PDA

View Full Version : Photos from the Toy Fair 2010 Hasbro Presentation

Super_Megatron
02-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Photos from the Toy Fair 2010 Hasbro Presentation (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/photos-from-the-toy-fair-2010-hasbro-presentation-169182/)

Category: Toy Fair

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

KBlurr
02-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Nothing interests me other than Drift and MP Grimlock.

Elita-1 is on my list. My thoughts: she'd better combine with Arcee & Chromia.:mad:

Stapler
02-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Elita-1 is on my list. My thoughts: she'd better combine with Arcee & Chromia.:mad:

Apparently she does from what we've been told but she looks like she's just a repaint of Chromia.

Cheers Ian
02-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Glad Blaster is getting a reiusse

"Straxus" is the only one out of that lot I'm interested in.

Cheers!
-Ian

Ultra Maverick
02-14-2010, 05:58 PM
can't wait to see the combined modes of the PCC groups shown

Mighty_Galvatron
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM
What the heck is Elita 1? Is she supposed to be that purple bike? Are we getting a purple bike?

Prowl_2009
02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I am so glad Blaster is getting a reissue! That was the whole reason I passed on the Universe Blaster that was going for $10 this year, I was hoping to see a 2010 Blaster reissue! :D

chroma23
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
dumb question....that battle blades optimus prime, is that really a voyager figure? correct me if i am wrong but it looks awfully like the leader class one, did they mistakenly write voyager instead of leader class?
________
Michigan medical marijuana (http://michigan.dispensaries.org/)

brr-icy
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
battle blades is a voyager

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Looks cool, though.

Although it makes me wonder what they'll do when TF3 comes out. There's not much that they can really do with the main characters at this point, toy-wise, so unless they all get smashed and rebuilt in the next film we're in for pretty much an entire line of redecos. Not something I'm looking forward to.

As for the rest of the pictures, I like that we're getting more than just Superion and Bruticus as 5-part combiners, although I wish that they'd made their Menasor homage a bit more accurate by making the centre figure a semi-truck instead of another car. Still, it'll be fun to mix and match these guys around, especially since they look like they'll be fairly cheap.

Darkmount also looks pretty cool, although as I've never really followed the comics I don't know much about his character. Might try to pick up some old trade paperbacks once this figure's released.

The two new Scouts shown here aren't in the "OMG must have it!" category (unlike the '40s car shown in other threads) but still look pretty nice. I'll probably be picking up Insecticon, at least. Breacher looks nice, too, but doesn't really stand out.

Elita-1 looks every bit as shitty as her sisters. Unless their combined form is absolutely mindblowing, I'll have absolutely no regrets about passing on all three of these.

Hailstorm looks nice, but again has nothing to really distinguish him and make him a must-buy. I might pick him up as the second figure in a BOGO deal, but I don't see myself paying full price for him.

Sidearm Sideswipe's an easy pass. The swords were one of the coolest parts of the original toy, and it looks like all we got in exchange is some more backpack-kibble. Not too fond of the colour scheme, either.

Going to skip the Legends, too. If I buy a Legends Long Haul it'll be the combining version, and I already have the Beachcomber mould and see no need to get it again.

TheLogicalProwl
02-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Please stop issuing repaints before asking us, the collectors first to see if we will buy them. Because otherwise you will be stuck with lots of figures that you just can't sell. Don't expect the little kids to buy them, because no little kid can convince their parents, in this economy, to buy the exact same figure in a different colour.

Oh yes, and while I am at it, NO MORE BUMBLEBEES! I only need two or three, not eight (nothing to do with this thread, but I want to complain).

Your bestest bud,

The Logical Prowl

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2010, 07:43 PM
You know, something occurs to me. The original G1 Insecticons (at least, the non-Deluxe ones shown in the Cartoon) transformed into a stag beetle, a boll weevil and a fly. Since then, we've had three figures with the name Insecticon, one of which (the Beast Wars version) transformed into a stag beetle, one of which (Energon version) transformed into a boll weevil and one (new RotF version) transforming into a fly. It's as if Hasbro's had a plan at work that took nearly a decade and a half to execute.

Pascal
02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Information overload... Don't know where to start, don't have the time to read all the comments in the various threads. Yay to:

-Human Alliance Jazz
-all the combiners
-all the new movie molds

What are the allspark blue square connectors for on the Powercore combiners?

Did I just see a Ravage-esque movie-esque alligator-former?

Movie Activators are disapointing though, they didn't have to give them the deformed look, the Animated Activators weren't like that...

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
For those who were wondering, here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/collecticon/4353988013/sizes/o/)'s a picture of the new RotF Activators. Looks like they're going for a "fake chest with lots of backpack kibble" look with these ones. Disappointing.

renegade_decepticon
02-14-2010, 09:46 PM
none of these new molds that are coming later this year really don't interest me but darkmount is another intereting tank transformer i might want to get.

Glad to see that masterpiece grimlock is getting a offcial hasbro release and it looks like he comes with the golden crown from the comics. thats SOLD!

Reissue G1 Blaster looks like it's worth to buy including 3 tapes thats also SOLD.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2010, 10:02 PM
none of these new molds that are coming later this year really don't interest me but darkmount is another intereting tank transformer i might want to get.
He's actually an homage to Straxus, who was apparently a pretty major character in the original Marvel comics. He was leader of the Decepticons for a little while from what I gather (although that isn't really much of an accomplishment. Pretty much every Decepticon was made leader at at least one point in the Marvel comics. Well, everyone except Starscream, that is.)

Jonnydark
02-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Drift and cybertron bumblebee look fantastic. Those are sure buys for me... And that hound... overall i like what i see.

JLvatron
02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
You know, something occurs to me. The original G1 Insecticons (at least, the non-Deluxe ones shown in the Cartoon) transformed into a stag beetle, a boll weevil and a fly. Since then, we've had three figures with the name Insecticon, one of which (the Beast Wars version) transformed into a stag beetle, one of which (Energon version) transformed into a boll weevil and one (new RotF version) transforming into a fly. It's as if Hasbro's had a plan at work that took nearly a decade and a half to execute.

So Weevil from Veronica Mars was really an Insecticon tribute?
COOOL!! :)

(seriously, thanks for the info, I had no idea)

For those who were wondering, here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/collecticon/4353988013/sizes/o/)'s a picture of the new RotF Activators. Looks like they're going for a "fake chest with lots of backpack kibble" look with these ones. Disappointing.

I question the morality of fake TF chests. :confused:

Wayward
02-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Ahem: STRAAAAAAAAAXUSSSSSSSSSS!

Or Darkmount, whatever, sure, name him after his house. Point is, that is a Straxus right down to the silly red triangles and I have been wanting and craving a Straxus for years. Now, Hasbro, conjure for me the Liege Maximo.

The original G1 Insecticons (at least, the non-Deluxe ones shown in the Cartoon) transformed into a stag beetle, a boll weevil and a fly. Grasshopper. Kickback was a grasshopper, not a fly. This new Insecticon is, at a stretch, a winged ant.

( StraxusStraxusStraxusglee! )