PDA

View Full Version : Official Transformers Powercore Combiners 5 Pack Images from Toy Fair 2010

Super_Megatron
02-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Official Transformers Powercore Combiners 5 Pack Images from Toy Fair 2010 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/official-transformers-powercore-combiners-5-pack-images-from-toy-fair-2010-169178/)

Category: Toy Fair

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Benzo
02-14-2010, 01:34 AM
hmm.. is it me or does it look like the limbs have no robot modes? either way I'm passing on this line. just does not do it for me..

JaySmith
02-14-2010, 01:41 AM
hmm.. is it me or does it look like the limbs have no robot modes? either way I'm passing on this line. just does not do it for me..

I actually think you're right Benzo.... what a disappointing line to say the least.

Benzo
02-14-2010, 01:42 AM
I actually think you're right Benzo.... what a disappointing line to say the least.

yeah I just found this picture and they are drones

http://bwtf.com/?q=gallery&g2_itemId=10656&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

JaySmith
02-14-2010, 01:47 AM
yeah I just found this picture and they are drones

http://bwtf.com/?q=gallery&g2_itemId=10656&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

*yawn* BORING! You'd think Hasbro would have taken note of how well there non-transforming Devastator is selling. lol However, if he ever hits $25.00 I MAY consider buying him. lol

Matrix_Holder
02-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Its just like energon prime only on a smaller scale and there are more drones to have different combos and they can connect to all the other scouts in the line.
10 scout "leaders" (2 different heads, 1 scout, 1 combiner) +4 sets of drones = a vast variety of combined modes.

Nocturn
02-14-2010, 02:00 AM
Exactly, it's like the Main guys go around fighting for the "weapons" which gives them POWER ARMOR.

Because there are fewer 5-packs than 2-packs, the play value goes through the roof. (We've seen four 5 packs, and ~10 2-packs)

Needless to say, I, as an advocate of fun, plan to buy them all.

Matrix_Holder
02-14-2010, 02:05 AM
my wallet is going to start hemorrhaging cash this year, I plan on buying 2 of each of these figures, maybe 3 of each 5 pack to have more drones and make more combined figures...mix and match the drones, maybe make a custom menasor.

Matrix_Holder
02-14-2010, 02:13 AM
*yawn* BORING! You'd think Hasbro would have taken note of how well there non-transforming Devastator is selling. lol However, if he ever hits $25.00 I MAY consider buying him. lol

at least these are reasonably priced. $100 for a non transformer is garbage.

here is a press release from hasbro

"• TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 2-Pack
(Approximate retail price: $9.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2010)
The TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 2-Pack includes one SCOUT scale TRANSFORMERS figure and one MINI-CON scale figure. The SCOUT scale figure features a ‘robot’ mode and a ‘vehicle’ mode. The MINI-CON scale figure has four modes: ‘robot’ mode, robot weapon, vehicle weapon and Power-up Armor for combining with the central SCOUT scale figure in both robot and vehicle mode. 2-Pack figures are interchangeable with 5-Pack figures.

• TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 5-Pack
(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2010)
The TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 5-Pack features teams of TRANSFORMERS characters that can combine together to form one large TRANSFORMERS figure. Each team consists of one SCOUT scale figure and four LEGENDS scale vehicles. The SCOUT scale figure features one ‘vehicle’ mode and two ‘robot’ modes and each of the LEGENDS scale vehicles can plug into the specially marked ports on the central SCOUT scale figure to instantaneously convert into an arm or leg using auto-conversion technology. All figures can be swapped out with one another to form multiple different combinations and new figures. 5-Pack figures are interchangeable with 2-Pack figures."

I think the 2 packs are going to be $12.99-$15.99
(deluxe pricing) and the 5 packs might be $24.99-$28.92 (voyager pricing) if you take into account that the "scouts" are between scout and deluxe size and the drones are larger than legend class size...that would make the combined mode roughly the size of a voyager. the prices seem reasonable to me.

Benzo
02-14-2010, 02:20 AM
meh.. more money for me to blow on the Generations line :)

TFtoys
02-14-2010, 05:26 AM
yes, the mini-con fun is coming back

Mighty_Galvatron
02-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Where the hell am I going to find shelf room for these!?

Mighty_Galvatron
02-14-2010, 06:39 AM
maybe make a custom menasor.

Do it. Let nothing hold you back.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2010, 09:02 AM
On the plus side, the hands and feet actually look like hands and feet without needing any extra parts. That's pretty rare in Transformers combiners, and probably what the limb robot modes were sacrificed for.

racerguy76
02-14-2010, 12:53 PM
^^I agree. Combiners area always a comprimise. They look pretty cool, and I love minicon fun. Where the hell am I going to put these?

Ultra Maverick
02-15-2010, 09:15 PM
On the plus side, the hands and feet actually look like hands and feet without needing any extra parts. That's pretty rare in Transformers combiners, and probably what the limb robot modes were sacrificed for.

well said,
the more I look at these the more I want them now!

Shepp
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Bah, just when I thought PCC was going to be absolute awesome sauce, I realized the combiner limbs aren't tripple changing robot figures. That, and the torsos are scouts, not deluxes.

So more or less this is a line where all scouts have the same gimmick as Energon Prime. But then they do come with Mini-cons.

I'm hoping that if the line proves popular, they'll release legend sized figures that can transform into limbs.

But I do have to admit, the detail that went into the limbs is great. I haven't looked really close, but I'm thinking the legs and arms can't be swapped. I just can't see how it would be done.

edit: Regardless of the combiner figures and limbs and all that, I'm aiming for just the Mini-cons. I gots to have my plasticrack fix. lol.

Detective Barricade
02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Since they're just power up forms for whoever is used for the torso, I may just buy these.

I can imagine Bombshock calling upon his Combaticons while the real Combaticons form Bruticus!:D