PDA

View Full Version : New Unite For The Universe Powered Up Optimus Prime Combo Images

Super_Megatron
02-16-2010, 12:40 AM
New Unite For The Universe Powered Up Optimus Prime Combo Images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-unite-for-the-universe-powered-up-optimus-prime-combo-images-169187/)

Category: Transformers Movie Toys & Products

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Dragon Knight
02-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I might have to buy this as a cheaper alternative to the Leader

Pascal
02-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Looks like a fun set. Deco looks pretty good on Prime too.

jackwacko
02-16-2010, 01:33 AM
The Jet thruster Truck looks pretty crazy... The dead carcass combiner looks much better than the Leader one. Might buy it to have a combined Jetprime beside the Leader version.

Pascal
02-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Thinking about it... People kept complaining about Combiner Devastator not being able to achieve all the individual robot modes, that it was lazy designing, blah, blah, blah... Are people going to say the same thing about this Jetfire not being able to transform into his jet mode or robot mode?

onecoin
02-16-2010, 01:46 AM
Thinking about it... People kept complaining about Combiner Devastator not being able to achieve all the individual robot modes, that it was lazy designing, blah, blah, blah... Are people going to say the same thing about this Jetfire not being able to transform into his jet mode or robot mode?

I'll be the first!

Nah. The Powered up Prime looks pretty sick. Stack Cannons and the Jetfire cannon. But Its a hard sell for me for just one decent mode. Maybe if they sold the Jetfire seperately.

jackwacko
02-16-2010, 01:49 AM

You do have a point there.. But then again since that was $100 people were more ticked since at that price point you'd expect some individual modes.. Oh well at least The Jetfire carcass acts as nice combiner kibble.

TheLogicalProwl
02-16-2010, 02:52 AM

Yes. I have a crazy little demand from my transformers. They have to actually transform. Call me wacky.

I fail to see why I should buy this when I have Leader Prime and Jetfire that combine with each other. And looks pretty cool to boot.

Mighty_Galvatron
02-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Neat set. And yes the colours on Prime are looking nice. I have enough RotF though - I'd maybe pick it up when its on clearance for a reasonable amount.

Lysist
02-16-2010, 03:22 AM
It looks nice. as a person who has not bought one of the dozen or so Voyager prime repaints. I might actually buy this one. Though I feel for everyone who has one of the originals.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Kinda bugs me that they used the old, shitty Voyager Prime mould for this when there's a new one with a much better transformation coming out on a few months.

Cheers Ian
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
If this ever comes out to retail in North America, i'd probably grab it. I wouldn't pay the high import price though!

Cheers!
-Ian

Ultra Maverick
02-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Looks like we get the Voyager with the added sword(s)

I will probably pick this up, solely becasue this looks like the armour is easy to put on and take off.
Leader Prime and Jetfire were so difficult to fit together that I haven't touched them since. I got the combination finnally after like an hour and displayed it right away... and there it stands.

This one looks like it would have a little more playability, something for the office desk.

renegade_decepticon
02-16-2010, 12:25 PM
very impressive i'm getting this one for sure, but i highly doubt hasbro will be realeasing this in the US or Canada this might be another japanese exclusive.

Prowl_2009
02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
A neat set with good decos that I may have to buy. :D

Stapler
02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
This would make a pretty cool movie Thunderclash! I might have to pick this guy up if he comes to North America so I can repaint him.

Autobot Hound
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
That looks reeeeeeelly sweet!!! I was always hoping maybe leader prime would get that treatment. But voyager looks pretty good.

Im also curious if this will be compatible with the new rotf voyager prime.....????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/Battle-Blades-Optimusvoyager.jpg

now how much better would that be!!!

Lysist
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
very impressive i'm getting this one for sure, but i highly doubt hasbro will be realeasing this in the US or Canada this might be another japanese exclusive.

It will be comming out in North America. Why would they show it in New York if it was Tak/tomy only. It would be like showing Animated at Wonderfest 2 years ago.....

Alexander Quinn
02-16-2010, 03:33 PM
The rocket truck mode is just stupid, but at a decent retail price point I'd pick him up for the combined mode. I love my Leader JetPrime, when you fiddle with enough of the transformation to make him look cool at least, but it's so time consuming and difficult to assemble them that the fun factor kinda dies a bit. That, and I'm always frightened I'm going to poke my eye out on a engine thruster or energon blade if my hands slips while tyring to force those two together. This version seems like it has a less deadly factor. :)

Pascal
02-16-2010, 03:41 PM
It will be comming out in North America. Why would they show it in New York if it was Tak/tomy only. It would be like showing Animated at Wonderfest 2 years ago.....

It wasn't shown or displayed in New York, all the pics regarding this set have come from Japan so far.