PDA

View Full Version : a couple of TFCon questions

Dragon Knight
11-25-2009, 12:55 PM
I've been thinking about going to TF Con this year, but I Have a few quarries for you TF Con vets...

1: What sort of stuff can you find in the dealers room? Is there any chance of finding FansProject stuff like the City Commander, or Ariel Bots Apendage?

2: What about about hard to get stuff like Henkei Convoy or even a Classics Prime? Would any booths have them open at least? Would they carry any other Japanese stuff like other Henkei figures and Masterpieces?

3: What are the prices like?

4: Does any of the booths carry things other then Transformers? I'm also wondering if any of them will have DX Braves...

5: What guests will be there? I'm wondering if Peter cullen will be attending, and if you'll have to pay to get his autograph

And finally

5: How would I get there using the TTC? I'm coming from Mississauga, I live on Shelby cresent to be exact, fifteen minutes away from Square 1 and the closest road to me is Tomken.

FreedomGundam
11-25-2009, 01:01 PM
1) Possibly. A lot of stores who have dealers tables sell the 3rd-party accessory kits

2) It all depends. Last year, Silver Snail's table had craploads of Henkei stuff. Though Henkei/Classics Primes were hard to come by, obviously...

3) I'd say most prices are upwards of "good". Most dealers will allow a little bit of haggling or whatnot, but your mileage may vary.

4) DX Braves? Though I'd love that, highly unlikely. You'll find plenty of Star Wars, GIJoe, and other American toys, but little to none of other Japanese toys.

5) I don't think any guests have been announced yet. And no, you won't have to pay for any autographs or any pictures with the guests.

I can't help you on #6. I've been going to TFCon for 4 years now, and I've only taken the bus there the first time (2006). Can't say I remember how I did that, though, at this point. :)

Nightscrabbler
11-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Barring any unforeseen special circumstances, all photographs and autographs from guests do not cost anything extra.

Prices vary from dealer to dealer... you can find total bargains and there might be other things that you find expensive. If you want the best deals, go for the early admission, and stay at the show to the very end.

You can find some hard-to-find things.

Some booths have things other than TFs, especially on Sunday when an influx of non-TF dealers arrive to rejuvenate the dealer room so that it's not all the same stuff as Saturday.

There's a stickied thread on public transportation (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=1518) for all your TTC questions.

Prowl_2009
11-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Ah, Star Wars figures too? I am going to need to bring a bigger car. :D :p

Aernaroth
11-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I've been thinking about going to TF Con this year, but I Have a few quarries for you TF Con vets...

1: What sort of stuff can you find in the dealers room? Is there any chance of finding FansProject stuff like the City Commander, or Ariel Bots Apendage?

2: What about about hard to get stuff like Henkei Convoy or even a Classics Prime? Would any booths have them open at least? Would they carry any other Japanese stuff like other Henkei figures and Masterpieces?

3: What are the prices like?

4: Does any of the booths carry things other then Transformers? I'm also wondering if any of them will have DX Braves...

5: What guests will be there? I'm wondering if Peter cullen will be attending, and if you'll have to pay to get his autograph

And finally

5: How would I get there using the TTC? I'm coming from Mississauga, I live on Shelby cresent to be exact, fifteen minutes away from Square 1 and the closest road to me is Tomken.

1+2) It's the biggest TF focused dealer room in Canada. From G1 to ROTF, you're likely to find something you'll like. There will likely be dealers carrying the fansprojects stuff you mentioned. Basically, you have private dealers selling their personal collections, online/brick and mortar stores like our sponsors selling new stuff, and then dealers who are mixtures between the two. There are dealers who sell imported stuff that's new, and there are dealers who are willing to sell older, rarer stuff (although what is available depends on them). Its hard to say specifics, but I've seen pretty much all the stuff you've mentioned in previous years.

3) Prices depend on the dealers. They're usually pretty fair, compared to online prices and ebay, but it depends on what the dealer wants. Some dealers are willing to bargain.

4) Many dealers carry non-tf stuff, especially on the Sunday. The big focus is on GI Joe, TF, and Star Wars, not anime, but you find dealers who do carry Braves and Macross stuff. A lot easier to find TF stuff though.

5) Guests will be announced closer to the date of the show. In previous years, Autographs and a photo taken with the guest (provided you have a camera) have been included in the price of admission.

6) Check the sticky thread at the top of this section.