PDA

View Full Version : New PowerCore Combiner Figure Revealed

Super_Megatron
01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
New PowerCore Combiner Figure Revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/new-powercore-combiner-figure-revealed-169030/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Malwave
01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
hmmm...

was going to say a Powercore Inferno, but if he's a Decepticon, I have no idea who he'd be...

Inferno after he defects from the Autobots? O_o

Ultra Maverick
01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Groovy, I like the look of this

Lysist
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Is it just me or do these really seem to have a movie aesthetic. So what we have here is Movie meets Armada...Not sure how I feel about this. I like minicons but I hate the majority of Movie deluxe figures. If the next line is a lot of movie-style and "War on Cybertron" style figures then I may have to pick up a new hobby as I am getting really cought up with my back collecting.

Pascal
01-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Looks pretty cool. Actually, it looks like Armada done right. A good mix of A-E-C-Classics-Movie.

Team Jetfire
01-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks pretty cool. Actually, it looks like Armada done right. A good mix of A-E-C-Classics-Movie.

Agreed.
The minicon looks like it could be more of a transforming weapon gimmick. Part of me hopes that it will still have a little robot mode.

Terminal Hipster
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
The Mini-Con has 4 modes, apparently. Vehicle, robot, weapon, and an armour mode for the larger figure. Neat.

I don't see a movie aesthetic here. It looks like a proper fusion of Armada and Classics, which I'm all for... especially if the Mini-Cons are able to interact with figures across the line.

Prowl_2009
01-20-2010, 01:28 PM

I agree 100% Pascal! :cool:

jacobot
01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Forget about that last series... Red fire truck with an axe will confuse the kiddies
Inferno maybe but a Con?

Ultra Maverick
01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Ok, I have revisted this a few times and I'm pretty pumped about the figure and the whole powercore combiner line.

I love add on armour! even more so when it becomes it's own robot on the side.

Uberman
01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Target Master, PowerMaster, Breast Master? I'm hoping they figure out some logic to incorporate a Headmaster in there too.

I love Minicons, despite the fact they suck, but Minicons that actually do something other than look like a tiny car glued to a giant car?! Hook it up, broham.

Pascal
01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't see a movie aesthetic here.

Alternate mode. Even more realistic than Classics. And the chicken legs.

pulsedragon20
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
looks pretty cool

Stapler
01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
The legs look a little movie-like, (chicken-legged) but I'm loving the mini-con stuff!:)

Cheers Ian
01-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Looks like I'll be saving money this year. Not impressed with what I've seen so far.

Cheers!
-Ian

Blurrz
01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Oh... I've got like a mix of nosebleed/wet pants.

GMfan
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Inferno as a bad guy? That never happened....

"FOR THE ROYALTY!!!"

WTF!?

Terminal Hipster
01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Alternate mode. Even more realistic than Classics. And the chicken legs.

Uh... we had ultra-realistic alt/vehicle modes long before the first movie. Alternators, RiD/Car Robots... Generation 1.

Regardless, I was talking about the robot mode. It doesn't look like all spindly and over-detailed like a movie/ROTF style figure, and the head sculpt (from what I can make out through the flash glare) looks more like a traditional Transformer face, rather than a mess of jagged edges.

And I don't see 'chicken legs' on this figure; no more than the likes of Alternator Skids or Energon Ironhide, anyway. He's got big feet and the kibble on his shins is at an angle, yeah, but there's enough bulk on the back of his lower leg to balance it out.

Pascal
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I didn't say it was 100% movie. Looking at the picture again, I think the black piece on the inner lower leg is where the confusion comes from. The leg is probably straight, but that piece makes it look like a chicken leg.

Sun Swipe Prime
01-20-2010, 05:58 PM
From the crappy pics, it looks fine ... i"m kind of diggin it so far.

Uberman
01-20-2010, 05:59 PM

"FOR THE ROYALTY!!!"

WTF!?

Dude, you just got me even more psyched if it indeed turns out to be some sort of wacky Inferno reference.

I love Beast Wars references. [Like how they should have repainted Roll Bar as Optimus Minor, not as that weird Creamsicle they went with]

jacobot
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
So, this is the new tv series and the game is it's own universe?

GMfan
01-20-2010, 06:26 PM
My guess is the game is a prequel to this.

Terminal Hipster
01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
My understanding is that the new War for Cybertron game is intended to be the starting point for all future continuities, so I would guess that this line (or subline) would fit in with that.

Nocturn
01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Want

Bruticus82
01-20-2010, 07:52 PM
This actually has me interested, which is good since I don't like the movie stuff that much.

JaySmith
01-20-2010, 08:09 PM
*yawn* It definitely looks like something you'd find at a late night Chinese market. More money in my pocket once again! :D

Matrix_Holder
01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I think this line is Hasbros idea of an armada reboot...the way armada should have been... less bricky and more articulated figures.

Magnimus
01-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I'M GIVING UP ON TRANSFORMERS BASED ON THIS BLURRY OBSCURED PACKAGING SHOT!!!!

Seriously, I've heard from waaaaay too many people in the fandom (not necessarily here) talking about avoiding this line based on barely any images or information and decrying the fact we're not getting more Animated (when Animated met with the same reaction although people were decrying the lack of classics/universe).

Chillax, dudes.

Stapler
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
I love Beast Wars references. [Like how they should have repainted Roll Bar as Optimus Minor, not as that weird Creamsicle they went with]

There are many BW references that they could make in the movie line. If Hasbro wanted they could just paint Mixmaster into B'boom since he has a third artillery mode. Sideswipe would make a great Depthcharge, the ROTF Depthcharge would make a great Slapper and so on. It's a shame that Hasbro doesn't take these opportunities for some easy repaints.

I'm still thinking that these Powercore Combiners are an extension of the movie line. While they do share some of the movie aesthetic, I'm guessing Hasbro is giving these figures a more universal design so they can use them as repaint fodder for future lines.

JaySmith
01-20-2010, 08:59 PM
I'M GIVING UP ON TRANSFORMERS BASED ON THIS BLURRY OBSCURED PACKAGING SHOT!!!!

Seriously, I've heard from waaaaay too many people in the fandom (not necessarily here) talking about avoiding this line based on barely any images or information and decrying the fact we're not getting more Animated (when Animated met with the same reaction although people were decrying the lack of classics/universe).

Chillax, dudes.

Blurry what exactly? You can clearly make out what it is, so much so that you can clearly identify his mini-cons name as being "Chopster". Simply put, the reason alot of people will be avoiding this line is the exact same reason those same exact people probably avoided the A-E-C line-up.... unappealing figures.

Pascal
01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
What's an appealing figure?

JaySmith
01-20-2010, 09:29 PM
What's an appealing figure?

Dont' get me wrong, the vehiclular mode of this character is very, very appealing. It's actually the alternate mode that is drastically lacking and unappealing.

Supernova
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I gotta admit, I'm liking what I'm seeing here. I figured my collecting would more or less stick to Classics/Universe, but, if this line is as nice as it seems, I'm in!

Pascal
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I think this figure, in robot mode, looks like a cross between Energon Ironhide (legs) and Cybertron Defense Hot Shot (upper section).

Cheers Ian
01-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Blurry what exactly? You can clearly make out what it is, so much so that you can clearly identify his mini-cons name as being "Chopster". Simply put, the reason alot of people will be avoiding this line is the exact same reason those same exact people probably avoided the A-E-C line-up.... unappealing figures.

100% Agree.

I really don't pick up figures unless they have a good fiction to go with them. Plus, I've never been a fan of the "gimmick" transformers. I don't need combinations, smaller partners, feature activation, etc. to enjoy a figure. I enjoy a transformer the most when he has a good robot and vehicle mode.

Plus, I really just tend to stick with G1 related stuff.

Cheers!
-Ian

CobraCommander
01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Earth modes make me wet!

chans formers
01-21-2010, 04:02 PM

"FOR THE ROYALTY!!!"

WTF!?he could also be a redo of energon inferno.he got changed/reprogrammed by megs to be a decepticon in the show,although it didn't last long....he died right after and came back as "roadblock":(

Code of Honor
01-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Not bad, but exciting either. After disliking a majority of the RoTF figures I have, I'm very wary about this new line.

"FOR THE ROYALTY!!!"

WTF!?
LoL