PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Revenge of the Fallen Leader-Class Mold Revealed to be Bumblebee

Super_Megatron
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Fifth Revenge of the Fallen Leader-Class Mold Revealed to be Bumblebee (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/fifth-revenge-of-the-fallen-leader-class-mold-revealed-to-be-bumblebee-168965/)

Category: Transformers Movie Toys & Products

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Pascal
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
So the rumour was true. Awesome!

GMfan
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Mmmmrrrrmmmm

I mean it looks good but I'd rather see a character that fits the height of leader class get a leader class figure. Not a bad looking Stand alone Bumblebee...but I thought that's what Ultimate Bumblebee was for.

jacobot
01-04-2010, 12:22 PM
If ya count the HA as a voyager... All yous need is a scout class camero to complete the set :rolleyes:
Must be them GM type fans pushing it ;)

GMfan
01-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Mmmmrrrrmmmm

I mean it looks good but I'd rather see a character that fits the height of leader class get a leader class figure. Not a bad looking Stand alone Bumblebee...but I thought that's what Ultimate Bumblebee was for.

Must be them GM type fans pushing it ;)

:confused:

Stapler
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
It looks nice but didn't they already do two Ultimate Bumblebees? I think I would rather have seen a character that really needed the scale benefits of a leader class. Bonecrusher and Longhaul come to mind as good candidates.

jacobot
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
They need to go back to design class 101 and make a leader Fallen :)

Pascal
01-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Reading on TWF2005, I don't know why some people are asking for a Leader Fallen figure. It's not even supposed to have an alternate mode. If they were to make one, it would be as crappy as the Voyager one and it wouldn't sell at all. Prime sells, Megatron sells, Bumblebee sells. Blackout/Grindor would have been nice but he's such a minor character he's not worth bothering with. I think they made the right call with Starscream and Bumblebee. And Leader Bumblebee will more than likely take the best from all previous smaller versions of Bumblebee while correcting the flaws from Ultimate Bumblebee.

GMfan
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Bonecrusher and Longhaul come to mind as good candidates.

No Blackout/Grindor love? :P Out of all of those choices I'd rather get a leader (or hell even a supreme) version of him since he was way too small in the voyager class. I blame those huge blades he has for his downsizing...

They need to go back to design class 101 and make a leader Fallen :)

The title character getting a good figure? Heavens forbid :rolleyes:

...again there are numerous other characters that would have been more deserving of this spot. The only reason Bumblebee is sitting there is because of popularity unfortunately.

Prowl_2009
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Mmmmm! Nice! Although, I agree with GMfan, other characters deserved this spot more and the sole reason Bumblebee got it is due to popularity and nothing more. :rolleyes:

Pascal
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Blackout and Bonecrusher should be ruled out, they basically belong to the 2007 movie. Long Haul, maybe, but he's not important character and the Voyager version is pretty good as is. Ironhide could be worthy of a Leader class mold, but a Human Alliance version would be even better. Same with Ratchet. I think the 3rd movie will give us the variety we're looking for in that size class with newer characters.

jacobot
01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
With all the class sizes I hate how there's no attention to relative scale :(

GMfan
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Blackout and Bonecrusher should be ruled out, they basically belong to the 2007 movie.

Though their CG models were both in ROTF

Long Haul, maybe, but he's not important character and the Voyager version is pretty good as is. Ironhide could be worthy of a Leader class mold, but a Human Alliance version would be even better. Same with Ratchet. I think the 3rd movie will give us the variety we're looking for in that size class with newer characters.

Couldn't agree more. Long haul wasn't even in the film as long as Blackout/Grindor or hell even Bonecrusher had more screen time in 07. But Ironhide is a HUGE vehicle, even bigger then Ratchet seeing them in person. Ironhide would definitely fit into the Ultra class but since it's hardly been around since Cybertron that won't happen.

A leader Ironhide would be nice but I know for a fact those legs of his would be a nightmare to transform accurately on any scale :P But a good final point too, we got one more movie coming folks, there's probably gonna be lots of new and fun leader molds to come out of it.....may even a new voyager Optimus mold? no? wanna use the same one again....allllllright.

With all the class sizes I hate how there's no attention to relative scale :(

Well problem is some characters do have mass shifting going on so it's somewhat difficult. but I hear that. I think many of us would prefer characters being in scale but lets be honest, when have we ever had a line with size accurate characters?

JaySmith
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Easy pass for me.... as the leader Starscream will most likely be one of the last ROTF Transformers that I purchase.

Mumps
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
The back kibble on this guy is gonna be nuts compaired to HA and Deluxe, haha.

Looks great though. I have absolutely no expectations or hopes for what they will release in Leader Class, so... This was a nice suprise for me. I can't wait!

Also, this makes up for the total SUCK that was Ultimate Bumblebee. I can't believe I ever bought that dust collector >_<

Ultra Maverick
01-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I love BB but I will have to pass on this considering the amount of Bumblebee figures I already have

Autobot Hound
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? a Leader class bumblebee???
I love bb's deluxe size! And i have his 50 other deluxe versions. But there is no need for a leader bb.

I don't care how "important" or how long a character is on screen for. Out of all the choices, Grindor deserves a chance of being a leader class fig.
I know with the kids grindor loses to bb by a mile. I just want a perfect world for one time. Just for once!!

Nocturn
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Will it be the best bumblebee? Probably.

Will it scale to anything? No.

Is this merely a money grab? You bet your ass.

jjwankenobi
01-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Betchya this 'Bee will be a beeyotch to transform!

Aernaroth
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Im kind of surprised they went with him, given there's so many toy incarnations already and I didn't think ultimate bumblebee sold that well...

Oh well, better than a repaint!

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Question: Did we really need another BumbleBee?I was really hoping that it would be The Fallen this time,or maybe Ironhide(I still have yet to get him)

Stapler
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
No Blackout/Grindor love? :P Out of all of those choices I'd rather get a leader (or hell even a supreme) version of him since he was way too small in the voyager class. I blame those huge blades he has for his downsizing...

I knew I forgot someone! I was sitting there for almost ten minuets trying to remember another large character but couldn't think of anymore than two. Yes, Blackout would be another deserving candidate. Hasbro could get three repaints out of that mold if they wanted (Grindore, Evac, Whirl)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Because if there's anything the movie line needs, it's more Bumblebee toys.

JSon
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Uh... this is kinda out of left field, defiantly the last news I was expecting today. I would have much preferred a Leader Blackout/Grindor or The Fallen over a Bumblebee, but of course BB makes much more sense from a selling (to kids) stand-point.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still excited :D

tusko
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Awe ya, eventual leader class Cliffjumper is a comin'.
Just you wait!

What else could this be modded into with a new head and hands? Masterpiece Jazz?

Richter
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
This is a big middle finger to the HA line. HA BB is basically in scale with the leaders isn't he?

I'd be happy if he was voyager sized with leader-like detail, articulation and complex transformation for ultimate screen accuracy

Nocturn
01-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Awe ya, eventual leader class Cliffjumper is a comin'.
Just you wait!

:eek:

IT BETTER.

renegade_decepticon
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
This is really no surprize to me that there making another bumblebee mold thats leader class size, however it does rather have a masterpiece look to it with the sholder missles pods and more accurate arm cannon and i bet the main mech alive voice clip will be him talking in a radio voice lol.

but really hasbro and takara can't you see that all we want is a LEADER CLASS FALLEN!

Mumps
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I personally wouldn't like a Leader Class Fallen. Mainly because he doesn't TF into anything...

If I were to choose the next movie TF to be Leaderized, I would choose Ironhide.

It's great that we will be getting this. But... Soon I'm gonna have to make a shelf JUST for Bumblebee's! Hell, I might as well do that. Go from G1 to Movie 2, and beyond.

Team Jetfire
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
At first I thought it was stupid for them to have another BB, but looking at the potential alternatives, or lack there of I really see no issue with it...As long as it is better that the 'Ultimate POS'

keanu577
01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
I want to kill Bumblebee. He doesn't deserve to be like Hotrod!
I mean kill him in the next movie! I AM NOT GETTING THIS PIECE OF-of-of... Of popular son of a- oh wait no... BUT STILL I'M NOT GETTING THIS! I want a long haul or fallen or maybe Grindor!

keanu577
01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I personally wouldn't like a Leader Class Fallen. Mainly because he doesn't TF into anything...

If I were to choose the next movie TF to be Leaderized, I would choose Ironhide.

It's great that we will be getting this. But... Soon I'm gonna have to make a shelf JUST for Bumblebee's! Hell, I might as well do that. Go from G1 to Movie 2, and beyond.

Ironhide would be awesome... WITH THE RIGHT COLOURS!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Leader-class Dewbot! C'mon, Hasbro!

OneShallFall
01-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Has/Tak is a business and they are in it to make money.Makes sense to me.

If it is affordable I will buy it.If not I will wait until you guys dont buy it and it goes on sale,then buy 2. :D

This = Win for me

Code of Honor
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Easy pass.

prime13
01-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Better choices: 1)Constructicon Overload/any. I don't give a sh*t if he doesn't transform in the movie.

2)Ironhide.This time no missiles. Really guys, Grey fire?

3)Blackout/Grindor. You know we've been asking.

4)Soundwave. with a connectible mini ravage.

5)The fallen. With a removable face, or staff and matrix.

I could go on.

jacobot
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I think The Fallen is winning the 'should've been' vote :)

When this comes out the Supreme will have been reduced to $30 again :rolleyes:

Team Jetfire
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I understand why people are pissed, but really, what is the benefit for HASBRO in making a leader class version of Ironhide, Blackout, Fallen, or any other figure besides BB? Sure it will make some fan boys happy, but lets be honest here, kids love the Bee.

Lysist
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
....Sorry, HasTakomy but you will not be getting my $$$ on this one. I have my HA figure and I am sticking with it. May this figure be the end for BaybleBee.

Benzo
01-04-2010, 10:14 PM
they are really milking this character are they? either way I'm totally getting this! :)

Stapler
01-04-2010, 10:37 PM

This wins! Thread over.

Seriously, though, Dewbot needs more love. But my personal pick for a character to get the leader class treatment is Demolisher. I know he may not be a popular choice but I would buy that in a heartbeat. I also love the mentioned idea of a leader class Overload.:)

Pascal
01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I would like an Ultimate Wheelie before a Leader Dewbot. DLX Dewbot would be enough. :)

Cheers Ian
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
The collector part of me says "What's the point? We already have an AWESOME Bumblebee that's inscale with Leader Prime from the HA line, why do we need this?"

Now the analytical part of me says "Bumblebee is a cash cow for Hasbro, and honestly probably 80% of the ROTF line is bought for children, so Hasbro is smart to release a larger scale Bumbleebee which is more affordable than the Ultimate version."

And honestly, the only other leader class figure I would have wanted would have been Longhaul. And look at when Hasbro did the last minor character in the leader class size- Brawl, I think you can STILL find him at retail if you look hard enough.

The Fallen would have made more sense, but he's not going to sell like Bumbleebee. The lack of a distinct Alt. mode hurts him. Children would much prefer a truck or a car vs. a spikey space shuttle thing.

Conclusion - No Leader Class Bumblebee for Ian.

Cheers!
-Ian

Pascal
01-05-2010, 01:57 AM
About Leader Blackout... wasn't Brawl (and his Leader toy) an "accident"? I think Megatron was meant to be a real life tank but that design ended up being Brawl.

Sideswipe
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
This wins! Thread over.

This is the boat I'm getting on.

Richter
01-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Man, I wouldn't mind finding a heavily discounted leader brawl somewhere... I ignored the TFTM line completly, and that was probably the best leader mold.

GMfan
01-05-2010, 03:45 AM
About Leader Blackout... wasn't Brawl (and his Leader toy) an "accident"? I think Megatron was meant to be a real life tank but that design ended up being Brawl.

I don't recall that actually being said anywhere. I think it's an overwhelming fan spec that got blown out of proportion. As far as I know Michael Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman had Megatron intent on keeping a cybertronian mode since day one of production.

Now there was an early sketch made as a test shot of what looked like a tank Megs (attached) but the design was nothing close to Brawl's design. Judging by the design it had to be early in production as the movie aesthetic wasn't even evident.

Pascal
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Interesting design... A bit on the skinny side, but I like the clean lines.

GMfan
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Yaa....looks too close to that 6' Titanium Megs that everyone loves oh so much :P

Prowl_2009
01-11-2010, 12:42 PM
^^ LOL. :p