PDA

View Full Version : V

Pascal
11-04-2009, 08:45 PM
So who watched it last night? I thought it was a good start, I like the direction they're taking although the action sometimes felt a bit rushed... I bought the original V miniseries DVD tonight to compare. Good memories!

Robimus
11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
It will be tough for them to compare to the original. I like how they incorporated the Internet/terrorism and stuff. I'll keep watching if I'm home when its on.

Phalanx
11-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I forgot it was on and missed it... O.o

Megamould
11-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought it was an awesome start. I'm a huge fan of the original. I thought that maybe they revealed too much about the visitors too soon, but they need to get people hooked somehow. I really hope they give the series a chance!

pud333
11-05-2009, 12:54 AM
I had no idea a remake was even being contemplated until I saw a bus stop ad today. I was like, "WTF? V? HOLY SHIT!" So yeah, missed the first episode, but downloading now...

Dark Rage
11-05-2009, 12:59 AM
It somehow has that Canadian style that I just don't like...

blitz
11-05-2009, 02:19 AM
It somehow has that Canadian style that I just don't like...Maybe because it was filmed in Vancouver, BC with digitally altered buildings?

Well I kind of agreed that this episode seemed to rush things a little and revealed a lot. Well theres only 3 more epidsodes and then you got to wait to next year.

Pascal
11-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I thought it was 5 episodes?

JLvatron
11-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I liked it alot and nice to see it was true to the original. I was worried they'd do a BattleStar Galactica and make ridiculous premise changes like
'Visitors are robots who want to get pregnant, but are allergic to lizards and can't see through water'.

. I thought that maybe they revealed too much about the visitors too soon, but they need to get people hooked somehow.

Yah, the major problem was all was revealed in 1 hr instead of the great mini-series of the original (2 x 2hrs= 4hrs or something).

Yah, twas rushed when the resistence guy revealed himself and explains in 20 seconds what should have been an entire episode plot.

Ultra Maverick
11-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I missed it!
and hate myself for it.
I'm glad for the most part people enjoyed it.

I was a big fan of the original, and may now have to pick up the box set. Can't imagine what they will do with only 4 episodes this season.

Mumps
11-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Now, I have never even seen the original, and never heard of it until I heard V was being "re-made". However, the simple fact that we're getting a new Sci-Fi show had me waiting anxiously for the first episode.

Spoilers, kinda, from here on if you never seen it *shrug*

That said... I thought it was rather rushed. The whole resistance and the fight with the V's should have been the premise of the next episode IMO. But then again, the rest of the series may be better paced, since I think they did that just to get people interested. But I could be wrong. I liked the first episode enough to continue watching the show, so i look forward to the next episode. I have a really hard time believing the teen character and his mom though, they both act so... fake!

JLvatron
11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I was a big fan of the original, and may now have to pick up the box set. Can't imagine what they will do with only 4 episodes this season.

The original miniseries was about 4 hrs (or 6?), so it wasn't very long either. And there was no ending to it, only the early formations of awareness leading to resistence.

I have a really hard time believing the teen character and his mom though, they both act so... fake!

Yuppers. Who's the young V the boy likes? Was she Supergirl on Smallville:90210?

jourdo
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Smallville:90210?

LOL!

Pascal
11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
The original miniseries was about 4 hrs (or 6?), so it wasn't very long either. And there was no ending to it, only the early formations of awareness leading to resistence.

There was the miniseries (197 minutes total), then season 1 (19 episodes, 60 minutes each). Season 2 got cancelled even though one episode had already been written.

JLvatron
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
There were actually 2 mini-series, V and V:the Final Battle (which came the following season). Then they had the show.

The new V being just a few eps long isn't so different in length as the original mini-series.

Pascal
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah right, Final Battle. Need to find that one on DVD too! Not sure if I will bother with season 1 though.

JLvatron
11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I have it on vhs (recorded from Space years ago). If I transfer to dvd, ask me for a copy, it's really good!

Shepp
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I missed it, since I opted to watch The Biggest Loser with my wife, since we both enjoy watching that.

Anyways, I might end up just waiting for the DVD release, which I seem to do with every series I want to watch.

I can't watch anymore episodes until I catch the one I missed, which is easiest when done through DVDs.

I am looking forward to it, because I never watched the old series, same with Battlestar Galactica. So I'll be going into it with fresh eyes, a different experience than most.

Pascal
11-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Watching the original miniseries, I just noticed something cool: when the aliens attack the mountain camp, there's a huge Mazinger toy (jumbo?) next to the little girls playing.

Pascal
11-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Boring episode tonight. I want my hour back!

JLvatron
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Not enough happened, but I still liked it.