PDA

View Full Version : War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toy Images

Super_Megatron
01-27-2010, 03:00 AM
War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and Megatron Toy Images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/war-for-cybertron-35/war-for-cybertron-optimus-prime-and-megatron-toy-images-169068/)

Category: War For Cybertron

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

protoform_ironhide
01-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Wow! Prime looks good... on second thought, I may get some figure from this line I guess. Megatron is ugly through!

UltraPrimal
01-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Prime is kind of meh. And Megatron, god I hope he's mistransformed. Otherwise, all the hope I had for this line is lost. You can already tell this was not designed by the mainline team. It's a little too..."Titanium". It's a little..."Crossover-ish". You know what I mean, Vern?

SimonMK
01-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Wtf at Megatron's forearms/hands?

And his alt. mode supposed to be a tank or spaceship (similar to his Cyb. alt. mode in Animated?)?

Blurrz
01-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Prime reminds me of Blastoise...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Philleehellphia/Blastoise.png
I'm going to buy two and repaint one as Blastoise..

Megatron makes me go.....
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Philleehellphia/duhhhh.jpg
Hopefully we get better pictures.

tusko
01-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Depends on the size class.
Are these voyagers or deluxes?
They look good enough. The only thing that irks me is the lack of creativity in Megatron's alt mode.

Rogue_Optimus
01-27-2010, 05:00 AM
megatron looks way too similar to his TFA version

CobraCommander
01-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Prime+1, Megs-1

jacobot
01-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Somebody here said these might be Activators :confused:

Pascal
01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Not those ones, there's another version of Prime floating around that appears to be an Activator.

Prime looks ace, Megatron looks shit (again).

Ultra Maverick
01-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm really diggin' the Prime figure,
I'm guessing the Megatron is mistransformed...
where's the arm cannon?

I will probably pick up both.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-27-2010, 09:47 AM
The Megatron figure is almost certainly mistransformed. It looks like the tread-arms are meant to split in half to allow the hands to fold out, then be joined back together. Apparently whoever transformed Megs for this picture forgot about the "joining back together" part.

Actually, I prefer the Megatron to the Prime, but that might just be because we've already had quite a few good Optimus figures while decent Megatrons are in short supply. Although Prime doesn't look too bad taken on his own, he sure as hell isn't very show-accurate in robot mode, and he has way too much back kibble. I like the headsculpt, though. It's clearly Prime, but has a fair bit more detail than what we usually see in the "classic" Prime-heads.

Mighty_Galvatron
01-27-2010, 09:54 AM
I like them both.

But Megatron's head bothers me - too many Megatron's have been made where the head bears a resemblance to the Bay-Megatron head ... I hate that look, that head, that everything.

Fix his head Hasbro, it's not too late.

Matrix_Holder
01-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't like the Megatron at all he is too ROTF for my taste but I think the head is closer to TWW Megatron than the Bayverse Megatron. I think the Prime is a buy. I'm going to buy Bumble Bee, Prime and I have to see what Soundtape looks like... Megatron is a total pass.

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Well, I can certainly say without doubt that Optimus Prime, who looks excellent by the way, will be finding his way into my collection! :cool: He is all kinds of awesome!

Megatron looks alright, not as ugly as some people are claiming, but still, just alright. :rolleyes:

I am hoping more pics surface soon, including images of Starscream and Soundwave, can't really remember if they're planned for this wave or not. :confused:

Matrix_Holder
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I think that the only ones in this limited series of figures are Prime, Bumble Bee, Megatron and Soundtape. I can't wait to see what sondtape looks like, only 2 buys for me so far.

Shepp
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Am I the only one who thinks these two will be released as a VS pack?

I'm seriously getting that vibe, even though they look to be voyager scale.

I am a fan of this Megatron. He's much more representative of the character than the Bay version, which I still think is just a mess.

I shall gladly welcome these additions whenever I get around to picking them up.

Edit: I feel cheated that Prime doesn't look like he has the axe from the trailers.

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
I hope he does end up getting the ax, be an awesome addition to an already neat looking figure if you ask me. :D

chans formers
01-27-2010, 11:50 AM
note to self......buy 2 of megatron.one to keep fugly,the other to turn into classics lord straxus!!!!(much better looking imo than animated voyager megs when turned into straxus:D)

Blurrz
01-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Somebody here said these might be Activators :confused:

Not possible, they're Deluxes. Plus, you can see that Prime has articulated hands.

Dragon Knight
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
They both look "Alright" to me but what's with Megatron's arm?

Oh well either way I'll probably end up getting both anyways.

Anyone else keep thinking "Batmobile" When they see Prime's alt mode?

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Now that you mention it.... LOL :p

Nocturn
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
http://forgetomori.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/bowmandsa2.jpg

Tekkamanraiden
01-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Primes ok but a Megatron with no arm cannon and no hands?

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
The fusion cannon is clearly part of his vehicle mode, and doesn't seem to have been kibble-ized for his robot mode so my guess is that it's a detachable piece that the photographer didn't bother to attach for these pictures. The hands seem to be the result of a mistransformation. Like I said in an earlier post, it looks like you're meant to split the forearms/treads in two, fold out the hands, then join them back together again. The photographer seems to have forgotten those last two steps.

Team Jetfire
01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Prime looks tight. Megs looks...loose?

IDK, It seems that Megs is just destin to get crappy alt-modes

TheLogicalProwl
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Clearly Megatron is not transformed properly, but he looks way too much like his Animated counterpart.

I will get them both of course.

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Prime looks tight. Megs looks...loose?

What a fitting fate for that dispicable Descepticon leader. :p

Cheers Ian
01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Optimus looks good. I may or may not get him.

Megatron...Blergh.

Cheers!
-Ian

Alexander Quinn
01-27-2010, 04:09 PM
WTH is Megatron's alt mode? I can kinda see a TFA Cybertronian mode vibe, but at least that figure, if turned backwards, kinda looked like a sleek spacecraft. This guy looks like a pile of metal with a BFG on top. Sigh...

At least Prime looks neat, but my Prime to 'Tron ratio on my shelves is starting to get a little Prime heavy. Come on Has/Tak engineer guys, you can give us a few more good Megatrons, can't ya??? Pretty please!! I'll settle for a few good Galvatrons...or at least one good Galvtaron.

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I'd settle for one of those myself.

Magnimus
01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
I like'em! I'm really big on Cybertronian modes, so these are really gearing me up. I love how they blend different styles from past TF lines (classics, Animated, etc.)

You can almost bet Megatron is mistransformed, but the stuff that looks properly transformed doesn't bother me.

Mighty_Galvatron
01-27-2010, 05:40 PM

Evidence of why Hasbro should scrap that character for now and replace him with Galvatron for every toy and medium that produces TF from here on in.:)

Shepp
01-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Honestly, Looking at Megatron's vehicle mode and robot mode, I can kinda see a workable repaint into Galvatron. It actually looks like it would work better as Galvatron than it does Megatron.

Just add a different head, paint him purple and pretend he doesn't need the red ab squares.

Autobot Hound
01-27-2010, 06:40 PM
hmmmmm.....it may take me awhile to get used to that new mold of Prime. Sexy head mold tho.
As for megs, i would honestly only get him if i end up getting that Prime.

Supernova
01-27-2010, 10:10 PM
On first look, I didn't care for either...but, looking again, Prime is really growing on me, and, well...Megatron....I plan on waiting for a shot of him properly transformed...there just seems to be too much wrong to make a final judgment.

Bruticus82
01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
It's pretty clear to me that megs is mis-transformed in both modes. He doens't have hands in one, and his treads seem to serve no useful purpose in either mode.

My guess is his alt mode is a tank and they just managed to mess it up so badly that it looks like a spaceship.

Edit: On second thought, those don't really look like treads...maybe he is a crappy spaceship?

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 10:49 PM
In any case, poor Megs is mis-transformed. But, I think a few of us will warm up to him more when better, more complete pictures surface. :D

brr-icy
01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
bought i like that prime, nice classic car feel to it, and megs, properly transformed, might look really good

renegade_decepticon
01-28-2010, 12:55 AM
WFC prime is SOLD! looks like a upgrade from the classics version he is a must HAVE!

as for WFC megatron it looks way better conpaired to his voyager animated version, i hope his fusion cannon is not OVER - SIZED

but for sure im picking these up as soon as it gets realeased :D

Magnimus
01-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Evidence of why Hasbro should scrap that character for now and replace him with Galvatron for every toy and medium that produces TF from here on in.:)

Why do I get the feeling you're not being 100% objective about this. :D

onecoin
01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Not liking this so far. I respect the little bit of everything approach, it just doesn't look very good. Prime looks like the police car from C.O.P.S. Does she fire caps?

Prowl_2009
01-28-2010, 10:13 AM
bought i like that prime, nice classic car feel to it, and megs, properly transformed, might look really good

At least better than his Animated version. :p

brr-icy
01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
At least better than his Animated version. :p

better than the animated leader? no. but better than the voyager or deluxe? possibly

down_shift
01-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm really liking the look of Prime. His tank mode is a little weak, but the robot more makes up for it. Has a lot of SE Prime in it, especially the gun.

Megatron reminds me a lot of Titanium Megs. Looks ok in both modes but looks like an over all boring figure. Oh well, once we see decent galleries from Pascal then further down the line on Seibertron maybe my opinion will change.

Prowl_2009
01-28-2010, 11:39 AM
better than the animated leader? no. but better than the voyager or deluxe? possibly

No, no I meant the Voyager and Deluxe, nothing touches the Animated Leader Megs.