PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay - Transformers 3 won’t be as robot-heavy, fewer explosions

Super_Megatron
01-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Michael Bay - Transformers 3 won’t be as robot-heavy, fewer explosions (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/michael-bay---transformers-3-wont-be-as-robot-heavy-fewer-explosions-169003/)

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

jacobot
01-15-2010, 07:25 AM
B:(:mad: Part of his mis-information campaign right?

Tekkamanraiden
01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
I was pretty sure that was all Bay was good at.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Less explosions on a Bay film?You know the man is definitely lying.

Team Jetfire
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Ugh...It that what he thought was wrong with Transformers ROTF? Wow...what a clueless twit.

Robimus
01-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Actually too many robots was one of the issues with Transformers 2, ala re-using molds without explanation and not giving characters enough screen time.(Sideswipe+).

Explosions, well Bay shouldn't move away from what he does the best............

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I was pretty sure that was all Bay was good at.
Doing a lot of something is not synonymous with doing it well.

Mumps
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Doing a lot of something is not synonymous with doing it well.
Hey, don't knock on the explosions! They were fantastic. In fact, some of the explosions had more character than some of the actual characters >_>

Ahem... anyway. If this means more screentime per bot, and every bot gets screentime, then I am all for having less robots, and less explosions.

Team Jetfire
01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Actually too many robots was one of the issues with Transformers 2, ala re-using molds without explanation and not giving characters enough screen time.(Sideswipe+).

Explosions, well Bay shouldn't move away from what he does the best............

I guess that is a good point about the Twined decepticons, but I`m not convinced that is what he ment. He probably couldn`t even name half the robot cast from ROTF, so I would expect much less actual Transformers Characters, which sucks case I am really getting sick of Sam and Friends.

jourdo
01-15-2010, 01:08 PM
As long as there is robot urination, dogs humping, and giant balls... all will be well.

sarmick01
01-15-2010, 01:18 PM
What's with all the hating? If I'm not mistaken(and correct me if I'm wrong), but wasn't the original tv series just mindless violence? I know it's not as bad as now, but back then the only "plot" to the show was the decepticons were power hungry. It was the same over and over again. And as well there was Spike and friends. Weren't they just as annoying? I loved the shows(back then), but when I watch them now I kinda get bored halfway through an episode. I loved the movies and hope the next is just as good.

Prowl_2009
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Less explosions in a film by Michael Bay? Seriously? :p I am intrigued by this 'new landscape' hint though. :D

Cheers Ian
01-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Honestly I was thinking about the too many Robots issue the other day. At least in the first movie all the Transformers both Autobot and Decepticon were named either when Optimus Prime introduced them to Sam or when Starscream put out the call to all Decepticons.

ROTF didn't even bother to do that. It was incredibly confusing especially with the Constructicons and the Decepticon "Troopers" at the end. I would rather fewer Robots with more Character development than a whole crap-ton of generic robots.

Cheers!
-Ian

Prowl_2009
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
^^ Agreed. :cool:

Nightscrabbler
01-15-2010, 06:37 PM
What's with all the hating? If I'm not mistaken(and correct me if I'm wrong), but wasn't the original tv series just mindless violence? I know it's not as bad as now, but back then the only "plot" to the show was the decepticons were power hungry. It was the same over and over again. And as well there was Spike and friends. Weren't they just as annoying? I loved the shows(back then), but when I watch them now I kinda get bored halfway through an episode. I loved the movies and hope the next is just as good.

That was a cartoon. A live action movie, with the target audience being adults, should be held to higher standards in ALL aspects.

sarmick01
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Ya, and most, if not all of the targeted audience were subjected to the mindles violence of the original cartoon series, as well as the ongoing series since then.

Tekkamanraiden
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Hmm with less action and few robots that will give Megan fox and Shia LaBeouf more screen time to dazzle us with their acting talents.

Tekkamanraiden
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Ya, and most, if not all of the targeted audience were subjected to the mindles violence of the original cartoon series, as well as the ongoing series since then.
You are kidding right? Bugs Bunny had more violence.

Magnimus
01-15-2010, 07:09 PM
More like it will be four hours of robots exploding in 3D. That's it.

jacobot
01-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah 3D!!!!

Maybe Jolt will get a few lines this time :rolleyes:

Prowl_2009
01-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Hope the same will be said of Sideswipe, guy needed some more screen time. :rolleyes:

Robimus
01-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Yeah 3D!!!!

Maybe Jolt will get a few lines this time :rolleyes:

Strangly I had no issue with Jolt(although I had to wait to watch it on DVD to spot him;)).

A minor Bot like that is fine, just get him in a couple more scenes maybe, but I have no issue with a couple minor cameo styled characters just to sell some toys.

At least he was his own character, unlike the multiples of the Constructicons, Bonecrushers, Blackouts and more that we had to try and sort out.

I really liked the robot plan they had in the first film. Every bot was individual, they each had a moment or two all their own even if they were extremely minor. They even all had their own names...........

Malwave
01-16-2010, 03:21 AM
did I seriously just read 'Micheal Bay" and "less explosions" in a sentence...together.....O_o?!

Sun Swipe Prime
01-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Ok, if Bay ends up doing a great character driven movie, I will eat my hat. I'm not going down the hate lane here, because he is what he is, and I've come to terms with the fact that we'll probably get more of the same thing in movie 3 as we did in movie 2, but tweeked different. Like I said, if he developes the characters as he claims and does a good job of it, I will be gobsmacked and sing praise to him till the end of time, but I doubt I'll be doing any singing... haha.

Prowl_2009
01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
did I seriously just read 'Micheal Bay" and "less explosions" in a sentence...together.....O_o?!

I am sorry to say 'yes you did.' :p

Alexander Quinn
01-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm actually kinda shocked here, because this means that Bay KNOWS he can do better than ROTF. That's pretty deep for a director, really. All sarcasm aside, when you consider the assload of money ROTF made, you'd think that Bay would just push repeat and move on. This shows a lot of thought and perspective, and, if it actually pans out to be true, I think I just gained some real hardcore respect for Bay. I'd go see a third regardless, but this is really interesting to hear.

Bravo, Mr. Bay. Bravo! :)

RodimusMatrix
01-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I wonder what the title for the 3rd movie will be and i like to see more of the matrix and i would like to see more combiners and if Mr bay ever reads this add more robots and less humans and for god sake please no more army crap. I would like to see astrotrain make it to the 3rd movie and no more spitting robots please !!!
________
Venture royale (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Venture_Royale)

Matrix_Holder
01-17-2010, 01:22 AM
...but with less explosions....he might actually have to have...gulp....a story....no bay ....don't do it..... you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. your script will have to be more than 4 pages long.

Dragon Knight
01-17-2010, 01:27 AM
So essentially a summer teen drama featuring the Transformers.

Matrix_Holder
01-17-2010, 01:33 AM
with really really bad acting by megan *ugh* fox.

Richter
01-17-2010, 05:57 AM
I think what he means by 'less robot' is 'more us army scenes'

So it'll be a 2 hour long US Army recruiting video

yvan eht nioj!!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-17-2010, 08:15 AM
On the plus side, Tweedledee and Tweedledum aren't writing the movie this time around so there's a chance that the script, at least, might be semi-decent.

Tekkamanraiden
01-17-2010, 08:48 AM
So essentially a summer teen drama featuring the Transformers.
Now that's a frighting thought.

Prowl_2009
01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Now that's a frighting thought.

Yikes! :eek: Coming this summer to a theatre near you: Transformers: Dirge's Creek. :D

GMfan
01-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Better then "the R.C."

Prowl_2009
01-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Or "One Thrust Hill." :p

MonkeyPanda
01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
In other words, there will be even less action than ROTF and more dog-humping jokes.

Nocturn
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Bumblebee Hills: 90210

onecoin
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Nothing Bay does with this franchise can redeem the shit that is ROTF, especially his ego constantly giving fans the finger.

OneShallFall
01-17-2010, 09:10 PM
I cant say enough about how epic this fail could be.

Hopefully,this means the 3rd movie will show more of the robots,but I have a feeling it will be more army,poor humor,and teen love.As stated before.

Richter
01-18-2010, 03:00 AM
It will concentrate on relationships.

Doesn't bay realize we love giant robots so we can escape relationships???

Tekkamanraiden
01-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Just don't tell my wife that.

Prowl_2009
01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Bumblebee Hills: 90210

Hahaha! :D Nice One! :p

More on relationships? Ummm, this movie is about giant battling robots, isn't it? :confused: