PDA

View Full Version : Should I go for G2 Devastator?

signofzeta
01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Unlike G2 Bruticus which looks friggin ugly, I don't mind the yellow coloration of G2 Devastator.

For me, it is much harder to bid for G1 Devastator, which means that people are trying to compete for that guy. I didn't bid yet, and will wait for the last moment.

As for G2 devastator, it seems that no one wants that guy.. well not yet anyway.

So should I just give up on the competition for G1 devastator, and go for G2?

What is the difference aside from color between the G1 and G2 devastator?

My plan is that if I can't get G1 devastator, that is, I get outbid, then I'm going for G2. I'm not really into the exact colors, just molds, which is why even though I have Superion, Defensor, Menasor, Computron, and Abominus, I never planned on getting Bruticus because I already have Ruination, which is a recolor anyway, and I like Ruination's colors, except for the tank and helicoptor, in which case I like the Brawl and Vortex's colors better.

But as regular construction vehicles, which looks better? Green or yellow?

brr-icy
01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
i like the g1 colours better personally, yellow and light purple don't do it for me lol

Tekkamanraiden
01-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I find that a lot of g2 figures are cheaper due to their colours.

Stapler
01-11-2010, 01:06 AM
I feel that the G2 constructicons get a bad rap. Yeah the colours aren't lime green and purple but the yellow is not bad at all (arguably it's more realistic).
As for other differences, these guys are all plastic. I don't know how much diecast the G1 versions had but Devastator may lean if he's left on diplay for too long. I could very wrong about that, though. Good luck on your bidding!:)

pulsedragon20
01-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Since you don't care about colors and price sensitive, go for the cheaper G2 version (which to me feels cheaper, not because of the lack of die-cast, but because of the plastic that was used), but you just want the mold anyhow.

Matrix_Holder
01-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I think that the designers of G2 were on crack. The colours of the G2 figures sucked a bag of * expletive deleted *s.

Go G1 or go home, that's my motto... ( universe and classics are great too)

That being said, hold on to the dream, keep on seekin the G1 Devastator.

Richter
01-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Or buy a KO die cast devistator if your getting frustrated. Especally if you don't care about the vintage and just the mold.

I personaly want that orange kaybee devistator :D

racerguy76
01-11-2010, 06:29 AM
I bought a G2 from ebay a while back. I personally like the yellow better, seems more realistic color for construction vehicles. As for a green one, I bought a $12 chinese KO and am very happy with both.

justprime
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
I like the yellow and the orange version of G2 as much as the Green,.. also the multi colors of the Diaclone version, I have had no problems with the G2 versions standing but as stated prior if you really want a green without the big sticker price the Ko is a vary nice addition

signofzeta
01-11-2010, 08:17 AM
oh forgot to mention, I don't buy knockoffs. And the G2 devastator I saw comes with the actual blister pack card backings. I'm getting G1 for now, and if I lose the bid, I'm getting G2.

But is it worth it to get G1 devastator with peeling stickers, or should I get a G2 devastator that is in better condition?

I just can't decide. G1 devastator because it really goes with my other combiners, except bruticus, and G2 because I only ever have 2 g2 toys in my collection. Them being Hooligan and Space case of the cyber jets, and one is complete broken, the other headless.

Doesn't G2 devastator still have a bit of metal? Like the metal part on scavenger that attaches to hook when making devastator? Or is that just shiny plastic?

Also how do you tell if something is a knock off?

evil_ivotron
01-11-2010, 09:12 AM
isn't this thread in the wrong section.....

CobraCommander
01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Follow your heart, what does it tell you?

My personal choice would be the Diaclone version, then G1, then G2 Orange, then G2 Yellow, then the KOs :)

signofzeta
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I've seen some prices of Devastator, but what would you pay for G1 Devastator, and what would you pay for G2 Devastator?

Both of them being 100% complete.

Also from ebay, how do you feel about buying a $200 item from someone who has not sold anything before? That is, it's the seller's first time selling things?

signofzeta
01-13-2010, 03:31 AM
ok huge letdown, I got outbid for G1 devastator by $1.50.

Now out of the cheapest, there is only G2 devastator.