PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU want from TFcon?

Super_Megatron
01-06-2010, 02:46 PM
What do you want to get out of TFcon? What do you want to see? What do you want to do?

Dragon Knight
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
My list is relatively small, mostly just third party and Japanese stuff but here's my shopping list for the dealer's room thus far:
Henkei Convoy
Alternaity Convoy
Fansproject Rodimus addon
Fansproject Bruticus Add on
maaaaaaaybe protector warbot.
Re-release city commander

Super_Megatron
01-06-2010, 03:08 PM
While the shopping experience is obviously the best in Canada for Transformers is there anything else you want to get out of the convention?

ARCTrooperAlpha
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
how about casting or creating your own mold lessons? or is that a stupid idea?

Prowl_2009
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I am really hoping to be able to track down a MOC Deluxe Classics Rodimus at TFCon! :D

jourdo
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I really enjoyed the customizing class last year, and would love more of that stuff.

I personally like the hands on stuff better than the panels. But that is just me.

Also, I want a hug from GMFan101... and a cookie.

GMfan
01-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Also, I want a hug from GMFan101... and a cookie.

Cookie comes free with your hotel stay....hug? Just for you smiles ;)

jourdo
01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Cookie comes free with your hotel stay....hug? Just for you smiles ;)

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I want a homemade cookie from GMFan101. Something to enjoy after the hug.

Malwave
01-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Mostly for me, I want to acquire a few figures from my wants list (RID Prime, MP Grimlock, and some G1 parts mostly), but also I would like to meet up with a few friends I made on here and hang out ^^

but mostly it's for buying figures and getting parts for future kitbashs XP

Dragon Knight
01-06-2010, 04:18 PM
While the shopping experience is obviously the best in Canada for Transformers is there anything else you want to get out of the convention?

Dunno, it'll be my first TF Con if I can go, so I dunno what I can expect.

Rogue_Optimus
01-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't even know if I can make it this yr.

But if I do, will there be a chance that the dealer room be open just a little bit longer after the last panel of the day? Last yr, I didn't get a chance to go to the dealer room after the panels and pick up anything

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-06-2010, 04:24 PM
More toys,and time with guests...or is that too easy :D

Prowl_2009
01-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Gonna try and track down an MP Grimlock while I am at the show too and no worries GMfan, I won't be tracking you down for a hug, but a cookie is a different story. :p

Nightscrabbler
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Hint, my friends: As exciting as the dealer room is, the question isn't really asking for your shopping lists ;)

skinsquad
01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Since it will be my first time at TFCon, what I would want is to personally meet a bunch of Cybertron members that live outside of Winnipeg.

I would also like to see some concept designs from Hasbro (if they are there).

Shepp
01-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Having the chance to meet and greet people from the board.

Shopping, and more importantly just seeing all of the amazing things in the dealer room.

Taking part in the question and answer panels with guests.

Watching the 1986 movie on a large screen and getting all weepy eyed when Prime dies along with a large group of people.

I really miss the breakfast stuff with Jlvatron, something I unofficially co-hosted for a year or two.

I know I want to see up and coming stuff in the world of Transformers. Content from the new game, anything from a new series. Some big announcement that blows our minds away would be awesome.

I've always enjoyed the entries to the art contests, and the creativity that a few people have channeled into costumes.

Though I've never taken part in one, a customizing class is something I'd want to participate in.

The script reading's fun to watch or even participate in

I miss a whole lot of things to do with TFCon that I haven't had the chance to take part in.

Overall the next TFCon I go to, I'm going to look to participate in way more than the dealer room, which is really only a small part of it.

Oh, the after party's also great, winding down afterwards. When Mr. Chalk was sitting around playing cards with people, that was awesome.

I remember the parts trading sessions in the past were great, but a bit disorganized. Mind you, that's incredibly insane to try and organize something like that.

Hmm........... A contest for a visual scavenger hunt (so people aren't going around grabbing random objects as if they were in an RPG).

Print out a bunch of pics of the various versions of Scavenger, in a variety of sizes and then just hide them all over the convention area. The contestant that records all the locations (or closest to the total without going over) wins. Or something like that.

Bruticus82
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Customizing class!

I second the idea that someone metioned regarding a class on casting molds for customizing.

Another idea is I'd like to see how to work with styrene. Having never worked with it before a little basic tips and tricks on using the material, a quick little primer, would be handy.

Oh heck, I wouldn't mind if this thing were half customizing class, but I'm probably in the minority there...

[insert motorized transformer name here (aka Trypticon)] race.

TF Movie Marathon.

Costume contest (it was very entertaining last year, but it should take place in a room with a stage, not just in front of the giant optimus prime).

Karaoke. No really, most people will love it I'm sure! ;-)

Tournament style Transformers Risk.

I like the idea of a "scavenger" hunt! ^^

That's it for now.

Tekkamanraiden
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
As a first timer last year I quite enjoyed myself. I did however run into a few minor complications.

1) A better map that indicates where we are allowed to park. You are not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress centre - you will get told to move, I did and not nicely.

2) Some signage to indicate that the con is at the side of the hotel - I walked in the front door and confused the hell out of the front desk. Fortunately I wasn't the only one and we managed to figure out it was at the side.

3) Maybe move the autographs to a room so there isn't a line up wrapping around the hotel - I had a bit of an issue finding where to pay to get in.

4) If there is any retail promotions this year, have the barcode not cover up the instructions. Have the instructions more readable - I had an issue with Toys r us last year not honoring the coupon.

OneShallFall
01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I WANT TO GO!!!!

:(

If I could,I would like to meet members from here.Take part in some customizing classes.And get a t-shirt!!!Do they even have t-shirts? :| If they do I want one. I hear Toronto is a great city,but I would be happy to just see eveything I could see at the convention. Meeting like minded people in a cool environment would be awesome.

Protoman
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
What do I want? WHAT DO I WANT?!

To go buck wild like every other TFcon. I want to meet EVERYONE.

Come down to the bar, PARTY! Vomit on my shoes!!! WHOO!!!

Oh and ummm....... check out those panels cause that Protoman guy he like........ yeah really knows have to panel it up.

Also that Custom Class run by that Dak guy. Pure awesome.

and that GMfan guy? Yeah when you see him, just give him money, don't ask, just do.

Cliffjumper69
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Im looking forward to meet everyone. I was the shy guy at the last few TFcons lol Im going to hunt down that God Damn Protoman and GMfan and say "Whats up, do you like transformers?" lol :p

CJ

renegade_decepticon
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Well i hope they still do the TFcon group photo and the prize draws which are always nice, but what i would like to see new is maybe a better TFcon exclusive figure that will top the powerd commander set! - who knows....

UltraMagnus69
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
fansproject to be present

Protoman
01-07-2010, 12:13 AM
We will do the group photo for sure.

down_shift
01-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I love meeting other fans, so that's something I always look forward to. Being a former vendor myself I like talking to and catching up with other vendors. I thought the panels were well done last year. Dan was a good cat to talk to.

It's going to be hard to top last years exclusive, so I'm looking forward to that.

pulsedragon20
01-07-2010, 12:39 AM
It will be first time I try to go and I hope I can make it...but a better location would be good, maybe closer to ANY subway station. Also, I wouldn't mind learning to customize (i.e. have more sessions available) and draw Transformers (even though I have the "How to Draw TF" comic books, except #3)

UltraPrimal
01-07-2010, 12:57 AM
What do I want from TFCon?

I want to eat some pizza, and maybe cake, then play some games and hang out and chat with some cool people like Protoman, GMFan, Vangelus, etc. etc. And oh yeah, buy toys, watch panels, etc. Basically the same as last year, but with newer toys and a new voice actor. Preferably someone from the Beast Wars cast, like Scott McNeil, Gary Chalk, or Sue Blu. ;)

Edit: oh, and hugs. I missed out on the free hugs last year. :(

GMfan
01-07-2010, 03:39 AM
I can feel the love....it's warm and gooey and oh so organic

Oasis
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Ultra Primal, there will be more cake than you know what to do with, thanks to the plethora of birthdays that weekend.

I get a lot out of Hasbro having a booth and a panel. I can almost never make the BotCon panel, so it's nice to get an addendum/revamp of what BotCon people caught.

JLvatron
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
how about casting or creating your own mold lessons? or is that a stupid idea?

Not stupid at all, my friend.
While there may be no event doing exactly that, you may find the Customizing panel interesting.
There is also a Customizing class where participants get to hands-on customize a Transformer toy.

JLvatron
01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Also, I wouldn't mind learning to customize (i.e. have more sessions available) and draw Transformers (even though I have the "How to Draw TF" comic books, except #3)

You are in luck, mon ami! :)
Apart from the Customizing panel and class (see previous post), there will be a "How to draw Transformers" class.

Hope to see you there!:cool:

chans formers
01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
i'd like to see more meet and greet time with the special guests.or even a time where you can just sit and chat with them,almost like last tfcon09 where "djw" sat with a few of us in the hotels bar and just had a few drinks and good chats.can you imagine the fun in bragging that you got peter cullen "hammered"????:D:D:D
that and just more time to meet and greet with other members on this site.
(on a side note,i'd also like to see guber on depressants:D.....it'd be like watching a video in slow mo;):D)

UltraMarknus
01-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Well I can't remember in the past, but maybe a place on badges to write your username for easy identification. Last year I met vectorsigma2 as I was buying some parts from him. I'm generally shy around new people but I would like to be a little more involved with others.

Aernaroth
01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Well I can't remember in the past, but maybe a place on badges to write your username for easy identification. Last year I met vectorsigma2 as I was buying some parts from him. I'm generally shy around new people but I would like to be a little more involved with others.

Best thing you can do is either bring your own nametag (Those HELLO MY NAME IS ones work pretty well, or make your own pass in a lanyard?), or write your username on your weekend pass, if you have one. There's been some name stickers available for use in past years, but they tend to run out fairly quickly.

GMfan
01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
There was a section to write your user/normal name on the lanyard tag but the printed version was much smaller then I anticipated and there wasn't much writing space between the picture and name line.

With apologies, next year I can make that space bigger and have some thick markers to write the names on there.

Leozak
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
You could offer more in-con type contests.

I'm not sure what the registration numbers are like but at the Penny Arcade Expo, they ran a video card SLI promo by giving out the same set of numbers to 2 different people and they had to find their matching partner at the con to get a chance to spin a wheel for prizes (both had to be present and numbers matching).

UltraMarknus
01-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Oh ya, having the room dedicated to TF Animated episodes was great. I, like many other parents there, appreciated it as a nice resting spot as too much time in the dealer room with a little one can be daunting. I think my daughter and I taking a couple breaks in there was her favourite part LOL!

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
and that GMfan guy? Yeah when you see him, just give him money, don't ask, just do.

What if I don't want to pay him?

What do I want from TFCon?

I want to eat some pizza, and maybe cake, then play some games and hang out and chat with some cool people like Protoman, GMFan, Vangelus, etc. etc. And oh yeah, buy toys, watch panels, etc. Basically the same as last year, but with newer toys and a new voice actor. Preferably someone from the Beast Wars cast, like Scott McNeil, Gary Chalk, or Sue Blu. ;)

Edit: oh, and hugs. I missed out on the free hugs last year. :(

I would love to see more of the Beast Wars Voice Actors one day.Well,that's what the bar is for,if I have the time to get there(lol)

Best thing you can do is either bring your own nametag (Those HELLO MY NAME IS ones work pretty well, or make your own pass in a lanyard?), or write your username on your weekend pass, if you have one. There's been some name stickers available for use in past years, but they tend to run out fairly quickly.

But what if one of us don't want to wear any nametags? :rolleyes:

Aernaroth
01-07-2010, 02:13 PM
But what if one of us don't want to wear any nametags? :rolleyes:

Then you could either not make one for yourself, or leave your pass blank, and stand out like a sore thumb because you're the only one who didn't wear a nametag. Your choice, really.

GMfan
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Can't blame the fangirls for not wanting to put a giant "hit on me" target on them now :P

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Can't blame the fangirls for not wanting to put a giant "hit on me" target on them now :P

See,that's a better explanation then what I was going to say.I've been nameless on two TFCons straight...so a third one wouldn't be as bad.

GMfan
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Joking aside, thanks for the great ideas folks! Keep them up

Pascal
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear... I want a homemade cookie from GMFan101. Something to enjoy after the hug.

Be careful... if you guys hug for too long, the milk might come before the cookie.

:eek:
:p

CobraCommander
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Be careful... if you guys hug for too long, the milk might come before the cookie.

L:DL

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM

What?lmao

jourdo
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM

LMAO!

prime13
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
A free ticket TO TFcon.

I WANNA GO, DAMMIT!!

CobraCommander
01-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Free parking and shopping carts! :D

Echotransformer
01-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Well the first couple of times I went it was all about the product, but the last couple of years it has been all about meeting people, chatting, hanging out...it's just so much fun!

I 'third' the idea of a casting class...would definitely like to attend...

Love the parts party.

Identifying people by username really helps, so glad to see that discussion.

Um, here's one--my kids are young (my son is 3, my daughter is 5) but both of them are really getting into Transformers. Seems that many of you also have kids, so an event for the kids and parents might be fun too. Something they can run around and play, meet each other and of course somehow TF-related would be really cool!

No matter what you guys always do such an amazing job...this is a world-class con that's for sure!!!

chans formers
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM

lmfao!!!!!:D

Cheers Ian
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Here are some real things I'd like to see

1) A panel (perhaps by our very our Protoman) on Japanese post G1 Transformers series.

2) At least 2-3 voice actors, I know this might not be possible to due appearance fees and such but it would be cool to have a few and perhaps a longer autograph period to avoid the long lines. Kinda like how Fan Expo handles theirs.

3) Maybe a TFcon 2010 souvenir bag to hold our loot in, then we can use them for Grocery Shopping afterwards LOL

And here's my obligatory silly request:

Free Draft Beer.

Cheers!
-Ian

Prowl_2009
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
^^ Here, Here! :D

Aernaroth
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Here are some real things I'd like to see

1) A panel (perhaps by our very our Protoman) on Japanese post G1 Transformers series.

-Ian

There was a Panel on the Japanese continuity, and its differences from North American continuity, by Protoman at the last TFcon, oddly enough. There's certainly a lot to talk about in this area though.

UltraPrimal
01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Perhaps he's referring to Brave?

Aernaroth
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Perhaps he's referring to Brave?

Possibly, but I didn't think there were any "official" connections between TF and Brave, other than re-used molds and the numerous design influences/references. Could still make for an interesting panel though.

Cheers Ian
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Was that panel on the Sunday? If so I totally missed it.

Damnit.

Well any panel that features Daniel's encyclopedic knowledge of obscure Transformers information would be neat.

Cheers!
-Ian

down_shift
01-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Like Pasc was the one to bust out that joke. ha ha ha!

I'd LOVE free parking. Good Christ that would be welcomed.

Cheers Ian
01-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah, Free parking would be awesome.

I managed to score "Free" parking at the Action Figure Expo, but that was mostly because I was a big sneak. Violators will be towed my ass.

Cheers!
-Ian

My Cartoon Heroes
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Peter Cullen. Make it happen!!!! It's time to go big or go home :)

brr-icy
01-09-2010, 01:42 AM

you probably met me as well, i was with vs2 all weekend, also GobotFreak was with him, but he doesn't post much

i would like to see another voice actor or three, might sit through the customizing class this year.

a better scheduled photo time, we had to leave before it last time, and we were eating the year before.

mostly spending time with everyone again, the show is always good

CyberMnky
01-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Voice actors, customising class, meeting people... cake

down_shift
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Free parking would be awesome.

I managed to score "Free" parking at the Action Figure Expo, but that was mostly because I was a big sneak. Violators will be towed my ass.

Cheers!
-Ian

You parked across the street didn't you? ha ha ha.

Voice actors, customising class, meeting people... cake

Oh my god, did you TRY Ultra's cake last year? Like an angle took a dump in my mouth. It was that amazing.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-09-2010, 09:01 PM
You parked across the street didn't you? ha ha ha.

Oh my god, did you TRY Ultra's cake last year? Like an angle took a dump in my mouth. It was that amazing.

.....you mean Angel,right?

Protoman
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
http://lawofhollywoodland.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/kurt-angle.jpg

Taking a dump in your mouth at TFcon since 2009!

That's Kurt Angle by the way.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM

lmao,I could have sworn you were reading my mind just now.

Aernaroth
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM

No, he didn't. He got ACUTE food poisoning from it.

What, was that reference a little OBTUSE?

Disclaimer: There was no food poisoning, only deliciousness from the cake in question.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-09-2010, 09:10 PM
No, he didn't. He got ACUTE food poisoning from it.

What, was that reference a little OBTUSE?

Disclaimer: There was no food poisoning, only deliciousness from the cake in question.

hahaha.Man,now I wish I went to that Friday night at TFCon,ah well,had a great time anyways.

Protoman
01-10-2010, 01:40 AM
The friday night in a lot of ways "cuts through all the bullshit". In that the incentive is not to BUY TF toys, but to be social and meet people. Just have a damn good time, heck even Derrick Wyatt got into it.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-10-2010, 01:43 AM
The friday night in a lot of ways "cuts through all the bullshit". In that the incentive is not to BUY TF toys, but to be social and meet people. Just have a damn good time, heck even Derrick Wyatt got into it.

Now I have to find ways to get there for Friday night :D

Protoman
01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Possibly, but I didn't think there were any "official" connections between TF and Brave, other than re-used molds and the numerous design influences/references. Could still make for an interesting panel though.

Ex-Kaiser was going to be the next TF series after Operation Combination, but no one wanted to pick up the series for animation, Transformers at that point was dried out and dead in Japan (as well almost everywhere else at the time), so they changed up the names and Sunrise Animation jumped on it. Brave series are like..... cousins of Transformers.

UltraPrimal
01-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Ahhh...! Stop it. You're making me blush.:o

Gahhh! Stop it!

down_shift
01-10-2010, 10:50 AM

No... clearly I meant Kurt Angle... lol

Bwa ha ha ha, you beat me to it.

F'n simple spelling errors will be the death of me.

Super_Megatron
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Good suggestions. In talking with the programming staff it sounds like ideas from this thread will be used.

Endersrun
01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
How about this:

1) Fan-Made Transformer shorts.
Can be shown in the viewing room. Ideally you take submissions from around the TF community and get the original clip (not youtube version). I've seen this done at Fantasia with Fan Made superhero shorts. Most of them are pretty funny. I'm sure most of us have seen plenty, but lots of tothers haven't. It would also encourage those who give in submissions to attend, and have friends attend a viewing of their clip.

2). Kiddie Center
A lot of the original Gen 1 fans have young families. It would be nice if there was a place they could hang out with other kids (supervised by their parents) where they could "play" with transformers... An idea worth working on.

3.) Transformers bake-off
Have folks create tasty transformer shaped treats. GMFan and Protoman can get fat tasting all the different cakes and cookies.

4) New Transformers Music Theme Contest
We can have folks submit and perform their ideas for a new Transformers song. The prize would most likley be toys, and not arecordiing contract, but heck, if they perform it at the Karaoke session, who knows who will hear it and say, hay, I can give this to Hasbro for their new show...

5) Hug-a-Robot
Have one lucky dressed-up-fan wear a Cybertron.ca or TFW shirt that says Hug Me (Or a Banner), walking around inside and outside to give and recieve hugs for free.

Note: Enough with the shopping...we know we will spend 6-month worth of our pay there...won't be new... :)

talon4ce
01-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Costume contest (it was very entertaining last year, but it should take place in a room with a stage, not just in front of the giant optimus prime).

A stage would be lovely! Though given mobility of the costumes, a ramp to the stage would be nice.

I also wish for Cree Summer and Scott McNeil.

Protoman
01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Scott McNeil.

You are aware if Scott Mcneil and Guber meet...... the world would collapse onto itself.

Like seriously....... they would have to be kept in seperate rooms at all times, like 2 dangerous chemicals when combined.

http://www.regenerating-universe.org/images/ImpressionBlackHole.jpg

Nightscrabbler
01-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe, but remember that Guber met Gregg Berger. It was a Grimlock Deadlock, but somehow we survived.

down_shift
01-18-2010, 12:59 AM
You are aware if Scott Mcneil and Guber meet...... the world would collapse onto itself.

Not to mention Guber would get super ghey and scare away Scott. lol

Code of Honor
01-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Not to mention Guber would get super ghey and scare away Scott. lol

I could see it happening, and that would mean that Guber is worse then hundreds of screaming fangirls. :p We kid Guber, but no matter what if Scott McNeil is at TFcon I want to be there when him and Guber meet.

Nemesis Predaking
01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Scott McNeil & David Kaye would please me very much.

It would be cool if the 2d & 3d art contest could be moved out of the hallway that leads into the dealer room.
It's always FAR to congested there.

talon4ce
01-19-2010, 12:41 AM
I could see it happening, and that would mean that Guber is worse then hundreds of screaming fangirls. :p We kid Guber, but no matter what if Scott McNeil is at TFcon I want to be there when him and Guber meet.

... should we wait to get Scott until I make my BW Waspinator costume?

Nightscrabbler
01-19-2010, 12:43 AM

Wicked costume!

I want to see more BW love at TFcon!

DO NOT TAKE THAT OUT OF CONTEXT

UltraPrimal
01-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Wicked costume!

I want to see more BW love at TFcon!

DO NOT TAKE THAT OUT OF CONTEXT
Hmm...maybe we should get people to dress up as Tigatron and Airrazor and/or Blackarachnia and Silverbolt.:D I know who I'm dressing up as!

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Oh yes!Since your BB costume was so well done...you got to make the Waspinator one...before Scott arrives to TFCon.

Prowl_2009
01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Hmm...maybe we should get people to dress up as Tigatron and Airrazor and/or Blackarachnia and Silverbolt.:D I know who I'm dressing up as!

LOL. :p :D

Protoman
01-20-2010, 02:55 AM

Arachnia!! *waves fist!*

talon4ce
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
lol yes yes for a million times yes, I'll be wearing Blackarachnia :) I wish I had time to repair her before FanExpo (she got broken on the way back from SDCC) cuz I met Scott while wearing Bumblebee. It would have been great to hear him do the Silverbolt voice and play along XD

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n361/Talon4ce/smbee.jpg

UltraPrimal
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
lol yes yes for a million times yes, I'll be wearing Blackarachnia :)
Darn, guess I'll have to choose a new costume. We can't both go wearing the same thing.:p lol

Bruticus82
01-20-2010, 11:02 PM
It would be cool if the 2d & 3d art contest could be moved out of the hallway that leads into the dealer room.

Agreed!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I want the last couple of figs and accessories to complete my non-pretender North American G1 collection.

WaveOfSound
01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
This will be my first one, so I'm lookin' forward to the entire experience. Specifically, I'll be looking for some of the harder to find Soundwave figures. Maybe I should change my name on here to SoundwaveKD?

Aernaroth
01-29-2010, 12:00 PM
I dunno, we've already got one member with Soundwave followed by two capital letters, and he can get pretty ornery...

Xmann1076
01-29-2010, 12:35 PM
/cry I only get one convention a year, and a friend's already paid for me and her 12 year old daughter and 3 more 11-14 year old girls to go to Anime North for the weekend.
The pros? I don't pay for anything.
The cons? you try hanging with 4 preteen screechers lol
They swoon over every cute boy, or even the not so cute ones dressed ad their favorite toons. Sigh, the joys of being the most amazing Uncle of all time. Hopefully, they'll be some TFcon leftovers at Anime North this year. Or at least some product for me to get.

JLvatron
01-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Maybe I should change my name on here to SoundwaveKD?

I dunno, we've already got one member with Soundwave followed by two capital letters, and he can get pretty ornery...

How about changing your name to: Soundwave_kd ?

This way no capitals, no orness, plus you are identified as a fan of Soundwave AND k.d.lang! :)

Sureshot22
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
lots more of the same.

but the customizing class was awesome BUT.
as we all know that were in it. we took ALOT longer then was allocated so we need more time for that so we dont run into the other panels/classes like last year and end up not finishing.
maybe have it in 1 room with nothing else going on in that room incase we run over again. and i said we. cause im for sure taking the class again was hilarious and fun. and yes yes dak is still a douche =P j/k

and like someone else said yes please have the dealer room open for a while after the last class / panel cause like other said person i didnt get 1 last run around the room after the 15 hour long customizing class where i never did finish my rev figure =P pooor lil guy still isnt finished. lol

peter cullen would be PRIME! lol see what i did there lol.

maybe a convention exclusive backpack / bag everyone can buy on the cheap or not at the start so we can stash all our loots. heck even mesh tfcon 2010 bags like you buy at the grocery store would be good. alot of vendors didnt have bags which made life (interesting)

love the idea of free parking. or maybe work out some sort of pass thing with the hotel and if you pre-buy your tickets then you get a parking pass or something.

some ideas off the top of my head. if i think of more ill post later. back to work. people to save..... damn its freaking cold today... wish we would stop getting calls that are outside.....

looking forward to it this year and hopefully i can make the friday also this time. might be interesting to meet some more of you weirdos ;)

Protoman
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Hopefully, they'll be some TFcon leftovers at Anime North this year. Or at least some product for me to get.

TFcon will happen AFTER Anime North is May 22- 24 2010 while TFcon is July 17-18. You have more then a month for recover your funds and get your butt over here....... honestly, you are picking otakus over TFcon........ tsk tsk.

talon4ce
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
oh, a Beast Wars Transmetals N64 emulator tournament!!!

*has been playing far too many video games at her boyrfriend's place*

JLvatron
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM

Hmm, can that really be tournamented?
How many players can play, and what platform?

Xmann1076
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
TFcon will happen AFTER Anime North is May 22- 24 2010 while TFcon is July 17-18. You have more then a month for recover your funds and get your butt over here....... honestly, you are picking otakus over TFcon........ tsk tsk.

LOL It's not going to be a matter of recovering funds. I'm not really that big an anime fan, to be honest. I ENJOY them, but not enough to 'con up. It's for the sake of the children :rolleyes: If they didn't have me going they wouldn't be allowed. But honestly, I'll work on the wife and see if I can get her to relax the 'One Convention' rule. (please, no comments, I know I'm whipped.)

JLvatron
01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
But honestly, I'll work on the wife and see if I can get her to relax the 'One Convention' rule. (please, no comments, I know I'm whipped.)

:D:D:D:D

(I hope smilies don't count as comments. But seriously, I admire you for your honesty, and best of luck for your ...ahem, 'work'. :cool:)

Mumps
01-31-2010, 10:31 PM
This is a longshot, but it's a neat idea that another con I go to uses. Take in mind though that last year this other con had 28,000 people >.>

But what they offered, outside of the vendors room, was a parcel service, for those who didn't quite have the luggage room to take their goods home. I don't think this con has a big enough attendance thats flying in for this though. But it's just a thought. Hopefully I don't buy so much I have to mail everything back ;)

chans formers
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
^lolz^ just be like me and buy 3 more suitcases when you get there:D

Black Cat
01-31-2010, 11:02 PM

THIS. :D

*plays way too many video games at home*

Aernaroth
01-31-2010, 11:27 PM
This is a longshot, but it's a neat idea that another con I go to uses. Take in mind though that last year this other con had 28,000 people >.>

But what they offered, outside of the vendors room, was a parcel service, for those who didn't quite have the luggage room to take their goods home. I don't think this con has a big enough attendance thats flying in for this though. But it's just a thought. Hopefully I don't buy so much I have to mail everything back ;)

I've seen this at other cons, but usually it was a shipping company that had bought dealer space. Still, not a bad idea.

Matrix_Holder
01-31-2010, 11:28 PM
I would like hasbro to give us some clear answers about figures coming to canada, like animated rodimus and the rest of the animated figures to be released, USA exclusives...will we get them too and when?

that and looking for constructicon maximus parts, protector armor upgrade, brutmax upgrade and TF animated figs that I need.

GMfan
02-01-2010, 12:04 AM
I would like hasbro to give us some clear answers about figures coming to canada, like animated rodimus and the rest of the animated figures to be released, USA exclusives...will we get them too and when?

I'm pretty sure Rodimus will be out by July :P

UltraPrimal
02-01-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Rodimus will be out by July :P
But will we be able to find any? Or will Protoman have bought them all.

Daniel: "Let's see, I need 1 to display in robot mode, 1 for alt mode, 1 to play with, 1 to keep MOSC, 1 to repaint black as SG Animated Rodimus/Animated Wildrider, 1 to repaint gold as Animated Primus even though DJW says there isn't one, 1 to battle damage, 1 to repaint into Smokescreen, etc."

:D

Wheelie
02-01-2010, 04:59 AM
lots more of the same.

but the customizing class was awesome BUT.
as we all know that were in it. we took ALOT longer then was allocated so we need more time for that so we dont run into the other panels/classes like last year and end up not finishing.
maybe have it in 1 room with nothing else going on in that room incase we run over again. and i said we. cause im for sure taking the class again was hilarious and fun. and yes yes dak is still a douche =P j/k

and like someone else said yes please have the dealer room open for a while after the last class / panel cause like other said person i didnt get 1 last run around the room after the 15 hour long customizing class where i never did finish my rev figure =P pooor lil guy still isnt finished. lol

peter cullen would be PRIME! lol see what i did there lol.

maybe a convention exclusive backpack / bag everyone can buy on the cheap or not at the start so we can stash all our loots. heck even mesh tfcon 2010 bags like you buy at the grocery store would be good. alot of vendors didnt have bags which made life (interesting)

love the idea of free parking. or maybe work out some sort of pass thing with the hotel and if you pre-buy your tickets then you get a parking pass or something.

some ideas off the top of my head. if i think of more ill post later. back to work. people to save..... damn its freaking cold today... wish we would stop getting calls that are outside.....

looking forward to it this year and hopefully i can make the friday also this time. might be interesting to meet some more of you weirdos ;)

All of what this s#!t-disturber said!

Mumps
02-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Daniel: "Let's see, I need 1 to display in robot mode, 1 for alt mode, 1 to play with, 1 to keep MOSC, 1 to repaint black as SG Animated Rodimus/Animated Wildrider, 1 to repaint gold as Animated Primus even though DJW says there isn't one, 1 to battle damage, 1 to repaint into Smokescreen, etc."

Haha, yeah. It'll be amazing if any of us actually see any in the stores! He probably has agents in all major cities in the country stalking the stores just in case it shows up. Cause once all of those repaints above are finished, you know he needs the rest for his massive Rodimus Zombie Clone Army of Doom!

"Sparrrrrks, Rodimus needs SPARRRRRKS!"

Oh shi... :eek:

Prowl_2009
02-01-2010, 11:55 AM
^^ LOL. :p

Sureshot22
02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
lol motomaster . but our table was the most fun. lol non-stop laughs.

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM

LMAO!

Protoman
02-02-2010, 02:43 AM
I figure I will get like......... 6, just like I did with Henkei Hot Rodimus.

And please don't open up the Smokecreen can-o-worms =P I don't want Rodimus to have a repaint "buddy". He dodged the bullet with Checkpoint, Wildrider and Thunderclash.

down_shift
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM

And please don't open up the Smokecreen can-o-worms =P I don't want Rodimus to have a repaint "buddy". He dodged the bullet with Checkpoint, Wildrider and Thunderclash.

Smokescreen is a great repaint of Rodimus. To say otherwise makes me question ones sexuality. :p

UltraPrimal
02-03-2010, 12:58 AM

You got 6 Henkei Hot Rods?!:eek: No wonder I can't find one.:p

Mighty_Galvatron
02-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Perhaps a screening of TF episodes. We could vote for an episode from any TF series, and then have the screening. I think the vote would need to take place b4 the event.

Protoman
02-04-2010, 02:59 AM
You got 6 Henkei Hot Rods?!:eek: No wonder I can't find one.:p

I bought a case of them from Ages3andUp before the management switch. Say what you like about Spenser, but he knows how to give a man his Hot Rods............ oh wait..... that does not..........

Prowl_2009
02-04-2010, 10:41 AM
^^ Well that would explain why I have spent five years trying to track one down. :rolleyes:

And no, that doesn't sound right, Protoman. :p

wwilloww52
02-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Anything going to be there for the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron? Maybe a nice Wii or Xbox station?

Bruticus82
02-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Anything going to be there for the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron? Maybe a nice Wii or Xbox station?

While that would be awesome, I don't know if Microsoft or Nintendo would be interested, they seem to be doing less and less of those event things than they used to back in the 90s. If the game was ready by then and we could convince them to come, that would be awesome.

Anyone remember the Nintendo Pod at Ontario Place?

Phalanx
02-07-2010, 09:19 PM
It's supposed to be released a month before the convention, so there'd be no need to go through official channels.

And since it wasn't mentioned, it'll be on the PS3, too.

Guber
06-22-2010, 12:41 AM
What I want to see at TFcon 2010:

1. Beechy's bum
2. The Return of Daksterpiece Prime
3. Peter Cullen in the flesh
4. A Transformers slurpee machine (neon pink energon flavor)
5. Transformers pillow fights
6. Transformers midget mud wrestling
7. Transformers drag racing
8. A game of Transformers Twister
9. A Transformers pinata party
10. Cybertronian Wheel of Fortune

justprime
06-22-2010, 06:36 AM
I set up as a seller and its hard to get out to meet the voice artist's , hopefuly I will get the chance if they stroll through the dealers section that is my goal, say hello get a signature or two.

TwinTwistR
06-25-2010, 09:25 AM
As a first timer I'm just looking forward to soaking in as much of the experience as I can and meeting board members. Oh yeah and the customizing class.

Bruticus82
06-25-2010, 09:31 AM
What I want to see at TFcon 2010:

A game of Transformers Twister

What exactly would this be? :confused:

QuadESL63
06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
May be an exclusive boxset for next year? :p J/K May be an IDW exclusive comic?

malteselegacy
06-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Animated Blackout

CyberMnky
06-26-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm bringing a brand new mini sketch book with me, with the attempt to get as many signatures/quotes/stickers/drawings from board members and guests as possible as a memento from my first TFCon

SHELDONBROWN12
06-26-2010, 07:03 AM
This will be my first TFcon, the only thing i really want is to spend as much money as i can on transformers :) and to meet some of the voice actors

JLvatron
06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm bringing a brand new mini sketch book with me, with the attempt to get as many signatures/quotes/stickers/drawings from board members and guests as possible as a memento from my first TFCon

Awesome idea!! I hope we can put on a show that will do justice to your 1st TFcon experience! :)

CyberMnky
06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Awesome idea!! I hope we can put on a show that will do justice to your 1st TFcon experience! :)
I've already prepared a weapon of mass destruction in case you don't. No pressure.

Richter
07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Man, too bad Scott and Gary aren't going; I was just talking to my uncle last night, and worked with Scott and Gary a few times so I'd have something to talk about! I think they were on Dragonball together

He has worked with David too though, so that's good ;)

down_shift
07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I've already prepared a weapon of mass destruction in case you don't. No pressure.

That's what she said.

What do I want from TFcon? Free booze? I don't think it's that much to ask that I be just licked the entire time this event takes place.

RavageX-9
07-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Costco Optimus Prime and Overload set for about $80, but I know I won't find it that cheap there.

I need an Energon Constructicon Bonecrusher (brown loader), and Stormcloud (http://www.tfu.info/2005/Decepticon/Stormcloud/stormcloud.htm)'s weapon (orange helicopter). Wouldn't mind a whole Constructicon Maximus too, or Classics Devastator for a non-crappy price. need club Skyfall (blue A-10 plane) no more than $50.

I'll settle for some cheap loose stuff I'm looking for. I'd really like to get some Classics figures (triple-changers, Cyclonus, and Prime at least! They're not that valuable, but they get snapped up really quickly, so a lot of people end up willing to pay more for them. not me though. I'll just be patient.)

I'd love to stumble upon some non-TF I need, like a Figma Rider, Figma Aegis, maybe a couple inexpensive MotU 'stactions' I'm missing, or 200X action figure of Evil-Lyn...

meh... I got my credit card bill for BotCon. I really need to remember not to be late on my bill the month before, because they dinged me like $28 in interest even though I paid more than the full amount like a day late.

Nerroth
07-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm hoping that Drift won't be sold out by the time I get there... assuming any of the vendors will have him, that is.

A signature or two would also be nice.

plowking
07-14-2010, 08:55 AM

Totally agree here. So much traffic right there. I think it would be best if that table was placed elsewhere.

I think a little part of me died every time somebody ran into the table last year....thankfully, nothing fell over and broke or came up missing.

BlackZarak
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Henkei Cyclonus for under $50, a loose G1 Groove with minimal play-wear, some not-too-expensively priced WFC figures and perhaps some high-quality G1 KOs, if they are for sale. Yeah, I said it, deal.

Perceptor
07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I've never been to TF Con so this one will be my first. Someone told me it's not appropriate for children. Is that true? What is the appropriate youngest age to attend and still have a good time? Thanks!

Sureshot22
07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
TFcon is fine at any age IMO. there was LOADS of parents with kids and infants there last year.

think the only issue might be them getting run over my the nerd herd if anything at all.

or that you might be short on cash and REALLY want something and try and sell them to get the figure. (which is frowned upon) lol

Perceptor
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks! That helps. Looking forward to it.

Uberman
07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
or that you might be short on cash and REALLY want something and try and sell them to get the figure. (which is frowned upon) lol

But not prohibited? Because my day pretty much hinges on how much I can get for my cousins.

UltraMarknus
07-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I've never been to TF Con so this one will be my first. Someone told me it's not appropriate for children. Is that true? What is the appropriate youngest age to attend and still have a good time? Thanks!

I brought my 6 yr old daughter last year and to be honest, I was nervous because of the nerd heards. I spouted off a couple "WTF" with people almost running her over but to no avail as they were oblivious. I just kept her close. But in the end, she really enjoyed herself, got a shiny G2 Bumblebee she still displays and is coming with me tomorrow. She especially enjoyed the room playing the Animated epsiodes. A nice place to escape as a dealer room breather.