDDDDDD I love the touch guys x3. (if interestingly isn't a word now I shall make it so! xD)

Now, if you're the kind of collector like I am, you go to conventions not only to experience new things, but to get your hands on convention merch - stuff you normally wouldn't have access to with your resources (if you live in a small town like Keswick anyway xD)

So I pose my question to you all; what is your con holy grails? What figures are you going to try and hunt for? What are the figures that you will bowl over spectators to get when you've found them?

To answer my own question, I have about 5;

- Masterpiece Grimlock; either original Takara or the new shiny gray King variant
- G1 Shockwave
- G1/Reissue Ultra Magnus (RACE YA CHRIS XD)
- JP Ravage (x3 five bucks says there's one left, and me and Nem fight each other for it)
- Protector Armour

Prowl_2009
02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
I am hoping to hunt down: MP Grimlock & Universe Rodimus. :cool:

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
I hope to finally track down Beast Wars TMII Megatron.

UltraMarknus
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
If I don't get it beforehand

g1 complete Sixshot

jjwankenobi
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Gentei Dark Skyfire

So dark

So debonair

So damn expensive...

Shepp
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm going to look for the final BW Neo Unicron prototype figure to go with my other three. I figure I might as well have them all.

j/k

I don't know what kind of grail I'd be looking for, I guess vintage Megatron parts to complete my old loose G1 incomplete figure (the reissue parts just some seem to fit as snug).

If funds were unlimited, I know I'd definitely pick up a G1 Fort Max, with all accessories and the additional accessories from the Takara release.

And then the following in no particular order:
Masterforce Overlord
Victory Leo and Star Saber
Deathsaurus
Dai-Atlas and the others that combine with him
Sky Garry and Grandus

And any other leaders I can think of.

But I can only dream.

As for realistic grails, Shadow Commander, City Commander, and TFCon Powered Convoy armours, along with a pair of Shadow Warriors to match each one. Maybe a DIA Commander armour for my Henkei Convoy, but it just doesn't wow me as much as the TFCon one so maybe the G3 trailer or something instead.

edit:

And Animated Rodimus and Arcee.

/edit

edit 2:

Actually, if money was no object, I'd track down every tapebot, Headmaster head, Targetmaster gun, Powermaster engine, Micromaster, Breastmaster chestpiece, Brainmaster brain/face, and every Mini-con sculpt and repaint of all of the above.

And a whole bunch of those old Diaclone pilots.

/edit

chovner
02-24-2010, 01:27 PM
MP Grimlock, G1 Grimlock (but not for $60 like it always ends up being), Soundwave w/Lazerbeak & Ravage Encore

Malwave
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
MP Grimlock, G1 Grimlock (but not for $60 like it always ends up being)...

GRIMLOCK FIGHT xD

ya know I can sorta see us fighting one another to get our hands on a G1 Grimmy XDDD

chans formers
02-24-2010, 02:10 PM
g1 "grandus",and any other japanese g1 bots.

Prowl_2009
02-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I also want to see if I can track down Universe Soundwave there too!

Malwave
02-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I also want to see if I can track down Universe Soundwave there too!

The Soundblaster-Wave that came with Laserbeak and Ravage?

Vince
02-24-2010, 05:23 PM
#1. Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Optimus Primal/ Megatron Box set

#2. TM2 Megatron

#3. Optimal Optimus

#3. Henkei Dinobot

Beast Wars is the main focus this year : P

Malwave
02-24-2010, 05:37 PM

#2. TM2 Megatron

#3. Optimal Optimus

#3. Henkei Dinobot

Beast Wars is the main focus this year : P

lol I can tell xD

Ultra Maverick
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
There's a couple I will be on the lookout for, like some headmasters. I don't really have a "grail" this year.

Last year I was able to find a MISB Universe Nemesis Prime (the Target exclusive Black reapint of Big Convoy)
My original grail from back when I started going to TFcon

skinsquad
02-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Unless I don't pick them up beforehand....in no particular order:

Cybertron Nemesis Breaker
Cybertron Leobreaker
Fansproject Shadow Commander
Fansproject Power Commander
Henkei Hot Rod
Classics Hot Rod
Alternity Red Convoy
Predaking Reissue
G1 Headmasters
G1 Thunderclash
G2 Boss
Cybertron DVD Boxset

Vince
02-25-2010, 01:45 AM
There's a couple I will be on the lookout for, like some headmasters. I don't really have a "grail" this year.

Last year I was able to find a MISB Universe Nemesis Prime (the Target exclusive Black reapint of Big Convoy)
My original grail from back when I started going to TFcon

Thats awesome! How much? (if you don't mind me asking that is).

Dragon Knight
02-25-2010, 01:58 AM
RID Optimus Prime
RID Ultra Magnus
Henkei Convoy
Takara ROTF Prime and Jetfire two pack
Alternaty Convoy Silver
MP Convoy(Depending on how much cash I got when I go)
City Commander Add on set
A couple of Animated Deluxes I missed out on.
Voyager Shockwave grey(Seeing as I could never find him in my area)
Munitions Expert
Exploreer
Alternity Starscream

Will the Takara versions of the Animated toys be out by then? Because I might buy a couple of those. Namely the prime VS megs voyager two pack, and maybe some of ones I don't have yet.

And I'm gonna try to limit myself to only five of what's listed.

Asuming I don't get the Munitions Expert and Explorer for my birthday like I plan, my top five comes down too....

1: Henkei Convoy
2: City Commander
3: Alternaty Convoy and Starscream
4: ROTF Two pack
5: Prime VS Megs two pack.

JLvatron
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
RID Optimus Prime

In case you're not familiar with him, the toy is known to crack the rubber tires over the years. It's quite common so don't be too disappointed. :)

Dragon Knight
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
In case you're not familiar with him, the toy is known to crack the rubber tires over the years. It's quite common so don't be too disappointed. :)

Yeah I think I've heard of some people talking about that problem before. I want the two mostly for Omega Prime anyways. I won't mind a little crackage...although I won't mind if it were the korean version either.

Malwave
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah I think I've heard of some people talking about that problem before. I want the two mostly for Omega Prime anyways. I won't mind a little crackage...although I won't mind if it were the korean version either.

AHHH Fire Convoy and God Magnus ftw

and if ya DO have tire crackage, I'm sure you can get a set recast in rubber for you ^^

Dragon Knight
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
So

Any chance I'll be able to find everything on my list for a decent enough price?

Malwave
02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
lol define "decent" xD

Dragon Knight
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
lol define "decent" xD

Well

Reasonable anyway.

Malwave
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Well

Reasonable anyway.

well I've seen RiD prime go for prices from 60 bucks (which is what I got mine at) to nearly 150...all depends on condition and what type he is (RiD versus Car Robots)

Aernaroth
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Well

Reasonable anyway.

Pretty good odds you'll find stuff at the list, at or below "Market Value"

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 03:06 PM
That's what I am hoping when it comes to tracking down a Classics Rodimus, Below market value. :p

Malwave
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
That's what I am hoping when it comes to tracking down a Classics Rodimus, Below market value. :p

XDD that I'm sure you can find man x3

Uberman
02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Ooh, the Universe Nemesis Prime Big Convoy thing would make me happy. Put that on my list.

Actually, I'm looking for more beastformers to add to the zoo, mostly Japanese guys, but not expensive. Is that possible?

Guys like Stampy, Heinlad, Mach Kick, Break. Hmmmmmm. And the Tako Tank. Yeah.

Aernaroth
02-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Ooh, the Universe Nemesis Prime Big Convoy thing would make me happy. Put that on my list.

Actually, I'm looking for more beastformers to add to the zoo, mostly Japanese guys, but not expensive. Is that possible?

Guys like Stampy, Heinlad, Mach Kick, Break. Hmmmmmm. And the Tako Tank. Yeah.

Got me a Longrack and Heinrad at similar shows, and a Shadow Panther at TFcon last year.

Ultra Maverick
02-25-2010, 03:57 PM
The Universe Nemesis Prime/black big convoy I picked up last year for $50.

i was pretty darn happy to find this guy after looking for so long.

Dragon Knight
02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Add the Knight Morpher, and Warbot to my list.

Haha, wow almost everything on my list is either a third party item or some sort of Prime.

Malwave
02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Add the Knight Morpher, and Warbot to my list.

Haha, wow almost everything on my list is either a third party item or some sort of Prime.

xD I'm with ya there man xD I'm gonna attempt and find that Knight Commander, aka Locomotimus Prime X3

The Little Engine that Could Transform and roll out...X3

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
XDD that I'm sure you can find man x3

Here's Hoping! :D

Wheelie
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
That is my #1 C-69 Ultra Magnus (Movie Preview/Diaclone Colours) MISB

So if anyone sees one do not buy it leave it for me! Please?

GMfan
02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
That is my #1 C-69 Ultra Magnus (Movie Preview/Diaclone Colours) MISB

So if anyone sees one do not buy it leave it for me! Please?

You do realize I'll be in the dealer room first right? ;)

Protoman
02-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Hmmm grail.....

I guess a decent priced Battlestars Grandus.

Aside from that I will just be filling the gaps in my completiest like collection and getting some Roddy doubles

Malwave
02-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Hmmm grail.....

Aside from that I will just be filling the gaps in my completiest like collection and getting some Roddy doubles

XDD least save a classics rod for Prowl_2009 XDDD

Wheelie
02-25-2010, 07:08 PM
You do realize I'll be in the dealer room first right? ;)

:(

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Hmmm grail.....

So long as you leave a Classics Rodimus for me. :D Wish I could get one before TFCon though. :(

Shepp
02-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Did you mean the Takara Beast Wars Reborn set, or the Hasbro set that was identical except for packaging, the lack of CD, and one internal part missing in Optimus Primal?

justprime
02-25-2010, 08:50 PM
C-123 Dairu (dial) Japanese dino Cassette

Protoman
02-25-2010, 09:46 PM
So long as you leave a Classics Rodimus for me. :D Wish I could get one before TFCon though. :(

I will promise you this, I won't pick up Classics Rodimus, I have plenty of him and his Henkei counterpart. Have to share the Hot Rod/Rodimus love sometimes.

Mighty_Galvatron
02-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I would really love to get Classics Magnus and the Commander upgrade set - but I have a feeling they will be absurdly priced to the point where I'd rather get something G1.

edit: I actually have a boatload of figures I want to get...I need to distill my list significantly before TFcon

Shepp
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Eric Idle's autograph on a photo of G1 Wreck Gar with a caption that reads "I shat my armour!"

Malwave
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I would really love to get Classics Magnus and the Commander upgrade set - but I have a feeling they will be absurdly priced to the point where I'd rather get something G1.

edit: I actually have a boatload of figures I want to get...I need to distill my list significantly before TFcon

XD welcome to the club. I have to run through mine to see what's actually feasable

Shepp
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
XD welcome to the club. I have to run through mine to see what's actually feasable

In distilling the list of wants, I've found it much easier to go through the collection as a whole and take a good look at what doesn't fit, and what is just kind of ... meh. Takes more work in the long run, but its easier on the wallet in the future.

I mean, some stuff just doesn't match with the rest, or is only there because it "completes a series" meanwhile it just isn't that great of a figure. Like Armada Side Swipe.

Easiest way to prevent future purchase regret is to just not buy it.

Also, for previous TFCons I've brought a list of what I was looking for, and ranked that list according to "OMG I MUST BUY THIS!!1!" all the way down to "If I have some cash left over and it is near the end of the day, why not?"

Unicrons_Domain
02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Simply put,

Masterforce Overlord
Japan Dino-cassettes

Malwave
02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Simply put,

Masterforce Overlord
Japan Dino-cassettes

lol I should grab me a set of the dino cassettes x3

UltraMagnus69
02-26-2010, 08:25 PM

You never know - I got lucky at last year's con and walked past the reprolabels booth, one of the guys bought a two pack classics prime and ultramagnus. As he was opening it I jokingly asked him if he wanted to sell it to me:) he was like "ah no" I need this prime to go with my powered commander set. Immediately my eyes widened and I said I was referring to the UltraMagnus! long story short he sold me the UM with the Box and instructions for 25 bucks. He also owns a contract for my soul.

Cheers Ian
02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Okay, here are my "Grails" (I've got a much longer list of stuff I want, but they are EASY to locate compared to this stuff

Transformers
Dai Atlas (I would be willing to shell out $$ for him, He's pretty tough to track down)

Rock Lords
Sun Stone, Blast Rock and Dragon Stone - All very hard to track down, mostly released in European countries.

This Bad-ASS!

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/670/cherrycokerobot20small.jpg (http://img532.imageshack.us/i/cherrycokerobot20small.jpg/)

And finally, If I found this little orange ghost toy below I would probably mess myself. He's was one of my favorite childhood toys, and I would love to get him again.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7918/1009102.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/1009102.jpg/)

Cheers!
-Ian

Prowl_2009
02-27-2010, 01:22 AM
I will promise you this, I won't pick up Classics Rodimus, I have plenty of him and his Henkei counterpart. Have to share the Hot Rod/Rodimus love sometimes.

LOL, good to know. Thanks, Protoman! :cool:

Code of Honor
02-28-2010, 01:13 AM
I won't be buying many TF's in the next few months, saving for collage, but I hope to find Alternators: Rumble, Ravage (JaguarXK), Nemesis Prime and Rodimus. Then I'll have completed the Alternators line.

Wheelie
02-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Are the Japanese Dino-cassettes easy to get or are they far and few in between?

brr-icy
02-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Are the Japanese Dino-cassettes easy to get or are they far and few in between?

few and far between, never seen them at tfcon

Vince
02-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Also, for previous TFCons I've brought a list of what I was looking for, and ranked that list according to "OMG I MUST BUY THIS!!1!" all the way down to "If I have some cash left over and it is near the end of the day, why not?"

Smart idea, I'll probably do something similar this year! :)

TFormerfan
02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
A second Beast wars Rattrap

UltraPrimal
03-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Well, here is "The List" of what I'll be hunting for come BotCon/TFCon:

1. BotCon 2006 Megatron
2. BotCon 2006 Waspinator
3. Botcon 2006 Tigatron
4. Greatshot
5. Energon Ultra Magnus
6. Primal Prime
7. Tripredicus
8. TM2 Blackarachnia(earlier version preferable)
9. Rattrap(Original)
10. Sonic Assault Mini-Con Team
11. Henkei Cyclonus
12. Henkei Hot Rod
13. Alternity Bumble/Cliff
14. G1 GoBots
15. GI Joe 25th Anniversary 5-Pack
16. Cobra 25th Anniversary 5-Pack

More or less in that order. Obviously the BotCon BW items will be hard to find, especially for a reasonable price.

Greatshot because he'll complete my set with G1 Sixshot and Brave Shadow Maru.

E-Ultra Magnus because A) I don't have the mold and B) I actually had him before. I found him at the store. Bought him, didn't think he was that special, and returned him. Doh! And I'm still kicking myself for it.:(

Primal Prime 'cause I love the mold and the color scheme and the old BotCon comics.

The BW figures will complete my collection of characters/figures that appeared in the show:). Which then means I'll have to start hunting the ones that were in the comics. BTW, do you know how hard it is to find a Drancron?! Damn you, Ben Yee!

The rest is kind of like icing on the cake.;)

GMfan
03-04-2010, 01:55 AM
E-Ultra Magnus because A) I don't have the mold and B) I actually had him before. I found him at the store. Bought him, didn't think he was that special, and returned him. Doh! And I'm still kicking myself for it.:(

Don't feel bad, he just came out when I got back into the swing of collecting. I had just gotten an Overload and saw UM on a shelf and passed thinking "I'll get him later, I'd rather get a new mold now."

....Needless to say I feel dirty looking back now...but I was able to get one at last TFcon for $30 so I break even, just a late arrival. :P

Dragon Knight
03-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Have any of you ever found any Brave stuff at TFcon? Cause I know I'd love to have some of the SOnokong DX stuff.

Richter
03-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Henkei Crystal Convoy less than $400 :(
MIB Overlord
MIB Star Saber

UltraMarknus
03-04-2010, 10:43 AM
G1 Japanese stuff (Star Saber, Deszaras) dosen't show up there very much. I remember someone having a super sun burnt Grandus before.

WaveOfSound
03-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I'll be lookin' to find the most complete, mint condition G1 Soundwave for a good price, rather than paying ebay prices...

Other than that, anything Soundwave! Would love the sets of G1 cassettes, Machine Wars Soundwave, Universe Soundwave with Space Case, and Encore release... Since I've started collecting again, I've limited myself to Soundwave and only Soundwave, it's a simple way to limit how much I can spend!

renegade_decepticon
03-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Ehobby Masterpiece Black Convoy

4 more consructicons and parts for G1 devastator

Shadow Commander Set

Classics Ultra Magnus (if i can get him loose)

G1's Blurr
Kup
All the Stunticons
and Blaster with some of his tapes

And finsh off getting the rest of ROTF's i want.

skinsquad
03-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Updated

Cybertron Leobreaker
Henkei Hot Rod
Classics Hot Rod
Alternity Red Convoy
Predaking Reissue
G1 Headmasters
G1 Thunderclash
G2 Boss
Cybertron DVD Boxset

Phalanx
03-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Hmm, not sure if it's already been mentioned somewhere, but anyone traveling up from the US for the Con may want to exchange their spending money now since exchange rates are expected to be unfavourable by the summer. The Canadian dollar is almost back at par, and is expected to be back above the US dollar by summer.

Richter
03-19-2010, 01:37 AM
and Blaster with some of his tapes

Blaster is this years SDCC reissue exclusive. Yaaay, finally a working eject button! I just hope they use the mold with the working battery cover

Matrix_Holder
03-19-2010, 01:57 AM
I need to get the Brute max upgrade sets,
animated arcee and ratchet,
classics rodimus for cheap,
constructicus maximus limbs,
more skystalker, THS 02 style convoy,
a buncha repolables, powered commander set (maybe)
a

OhSlag!
03-23-2010, 05:47 PM
1. BotCon 2006 Megatron
3. Botcon 2006 Tigatron
9. Rattrap(Original)

you bastard lol jk

i'm looking for:
1. Dawn of Futures Past characters (for a reasonable price)
2. BW Rattrap
3. BW Neo Thrutor
4. BW Hardhead
5. the Japan 10th Ann BW charaters (mainly the deluxe primal because he is closer to 'proper' scale)

Dragon Knight
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Any chance the War Bot, Munitions Expert, and Explorer could be found at TFcon?

Bruticus82
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM

Automaton wasn't there last year, don't know if they're planning on it this year. They're the only Canadian source I know of for those figures.

Kooltoyz usually goes to TFCon, but I don't see war bot, munitions expert or explorer on their site...

That said, Fansprojects themselves were at the last TFCon. I don't think they were selling anything, but they might be this year...

Super_Megatron
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM

If Kool Toyz doesn't have them My Cartoon Heroes will.

Malwave
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
If Kool Toyz doesn't have them My Cartoon Heroes will.

long as at least "Springer" is there I am a happy man :D

Him and Knight Commander! x3

UltraMarknus
03-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Someone will have them. I can almost, sort-of, probably guarantee that LOL.

I remember the BTS Classics Prime trailers were there and I hadn't even realized they had been released.

Prowl_2009
03-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't mind grabbing a few of the 2-packs at TFCon actually, Back Road Brawl because of Hoist and G1 colors Mixmaster, War Within for Springer and Ratbat and I can't remember the name of the third set, but I know it has Roadbuster and Dirge in it! :D

Classics Rodimus is still on my list, but should MP-Grimlock be released in North America prior to TFCon, I'll have to add something equally cool to my TFCon Grail list to replace him! :D

Malwave
03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't mind grabbing a few of the 2-packs at TFCon actually, Back Road Brawl because of Hoist and G1 colors Mixmaster, War Within for Springer and Ratbat and I can't remember the name of the third set, but I know it has Roadbuster and Dirge in it! :D

Classics Rodimus is still on my list, but should MP-Grimlock be released in North America prior to TFCon, I'll have to add something equally cool to my TFCon Grail list to replace him! :D

XDD we should give out cell numbers to one another so if we find stuff we're lookin for we can text and ask for the seller to hold it

Dragon Knight
03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Do any of the dealers carry the E-Hobby exclusives? I do want me that Alternity Magnus

GMfan
03-30-2010, 12:23 AM
I've seen e-hobby exclusives aplenty at TFcon

Malwave
03-30-2010, 08:55 AM
hmm if that's the case I may grab the eHobby Twincast or the Blue G1 Ravage cassette set lol

Prowl_2009
03-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Well, with MP-Grimlock being released prior to TFCon, I may just have to track down the reissue Soundwave instead! :D

skinsquad
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Henkei Hot Rod
Classics Hot Rod
Alternity Red Convoy
Predaking Reissue
G1 Headmasters
G1 Thunderclash
G2 Boss
Beast Machines Primal Prime

Updated 03/30/10

Ultra Maverick
03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm now thinking of picking up a G1 combiners set this year, maybe abominus or computron.

-It could become an annual thing :D

Dragon Knight
03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
So, my TFcon list is looking like this now...in no particular order:

1: Fansproject Warbot
2: Fansproject Bruitcus upgrade set(Counting this as one item)
3: E-Hobby Alternity Ultra Magnus
4: Henkei/Classics Convoy
5: City Commander add on set.
6: maaaaaaaaaybe MP grimlock

Rietzey
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
If I had the funds to burn (I might) and were actually going (doubtful)...:

Shattered Glass Optimus Prime (wishful thinking no doubt)
Shattered Glass Rodimus/Hot Rod
Shattered Glass Grimlock
Shadow Commander Armour
Henkei Red Alert
Henkei Clear Convoy
Predaking (vintage or reissue)
Alternity Prime (red)

razin
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I was looking to grab a G1/Reissue Ultra Magnus, but just scored a MISB one for $45, couldnt pass that up!

So now looking for the Universe 2.0 Legends and the Henkei minibots
May also look to grab encore bruticus and Omega

Malwave
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
lol yeah since my list was changed a bit, I got a new priority finds list x3;

- G1 Magnus (reissue or vintage, whichever I find cheaper xP)
- Fansproject Defender
- TM1 Megatron (x3 god I want that figure soooo badly now.)
- TFA Arcee (sure I find her there ^^)
- "Corvette Ravage"
- Abominus x3

Cliffjumper69
03-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Well off the top of my head,

- MP Megatron
- MP Ultra Magnus
- Alternity Convoy, Megatron, Cliffjumper + Bumblebee
- G1 KO or vintage Defensor
- Henkei Prime, Jetfire, Silverbolt, Red Alert, Thundercracker
- FP BM + Superion upgrade sets
- Various G1 parts and weapons
- Car Robots Brave Maximus
- Alternators Rodimus, Rumble and Ravage (Jag)
- Universe Ramjet (Armada repaint)
- Various WSTs
- Winning both of the SickKids silent auctions :D

Thats about it lol :p

CJ

Tekkamanraiden
03-30-2010, 11:13 PM
1. Universe Classics Mirage
2. Junker G1 Jetfire for parts (need arms and tail fin)
3. WST Desert Warrior Snarl

Prowl_2009
03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Since MP-Grimlock is being released prior to TF-Con, I'm basically only looking for Classics Rodimus and reissue Soundwave and probably Warbot Defender, if I don't pick him up beforehand. :D

UltraMarknus
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Since MP-Grimlock is being released prior to TF-Con, I'm basically only looking for Classics Rodimus and reissue Soundwave and probably Warbot Defender, if I don't pick him up beforehand. :D

If you want Hot Rod for the Protector set...I would probably not wait until TFCon. The further along we get and closer to its release, the more expensive and hard to find he'll be. Look at Classics Magnus...his price has yet to come down even after CC has been out for a quite a while now. Search hard and long for one under $40 and buy it up! Just my 2 cents!!

Malwave
03-31-2010, 10:18 AM
If you want Hot Rod for the Protector set...I would probably not wait until TFCon. The further along we get and closer to its release, the more expensive and hard to find he'll be. Look at Classics Magnus...his price has yet to come down even after CC has been out for a quite a while now. Search hard and long for one under $40 and buy it up! Just my 2 cents!!

*snicker* I got my Hot rod new x333

nah dun worry Prowl I help you look fer one :)

Prowl_2009
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys, I really am trying to find a MOC version for under $40, but to no avail. Everyone really wants crazy prices for him and I know the closer we get to the release of the Protector set, the more he'll go up in price. :( I'll tell ya, trying to track Classics Rodimus down for under $40 for the past 2 years has been quite tiresome and I have to admit, I am losing hope of ever owning one. :(

Oh, and I also wanted to add that if I don't track him down at Zellers beforehand, I will also be looking for MISB ROTF Bruticus Maximus! If any one spots him in the Newmarket area, please PM me straight away!

Richter
03-31-2010, 11:10 PM
If ya want it bad enough, you gotta pay more :(

I want a comic grimlock at tfcon

Dragon Knight
04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Add the Korean Big Convoy to my list. :)

The 12th Prime
04-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys, I really am trying to find a MOC version for under $40, but to no avail. Everyone really wants crazy prices for him and I know the closer we get to the release of the Protector set, the more he'll go up in price. :( I'll tell ya, trying to track Classics Rodimus down for under $40 for the past 2 years has been quite tiresome and I have to admit, I am losing hope of ever owning one. :(

Oh, and I also wanted to add that if I don't track him down at Zellers beforehand, I will also be looking for MISB ROTF Bruticus Maximus! If any one spots him in the Newmarket area, please PM me straight away!
Plenty of Briticus Maximus @ Peterborough Zellers on clearance to boot $28 this week.

The 12th Prime
04-02-2010, 02:47 PM
For me I will be looking for Alternator Nemesis Prime and Jazz, any Classics Bumblebee, Mirage, Rodimus (Hot Rod), Jetfire. Titanium Rodimus, Fallen, Scourge, Jetfire, Sunstorm. Any G1 Combiner set. Henkei Astrotrain. Anybody who has these they would like to sell PM me. So glad I bought the Henkei Megatron over the Classic, way better looking with G1 paint.

Frans_Tormer
04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
It's really interesting to see the different collecting patterns in the posts. Nice to see that I am not the only one who missed out on some of the G1 reissues a few years back. No real grail for me but I am looking for:

Star Convoy w/Hot Rod,
Rodimus Prime Commemorative or Rodimus Major
Encore Metroplex
G1 Tracks Reissue
G1 Jazz Reissue
G1 Omega Supreme
....and would love a set of Henkei Mini-bots (Cosmos, Warpath, etc...).

I have been looking for a Universie Rodimus for ages as well....I refuse to pay $80 for one so I guess I will be $h!* out of luck.

Dragon Knight
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Have any of you TFCon vets ever found any DX Brave stuff at TFcon?

Richter
04-02-2010, 09:27 PM
So when are they going to announce that this years tfcon exclusive is 'evil springer'?

GMfan
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
:confused:

Mighty_Galvatron
04-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I Want It All, I Want It All!!!! And I Want It Now!!!!!

[air guitar solo]

Bruticus82
04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I think I'll try and track down a few g1 headmasters /targetmasters.

plowking
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll know what I want once I see it....

GMfan
04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
lol ^ That's how I function generally at these shows....I'll have a few things in mind but generally wind up spending more then I want to

Malwave
04-03-2010, 08:56 PM

if that was how I thought I'd be taking out a mortgage before TFcon :D

Dragon Knight
04-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Definitly gonna see if I can track down any Takara Tommy TF Animated figures.

Leozak
04-04-2010, 12:43 AM

You and me both :)

Mumps
04-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I am actually hoping to get a good chunk of my G1 buying for the year done at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo this year. Mainly cause... It'll be easier to carry home, and I won't be at TFCon on Sunday night going "Ok, I have 75 new TF's, and my bag can only hold 20... Crap!" XD

Aernaroth
04-06-2010, 12:48 PM
lol ^ That's how I function generally at these shows....I'll have a few things in mind but generally wind up spending more then I want to

More like you'll know what you want once I spot it and get you hooked.

GMfan
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
You bastard

Prowl_2009
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Looks like I am down to just Classics Rodimus and reissue Soundwave with MP-Grimlock slated for release in a month or so and having recieved Bruticus Maximus as a gift just last night. :D

Black Cat
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Just want to try and finish my BW collection. Nothing else.

The only way I'm going to spend any money outside that line is if no one is selling figures I'm looking for.

...and breakfast. :)

Scrapper6
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I wish I could go. Just because I'm curious to see what a TFCon looks like.

Sadly I have no travelling funds, no con level spending saveings saved up and no hope in Hades of getting enough before the summer.

Unless someone would be willing to sponsor me... Or I score that 150 grand with the extra... CURSE YOU 649!

Malwave
04-09-2010, 04:17 PM

The only way I'm going to spend any money outside that line is if no one is selling figures I'm looking for.

*cough*Anubus kit*cough*

:D

Black Cat
04-09-2010, 11:17 PM
*cough*Anubus kit*cough*

:D

Right. That too. :p:D

MasterGoGo
04-11-2010, 05:11 PM

uh oh, i might have competition...Are you doing any trades or selling of some of your duplicates?

I'm thinking of going this year to nab myself the BW Ravage if possible and some other BW figures.

Black Cat
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
uh oh, i might have competition...Are you doing any trades or selling of some of your duplicates?

I'm thinking of going this year to nab myself the BW Ravage if possible and some other BW figures.

Nope, purely in buy-mode. And I will make your hunt VERY difficult. :p

MasterGoGo
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Nope, purely in buy-mode. And I will make your hunt VERY difficult. :p
lol, I'm curious, how complete is your collection?

I have 25 more figures to go which excludes duplicate molds. I'm strictly collecting the North American figures+Japanese Ravage, none of that Beast Wars2/Neo stuff lol

Black Cat
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
lol, I'm curious, how complete is your collection?

I have 25 more figures to go which excludes duplicate molds. I'm strictly collecting the North American figures+Japanese Ravage, none of that Beast Wars2/Neo stuff lol

I'm gonna need a lot more than 25 figures to complete my collection, and that's just the NA figures.

MasterGoGo
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna need a lot more than 25 figures to complete my collection, and that's just the NA figures.

haha, I got an original rattrap and tm depth charge, interested?

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-13-2010, 02:26 PM

Interested in the Depth Charge.:D

Black Cat
04-13-2010, 02:44 PM

Actually, I am. :D

Sideswipe
04-14-2010, 12:41 AM
What's my sig say.... oh nothing, lol.

Um, I was wanting to pick up :

Whatever animated is unreleased (and Screamer and Greywave)

G1 Tantrum complete, one Predaking fist, I have to check which one , I have 2 of the same side, and a plastic body Rampage(no accessories needed).

Henkei Red Alert

Micromaster Patrols

Probably some random stuff.

Gee, my list is getting smaller every year...

Dragon Knight
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
So, now that we know that Power Core Combiners and Genorations are gonna be out before TF Con hits...add Power Core Combiners, War for Cybertron prime, and Battle Rollar to my list.

Mighty_Galvatron
04-16-2010, 01:12 AM
The Fleshlight. Wait, wrong convention. :eek:

GMfan
04-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Or iiiis iiiit?

Nocturn
04-16-2010, 09:38 AM
I Imagine Chris may take this opportunity to sell his used one, then?

UltraMarknus
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
OK, I've managed to piece together a beauty G1 Slugslinger...so now...I really don't know. I still need a TM Kup...but it would be depressing to go to TFCon with Kup as my "grail".

Dragon Knight
04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
What are the prices of MP Primes/Convoy usually like at this event?

SHELDONBROWN12
04-25-2010, 10:52 AM
what are the chances of finding a Predaking at tfcon?

brr-icy
04-25-2010, 11:16 AM
what are the chances of finding a Predaking at tfcon?

i can guarantee there will be a bunch of them there, but if you're trying to get a good deal, you'll have to be quick to get the maybe one or two that someone else will have

Stormrave
05-01-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm pretty friggin' broke this year but I think I might consider the reissue MP Skywarp, and I've been putting off getting G1 Thrust and G1 Ramjet for a long time, this might be the year.

Richter
05-01-2010, 06:04 AM
I'll probably be bringing a MP skywarp to sell/trade. I'll make a thread later with all the stuff I'm bringing for sale and trade

Mighty_Galvatron
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I will be looking for mostly Takara products at the show. There are a few MP figures I want and I also want to see the RotF Buster Prime 2-pack. A couple of smaller G1 bots too.

Mumps
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
My haul from the Calgary Comic Expo was weak compaired to last year, so I may end up buying a lot more than planned. But I will be focusing on G1 mostly, with a hint of Beast Wars. I do need Alts Swerve and Decepticharge, but... what are the chances of finding those at a decent price? haha

Big Filipino
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Not sure if there would necessarily be more of these in Canada then in the US, but I'd like to find a red face G1 Slag.

skinsquad
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Henkei Hot Rod
Classics Hot Rod
Alternity Red Convoy
Predaking Reissue
G1 Headmasters
G1 Thunderclash
G2 Boss

Updated 05/05/10

Mighty_Galvatron
05-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't mind finding Takara Masterpiece Starscream and Ultra Magnus for reasonable prices.

QuadESL63
05-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Impossible Toys Arcee, if it were released, MP Thundercracker, Binaltech Wheeljack, and may be even a Galaxy Shuttle from G1 Victory, if could find one.

Alexander Quinn
05-09-2010, 05:11 PM
My wife just told me that my anniversary present this year is getting to go on Saturday, so my mind is still bouncing with possibilities! :) I'd like to finally snag a Cybertron Wing Saber, an RID Prime and pretty much any variation of the Classics Prime mold. Might also look for an Armada Overload, Beast Wars Dinobot and Megatron (and maybe Tarantulus) and Energon Dark Scorponok, Mirage and Beach Comber. Since funds will be short, I think I'll be hitting up YouTube reviews to see which ones I want the most. :)

emrjb1
05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
can anyone tell me if Sunday is devoted to all vintage/new toys like last year? Or is this strictly 2 days of Transformers?

Tekkamanraiden
05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
According to the postcard I got at the Canadian Collectable Toy Expo in Burlington it will be the 80's Expo on the Sunday July 18th.

Code of Honor
05-13-2010, 11:57 PM
can anyone tell me if Sunday is devoted to all vintage/new toys like last year? Or is this strictly 2 days of Transformers?

It's going to be the same as last year, dealer room packed full of all the toy you love, with tons of Transformers programing.

sachiel_ca
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Hard to say what with all the great stuff out there, but,

-ears for my G1 Shockwave (poor guy)
-G1 Wheeljack
-complete Overlord (someday.....mabey this year?)
-any seekers I don't already have, any series
-encore Megs
-reissue Omega

Things just keep popping into my head.
Gonna be an hard on the wallet this year me thinks.

Dragon Knight
06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Say, do any of the dealers sell repolabels there? I'm going to be in need of a couple of autobot ones for my Warbot, City Commander, and DIA Powered Commander

chans formers
06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Say, do any of the dealers sell repolabels there? I'm going to be in need of a couple of autobot ones for my Warbot, City Commander, and DIA Powered Commanderthe last two years in a row that i've been there reprolabels had a booth.pretty busy,but bear with them and be patient,it'll pay off.
i scored a nice shiny new set of decals for starsaber there last year......no shipping;)

Janitor
06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
^Yeah I remember Reprolabels last year. Anyone got confirmation about this year, or should I see about sending them an email asking directly?

I already got quite the list going, a few more and it looks like I'll be plunking down $100 on "stickers" alone :D

Cheers Ian
06-17-2010, 08:29 PM
If anyone is planning on getting reprolabels, you should really email them first and get them to put aside the labels for you. They don't tend to bring their whole catalog with them.

Send them an email, they will make an envelope for you with the stickers you requested and then you pay them at the show.

It's that easy!

Cheers!
-Ian

Dragon Knight
06-18-2010, 04:53 PM
^Yeah I remember Reprolabels last year. Anyone got confirmation about this year, or should I see about sending them an email asking directly?

I already got quite the list going, a few more and it looks like I'll be plunking down $100 on "stickers" alone :D

I sent them an E-mail about it, and yeah there gonna be at TFcon again this year.

QuadESL63
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Impossible Toys Arcee, if it were released, MP Thundercracker, Binaltech Wheeljack, and may be even a Galaxy Shuttle from G1 Victory, if could find one.

Got Binaltech Wheeljack!! One down, few more to go :p

May be if I see those Botcon 2010 attendees exclusives I may grab a couple of them...

Cheers Ian
06-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Changed my list quite a bit since I last posted. Now I'm looking for

-G1 Headmasters Brainstorm
-Headrobots Hardhead Upgrade (if it's released by then)
-Impossible Toys Arcee

I'm really going to try to be conservative with my purchases this year. I always tend to buy a bunch of stuff on impulse only to regret it later.

I might even look at buying some big ticket G1 items if I can find them at a reasonable price.

Cheers!
-Ian

Dragon Knight
06-28-2010, 06:19 PM
My list is now looking like this...

1: City COmmander
2: Warbot Defender
3: Britucus Upgrade set(Assume they'll be out in time for the con)
4: Alternity Ultra Magnus
5: Alternity Questers
6: Takara Animated Optimus Prime
7: Repolabels for City Commander and Warbot

I already found a Henkei Convoy at Anime North, so that's off the list. :D

Bruticus82
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I have a few junkers/parts that I'm looking for. Other than that, I think I'll try and hunt down some G1 figures, maybe:
Grotusque
Sandstorm
Some minibots
Some headmasters/targetmasters...

Richter
06-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Looking for
Henkei Crystal Convoy
Comic Masterpiece Grimlock

Hopefully I can find something cheaper than the crazy ebay prices for these guys!

SHELDONBROWN12
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I was looking for a Predaking but managed to find one allready, my new list is MP starscream, MP grimlock, G1 scorponok, Nightwatch optimus prime, G1 shockwave, and a few other odds and ends...i need some pieces to complete my fortress maximus, do you think i will have any luck finding them at tfcon?

Mumps
06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
For my wallet's sake, I am going to focus mainly on completing my Micromaster collection, however I really do want a bunch of the G1's that I am missing. Any of the Headmasters, Shockwave, Combiners, Dinobots, Star Saber and Victory Leo, damn... there are too many to list that I want but don't have!

UltraMarknus
06-29-2010, 11:57 AM
I was looking for a Predaking but managed to find one allready, my new list is MP starscream, MP grimlock, G1 scorponok, Nightwatch optimus prime, G1 shockwave, and a few other odds and ends...i need some pieces to complete my fortress maximus, do you think i will have any luck finding them at tfcon?

Yes, there are a few parts dealers there with a good assortment. One year I went with a buddy and he spent a good hour with a parts dealer notching stuff off his list. I don't know the seller's name but he was a nice guy. I remember he was set up in the middle section of tables in the rear left corner of the bunch.

Phalanx
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I need a Classics Prime since my original one has been tasked as a Powered Commander skeleton.

The rest will largely depend on budget, but mostly G1s and G1 reissues.

I'll be looking for non-TF stuff, too, particularly the transforming Revoltech Macross toys and stuff from the Anniversary GI Joe line.

nicoath
07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
i can guarantee there will be a bunch of them there, but if you're trying to get a good deal, you'll have to be quick to get the maybe one or two that someone else will have

What's considered a deal and what would be a more "regular" price for the Predaking giftset?

My expected loot:
G1 Giftset Predaking
Another set of Botcon 2009 Sweeps
Henkei Wildrider

Plus, picking up my Rapido & Sharkticons

Uberman
07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
My big-ticket items are Universe Nemesis Prime [mammoth] (or, failing that, Big Convoy), RM Lio Convoy, Magmatron, Cybertron Optimus, Classics Megatron [I'd prefer the Henkei version], all at comfortable prices. I don't wanna spend a mint on any of these, but I'd love to have each of them. Ahh, that's the dream.

Dragon Knight
07-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Kinda off topic but...what are the chances that I can find on card Power Rangers stuff at the 80s portion of the show?

Rietzey
07-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Since I got one of my wants (Henkei Red Alert), have another preordered (Red Alternity Convoy), and am definitely going, it's now hoping (presumably in vain) for a reasonable SG Prime, Rodimus and Grimlock. Might also look at filling out my Decepticon Alternators (Shockwave, Rumble, Ravage and Decepticharge) as well as Botcon 2010 attendee exclusives if I haven't managed to get them beforehand.

And I'm sure if I haven't gotten any of the Generations figures before then and someone's selling, I'll happily buy them.

Dragon Knight
07-05-2010, 12:27 AM
After seeing pics, I might get the Masterpeice Ghost Starscream if I can get it for a good enough price.

Maloknazh
07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Myself, im looking for:

Botcon 2010 Box set
Botcon Rapido and at least 1 Botcon Sharkticon
Universe Starscream
Universe Galvatron
G1 Soundwave
Any other G1 toys :D

UltraPrimal
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
1. BotCon 2006 Megatron
3. Botcon 2006 Tigatron
4. Greatshot
5. Energon Ultra Magnus
6. Primal Prime
7. Tripredicus
8. TM2 Blackarachnia(earlier version preferable)
9. Rattrap(Original)
10. Sonic Assault Mini-Con Team
11. Henkei Cyclonus
12. Henkei Hot Rod
13. Alternity Bumble/Cliff
14. G1 GoBots
15. GI Joe 25th Anniversary 5-Pack
16. Cobra 25th Anniversary 5-Pack

Well, I knocked a few things off my list at Comic Con Toronto and BotCon, but still lots I'm looking for, and more.

Dragon Knight
07-09-2010, 11:24 AM
1: City COmmander
2: Warbot Defender
3:TFCC Punch/Counter Punch
4: Alternity Ultra Magnus
5: Alternity Questers
6: Takara Animated Optimus Prime
7: Repolabels for City Commander and Warbot

Updated

bushilla
01-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Need an MP-08X King Grimlock. Desperate

Undrave
01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
If I go... anything Beast Wars I think look cool... a couple of Cybertron dudes and maybe some PRID stuff we never got if they can be had for a decent price.

mesh
03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
This is for sale!
Need to clear out whatever I have left and wanna stick to only master piece figures.
If you have a "want" please message me to see if i have it.

BT SMOKESCREEN
BT SIDESWIPE
BT TRACKS (YELLOW AND BLUE)
BT JAZZ (WHITE AND RED)
BT HOUND
CLASSICS/GENERATIONS:
WHEELJACK
HOUND W/RAVAGE
CYCLONUS
SCOURGE
THUNDERCRACKER
THRUST
DIRGE
REFLECTOR
KUP
RED ALERT
RODIMUS PRIME
AND LIST GOES ON....
BH VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME
ROTF HUMAN ALIANCE BB
(MAYBE) MP MEGATRON
ROTF LEADER CLASS JETFIRE
ANIMATED VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME
ANIMATED RODIMUS MINOR
and I got more that I have to get rid of before the baby is born.....

Nullray
03-14-2013, 06:14 PM
I know it hasn't been listed yet but I am hoping to continue my SDCC #7 GIJoe/TF Crossover collection. Hopefully a few make it that way to pick up. Also whatver Hasbro puts out for their Transformers SDCC big release. Hoping it is the Generations Metrotitan.

UltraMarknus
03-14-2013, 07:26 PM
If budget permits...I'd like to get a MIB G1 Optimus Prime once and for all.

Window
03-16-2013, 08:48 PM
If I go I'd be looking for a MT Green Giant.

FEZaid
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Animated figures

Dragon Knight
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Might finish my TFPrime cast, as I'm missing Ratchet, Bulkhead and Knockout. Also might track down the FansProject not Stunticons.

Knockout
03-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Masterpiece Sideswipe. I was going to say Skyquake. But I broke and brought him online.

plowking
03-17-2013, 01:38 PM
if I don't have one by then, I'll try and find a good deal on a MMC Warper.

vectorsigma2
03-17-2013, 09:42 PM
A GMFan

The Great Scrotum
03-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I will be looking for anything fansproject related. It's City Commander's 5th Anniversary come September 8th. Check the release date HERE (http://fansprojectcore.com/product/tfx-01-city-commander).

Pgianos
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Many people I see are looking for MP Grimlock - i got mine for 180.. the cheapest ive seen it sell for in canada is 160 MISB so dont be expecting any deal at TFCon you will be sorely dissapointed unfortunately

hardreturn
04-02-2013, 11:33 PM
onyx primal, black fire convoy

other than that, anything unique.

fraenhawk
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
How does the conversion work at TFCon on the dealer floor? I've been to Canada a few times and some places will do a $1-$1 conversion, others will only take Canadian currency? I'm just wondering if I need to be converting prices in my head on to what my goal US price is in mind, or if I see something for say $50 I just take it at face value.

edit: of course that's assuming there's much of a difference between our currencies by then. I just noticed they're practically dead even currently.

Super_Megatron
04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
If they are dead even then most people will take it at par. It's always best to get Canadian money when travelling to Canada however.

Dark Rage
04-11-2013, 09:55 PM
You can go to any major bank in Canada (TD, CIBC, Scotiabank, RBC, BMO) and exchange it for CDN currency, I don't believe you have to be a client at any of these banks. Most sellers would take it on parity.

LadyBug
04-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm mostly looking for a Voyager! Skyquake. Other then that, I may pick up a few Beast Hunters (show only) characters.

Sunstar
05-02-2013, 12:59 AM
I typically look for anything Starscream.

I may need to keep a checklist handy, since I am getting forgetful as to what I have these days. lol

Coralle
05-02-2013, 02:23 AM
It really depends on how much I manage to save up before the convention, but I'll probably be looking for either G1 or TFA Stunticons.. and maybe an Arms Micron Breakdown. ;D

Matrix_Holder
05-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Some kind of transforming robot dealie I think...IDK.

Janitor
05-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Some kind of transforming robot dealie I think...IDK.

Gobits?

Big Filipino
05-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Not sure how easy it will be but I'm looking for a G1 Canadian Slag. I have one but the chest chrome has definitely seen better days so I wouldn't mind upgrading.

May also be looking to pick up a G1 Highbrow to complete my G1 Autobot quartet.

j_logik
05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
MP09 v2
MP14
Quakewave
G1 Siren
G1 Tech Specs
G1 Decepticon Junior HM's
G1 Autobot Pretenders

I'm hoping some of the vendors are fully stocked.....I'd rather support this community than eBay scalpers!

PrimeCron
05-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Probably a MISB Takara G1 Reissue 2010 Predaking... enough said...

LadyBug
05-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I've been finding that I have more of a toy list hunt then I originally thought I did. I hope to find (Prime toys): SDCC! Cliffjumper (if he's a reasonable price), Voyager! Skyquake, deluxe! Skywarp, Voyager! Silas Breakdown and then whatever other deluxes I have may have missed. I am only collecting show-only characters of the Beast Hunters line since most of it's fugly. I'll have to go through my collection though before TFCon to write down what I am missing.

plowking
05-16-2013, 07:00 PM
I hope to find an iGear Tubes for a good price.

brr-icy
05-16-2013, 07:40 PM
victory saber

Malwave
05-16-2013, 07:45 PM
victory saber

not if I find it first! >:| :p

wervenom
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I want a replacement MP Grimmy and I think I will bite the bullet and hope for a G1 Trypticon since I've had no luck getting one

FEZaid
05-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Energon Landmind / Landshark, classics Ultra Magnus, FOC Starscream

Dynamo.Dave
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Cybertron-Evac-mold Springer (the one that came with Ratbat, but I don't want Ratbat)
Mp Grimlock
Warper/Stormer
FOC G2 Bruticus

brr-icy
05-16-2013, 09:25 PM

i keel you!

Malwave
05-16-2013, 09:26 PM
i keel you!

I keel you first. :p

Cliffjumper69
05-19-2013, 11:27 AM

Doubt you'll be able to lowball a seller under $200 kid :primelaugh:

Shockwave 75
05-30-2013, 09:44 AM
If I have enough cash this year I'm considering picking up Encore Fort Max, but that would likely be my entire budget. I'm not sure if I'd rather get 1 huge expensive thing that I kind of already have (I have Brave Max), or be able to get a bunch of stuff that I need.

Perceptor
05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Maybe MP10
Also would like a FE Prime voyager Optimus, better if loose.

freakx2001
05-31-2013, 08:56 AM
A couple G1 Predacons, Computron Pieces (fists/feet), G1 StarScream, and some accessories.

& a Star Wars Vintage Collection Royal Guard

tusko
05-31-2013, 09:22 AM
I am a sucker for cheap junkers, but I doubt I'd find that kinda stuff there.

Mostly parts I think for me:
Head for my Mindwipe body? The past TFcon exclusives if any are kicking around.
MTMTE makes me want versions of Swerve.
Reprolable stickers.

I'll edit this post more as my greed consumes me.

alpha
05-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Im looking for mp grimlock and maybe mp siseswipe but also Hercules and any alternators

DestronDecepticon23
06-07-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm sort of in an Energon mood this year. I kind of hope I can find an Energon Cruellock or Sixshot. It would be so nice if I could find Beast Wars Returns Strika or Megabolt there, but those chances are slim. XD

I'm kind of hoping to pick up Botcon Strika and Obsidian id they somehow come loose or not with the rest of the Boxset.

Knockout
06-07-2013, 11:07 PM
So I was all MP Sideswipe! But my sister got me a wave 2 verison that has ZERO deflects for my birthday last month. Since BBTS decided to not know what is going on with Springer and Blitzwing, brought both from Amazon.com with UPS shipping on Weds and it was still cheaper and they are already here! So now I zero idea.

Woundave
06-08-2013, 12:44 AM
last year was my first TFCon.

is classics or henkei Jetfire a reasonable thing to hope for?

assuming ebay prices are in the range i wouldnt shell out anywhere near $150 for a henkei version - so is hoping to find a classics jetfire for 60-70 a realistic goal the weekend?

DestronDecepticon23
06-08-2013, 04:59 PM
^
I'd say that's rather realistic. I know I've definitely seen him there before, he might be a tad more expensive than that though.

Malwave
06-08-2013, 06:41 PM

assuming ebay prices are in the range i wouldnt shell out anywhere near $150 for a henkei version - so is hoping to find a classics jetfire for 60-70 a realistic goal the weekend?

considering I hope to find a Victory Leo, nothing is unrealistic ;)

chans formers
06-09-2013, 12:55 PM
either third party or japanese g1 stuff is what i'll mostly be hunting for.
that and whatever catches my eye,along with "bashables";)

DestronDecepticon23
06-09-2013, 04:54 PM
I guess I'll also be on the lookout for Botcon 2011 Fisitron, Autotroopers and Toxtiron.

Also, considering that Venus Terzo is a guest this year, does anyone think it will be likely that there might be Telemocha Black Widows/ Blackarachnias being sold?

Dragon Knight
06-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Add the Transformers Go! Samurai Team on my list. Maybe the Ninja team if they're out by then.

Shepp
06-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Takara Beast Wars Neo Unicron Prototype. *crosses fingers*

PrimeCron
06-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Back at square one!!!

mapatel
06-16-2013, 11:05 PM
I'll be looking for stuff from Cybertron like wing saber and starscream, Also ill be on the lookout for a hasbro dreadwing and hopefully snag some vehicons for my paint projects. Really can get enough of that mold :D.

OLDMR
06-17-2013, 03:29 PM
MP Grimlock, & Red Alert

j_logik
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
My list is updated now thanks to some fortunate hunting. Hopefully I can score the following now.

Takara Masterpeice MP09 v2
Takara Masterpiece MP14
G1 Horri-bull
Igear Tubes
G1 Japanese Victory figs - MIB
JB Power of Destruction kit for Devs

I recall seeing one of the dealers with an v2 MP09 at the 80's expo earlier this year, if he/she is on this board.....please get in touch with me!!

Big Filipino
06-17-2013, 10:13 PM
I'd really like to finish off my G1 Springer. If someone has a spare blade/sword please lmk. Thanks

UltraMagnus69
06-17-2013, 10:19 PM
MP Grimlock, & Red Alert

We will make it our mission to get you a transforming T. rex of any kind lol.

I'm looking for mp Rodimus' trailer and the last two tfc uranos pieces.

Grimtron
06-17-2013, 10:33 PM
I will be on the look out for combiners

T9S4N
06-17-2013, 11:01 PM
A few classics and beast wars. Hopefully some third party(probably fansproject) and a long shot for mp sideswipe and starscream.

As well as trying to get rid of a SDCC Nemesis prime and classics rodimus... ;)

Big Filipino
06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
A few classics and beast wars. Hopefully some third party(probably fansproject) and a long shot for mp sideswipe and starscream.

As well as trying to get rid of a SDCC Nemesis prime and classics rodimus... ;)

Shot you a PM as I have some items on your want list. :highfive:

MISB Soundwave
06-18-2013, 04:41 PM
I will be selling some movie figs and Power Core Combiners

Knockout
06-18-2013, 07:13 PM
BH Ultra Magnus if I do not find him by then.

FEZaid
06-18-2013, 07:15 PM
That Perfect Effects Blackarachnia, it doesn't seem to have been released yet but hopefully at TFcon

Big Filipino
06-19-2013, 03:24 PM
BH Ultra Magnus if I do not find him by then.
If you don't have him by then, let me know. I currently have one available.

Deefuzz
06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
LEGO! :)

Preferably anything classic space or the other space lines from the 80's/90's :)

dingd0ng
06-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Looking for some Alternity like GoldBug and Cliffjumper MISB. Some other Takara products.

Bruticus82
06-21-2013, 11:13 PM

Preferably anything classic space or the other space lines from the 80's/90's :)

I have to tell you, I have seen relatively little vintage lego at TFCon on either the Saturday or Sunday.

That said, if there is anything there, you'll have to fight me for it. Lego space is my favourite lego system. ;)

Deefuzz
06-22-2013, 01:25 AM
I have to tell you, I have seen relatively little vintage lego at TFCon on either the Saturday or Sunday.

That said, if there is anything there, you'll have to fight me for it. Lego space is my favourite lego system. ;)

Yeah there was one booth last year that had quite a bit on Sunday. I didn't end up buying anything from there but it was nice to see

UltraPrimal
07-15-2013, 08:33 PM
If I buy anything, besides the exclusives, it'll be Hexatron, if he's there. I hope he's there. He should be there. It's about time he get released.

northren prime
07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
looking to get a encore fort max and a few repro label sets

Metroplex79
07-15-2013, 10:48 PM

I'll have some vintage Lego minifigs for the Sunday portion.

Unfortunately, they're Police and random City folks.

chroma23
07-15-2013, 11:08 PM
looking to get a bunch of g1 repolabels and hopefully an excellent condition G1 powermaster getaway complete

......and complete my pending trades of course

The 12th Prime
07-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Hmmm a few pending sales and buys already set up and we'll see where my wallet takes me. I might bite on an Asia Exclusive Bruticus set if it's reasonably priced or buy the Takara FOC Bruticus set maybe even the ACE Seeker Elite set so I can sell my Henkei versions after some possible modifications of course :) Also 3rd party stuff is an option :)

UltraPrimal
07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a BotCon Obsidian and Strika because my hook up failed to come through for me. :mad:

The 12th Prime
07-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a BotCon Obsidian and Strika because my hook up failed to come through for me. :mad:

Aw that sucks Dude! Sorry to hear that!

UltraPrimal
07-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Aw that sucks Dude! Sorry to hear that!
Thanks! Yeah, it really makes you think about who your real friends are when one goes back on a promise in the name of gross profit.

Commandoclone87
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM

Rumor is that Jetfire is getting a rerelease as part of the Thrilling 30 lineup. There were some images on Tformers last week showing Jetfire toys that had paint schemes different from the Hasbro and Takara releases

Metroplex79
07-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Given some serious thoughts...

Other than G1 parts and various other accessories that I need/want:
-MISB Encore Fort Max (at a reasonable price)
-loose complete Cybertron Unicron (at a reasonable price)

Swalloweddark
07-20-2013, 08:33 PM
-Hasbro MP Soundwave at retail price

-Prowl and Jazz stuff~

I basically have bought all recent releases in the US. just got Sandstorm today :)

Hobbyist Prime
07-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Top of my list is an SDCC Metroplex but I am trying to not go crazy as I am planning on buying a 3D printer from makerbot in the near future!

dingd0ng
07-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Rumor is that Jetfire is getting a rerelease as part of the Thrilling 30 lineup. There were some images on Tformers last week showing Jetfire toys that had paint schemes different from the Hasbro and Takara releases

I think the one your referring to is the Asian Exclusive Jerfire for the HK ACG Toy Show. Being released mid August, Chimungmung.com has them for preorder. I am thinking 9d getting one. But might try to find the Dark Henkei Jetfire at TFCON.

ChemPrime
07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd love to get my hands on a BW Magnaboss. It was my very first figure!

acemilo
07-23-2013, 12:15 AM
Definitely hoping FP is selling the glacial lords because I want those. Other than that, I wanna find a misb encore omega supreme and misb encore skylinx. Maybe a few other g1 figures if I can find good prices. Other than that, just what I see that I want. I got everything I REALLY wanted last year including all 5 dinobots complete and a trypticon complete.

typev3
07-23-2013, 04:42 AM
Initially nothing. But lately I've been really wanting MMC Terminus Hexatron. That or Perfect Effect's Blackaracnia.

Ninjatron
07-23-2013, 04:20 PM
I've missed out on a lot from the past year, so I just really want to catch up a bit.

I'll be after things like the 4 TRU Exclusive Generations deluxes (Springer, Wheelie, Swerve, Cliffjumper) and the G2 FOC Bruticus set. But really I'm looking for anything I can get at a good price.

Sayonara.

Dragon Knight
07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Decided to make my list a little more organized:

Dr.Wu Star Sabres
Make Toys Paladin
Whatever exclusive Fansproject is putting out
FE or PRID Bulkhead, whichever one I can find the cheapest.

brr-icy
07-25-2013, 10:06 PM
probably the prid one, fe is still a much better mold though