PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Classics Soundwave Reissue Found in Canada

Super_Megatron
05-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks to Sokar for reporting the first sighting of the Transformers Classics Soundwave Reissue in Canada. He found it in a Calgary, Alberta Toys R Us. Expect these to hit mass retail on June 2nd along with the Transformers Movie toys.

See what other what Transformers toys are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Transformers Sightings (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4) forum.

soundwaveCA
05-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Hooray, finally no more people asking if he's coming to Canada or not lol

SPLIT LIP
05-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I just spent $140 on the Movie Leaders! How am gonna pay for this one!? If I can find him atleast!

Vader
05-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Great! Hope TRU ordered enough for everyone.

grock35
05-28-2007, 06:57 PM
sweet hope i can get them here in mtl

GMfan
05-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I got mine at the con but I'm gonna pick up a bunch of them and hold onto them, everyone will want one...

Cruellock
05-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Finally... And so close to my birthday as well. It only took... 20 birthdays to finally get one.

RandomFerret
05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I got mine at the con but I'm gonna pick up a bunch of them and hold onto them, everyone will want one... Yeah, that's going to make you popular. Don't we have enough problems without you trying to ruin it for everybody else?

Benzo
05-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm gonna buy two :)

mr_lude2000
05-28-2007, 10:05 PM
well the update from calgary tru is that all three locations did get some. each store about 12-18 (as there are 6 per case according to the nice lady at sunridge tru). mktmall shows 1 left, macloed shows 2, as did sunridge...however there was none to be found.

their system shows there was another shipment sent out on 19th of may...so tack on 14 days and thats where we get the jun 2 release date.

their system during the g1 cs days were fairly accurate and helped me get first dibs on them. i dont expect much difference this time around.

i'm betting on a thursday release to the calgary stores...i will pick up as many as i can (up to 6) for me and who ever else wants them.

jourdo and badjeff...i am counting you in on this IF i can get them...

lars573
05-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Meh I got him 2-3 months ago from Robotkingdom. So for $14 more I got him 3 months earlier. Seems fair. :p

devilsknight
05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Same here bought two off Sheraz for $45 CDN each i think back in November or December...MAYBE i might pickup one more...so I can make it 1 sealed, 1 opened with stickers applied and residing in the box and one...always out ready to play ! lol

Hrmmmm that would be nice !

Phy
05-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Count me in for one as well, if you can swing it. I'm moving that day so I can't really get out to the stores.

Robimus
05-29-2007, 12:56 AM
I too picked Soundwave up from an online store several months ago and even though it was a lot more than TRU I still think it was worth it.
I hope TRU gets enough of them so everybody that wants one gets one. Until I actually see it in Winnipeg I wouldn't get too high of hopes.
If it is around for a couple weeks I'll maybe pick up a second one after everybody else has had a shot at it.

jourdo
05-29-2007, 01:03 AM
jourdo and badjeff...i am counting you in on this IF i can get them...

Thanks man! Double check with BadJeff though, he snagged one on Sunday.

Dark Rage
05-29-2007, 04:07 AM
How popular do you think this release will be?
I plan to line up this Saturday, but should I expect a line up of collectors too?

I guess I should arrive at the TRU an hour before it opens then...

Reminds me of the Wii/limited edition sneaker release lineups I read about...

Super_Megatron
05-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I'd call ahead to see if it will be in stock before going an hour before they open expecting it to be there.

StarwarsTF
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
HEY ALL,
ALL MOVIE PRODUCTS/TOYS HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC FROM TOYS R US, AS OF TODAY THEY PUSHED UP THE DATE DO TO THE OTHER COMPANIES IGNORANCE ON FOLLOWING STREET DATES! THOUGH SOUNDWAVE LOOKS TO BE STILL SAT. MORNING. I WILL KEEP YOU IN TOUCH. NO MORE JUNE 2ND RELEASE!

Benzo
05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
HEY ALL,
ALL MOVIE PRODUCTS/TOYS HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC FROM TOYS R US, AS OF TODAY THEY PUSHED UP THE DATE DO TO THE OTHER COMPANIES IGNORANCE ON FOLLOWING STREET DATES! THOUGH SOUNDWAVE LOOKS TO BE STILL SAT. MORNING. I WILL KEEP YOU IN TOUCH. NO MORE JUNE 2ND RELEASE!

really? I was at TRU today and they had nothing new..

General Tekno
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
HEY ALL,

Hmmm.

Guess I'll be going out hunting before Saturday after all.

Animattronic
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
... so I went to a toysrus in Calgary, went to customer service, seeing if they will get any more soundwave reissues. and under the list on the Computer screen that they were looking at, (was visible, ) Soundwave was under the G1 list, and I saw a few other G1 figures, I saw Hook and Scavanger, and Scrapper in that list, so I'm wondering if they will soon Reissue Devastator? or it was an old listing?

if anyone could help me clear this up.

Robimus
05-30-2007, 12:40 AM
TRU.ca now lists Soundwave for $39.99 but it says they have none in stock online. Last night it was not yet posted so the question is are they all gone or have they even been in stock online yet.

jourdo
05-30-2007, 01:26 AM
... I saw Hook and Scavanger, and Scrapper in that list, so I'm wondering if they will soon Reissue Devastator? or it was an old listing?

Say what now???

I have not even heard a rumour about this... but would be extremely cool if it happened. Also would save me some cash in hunting down an original.

Animattronic
05-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Say what now???

I have not even heard a rumour about this... but would be extremely cool if it happened. Also would save me some cash in hunting down an original.

I would ask if i could take a screeen shot of the list lol , but i dont think they would, :P depends though.. but seriously I saw a bunch of other G1 on the list. I dont remember most of them, but I know Hook, and those others were on there.

exsample:

Transformers (series, Cybertron, classics, G1)

Transformers G1 - Soundwave - $39.99
Transformers G1 - Hook - $0.01
Transformers G1 - Scavanger - $0.01

.... so its possible Its in they're system, so wondering when.

I'll maybe go back and check again, and ask.

Dark Rage
05-30-2007, 04:28 AM
... so I went to a toysrus in Calgary, went to customer service, seeing if they will get any more soundwave reissues. and under the list on the Computer screen that they were looking at, (was visible, ) Soundwave was under the G1 list, and I saw a few other G1 figures, I saw Hook and Scavanger, and Scrapper in that list, so I'm wondering if they will soon Reissue Devastator? or it was an old listing?

Possibly this duo (http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=15394), or this one (http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=15393)?

Super_Megatron
05-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Possibly this duo (http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=15394), or this one (http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=15393)?

That would make the most sense.

Super_Megatron
05-30-2007, 08:53 AM
TRU.ca now lists Soundwave for $39.99 but it says they have none in stock online. Last night it was not yet posted so the question is are they all gone or have they even been in stock online yet.

Usually when listings first get put online they are listed as not in stock. This is a good sign it will be available shortly.

Animattronic
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM

its Possible, but It was listed under the G1 Series... so would Transformers Universe be apart of that?

I just remember seeing them listed Seprately

Autovolt 127
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Ooo Universe Devastator,I Thought i was Target only,I would of thought Zellers would release them,since their releated to Target.

tilallr1
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
So I thought I would ask my local ToysRUs people whats happening with the Soundwave. Their short answer was we don't know what your taking about. Of course they were 2 older women, who probably couldn't care less about Transformers, but it doesn't look like Soundwave is coming to my ToysRUs in Oakville, ON, anytime soon. They couldn't find anything on the computer as well. And they were definitely not waiting to be released on Jun/2/07. They said everything was out regarding Transformers. Oh well.

nuropa
06-01-2007, 12:03 AM

Soundwave has been listed on the site for over a week now. When it says it's not in stock online, there is a good chance that it will not be available for purchase online. I haven't seen those alternators available online for example.

Dark Rage
06-01-2007, 12:42 AM
its Possible, but It was listed under the G1 Series... so would Transformers Universe be apart of that?

I just remember seeing them listed Seprately

I doubt TRU would really sell it as a separate item; isn't it just better for consumers and sellers to simply sell a combiner together? Unless we're talking about kids saving up to by each Constructicon one by one, but I'm sure most TFs are sold to older buyers now, especially toy lines with no TV shows

Robimus
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Soundwave is in stock at TRU.ca. $39.99
http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=114675&N=27+21022657+&nvalue=27

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Soundwave is in stock at TRU.ca. $39.99
http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=114675&N=27+21022657+&nvalue=27

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered 3, one for my bro, one for kitbashing, and a 2nd to keep misb for myself.

Super_Megatron
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2260