PDA

View Full Version : Reboot movie teaser released, things just got colder in hell

Takao
10-21-2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTs7qG2LOaQ&feature=player_embedded

The proposed trillogy of animated Reboot movies has finally received it's first bit of actual evidence of it's existance! For those not in the know, Rainmaker purchased series creator MainFrame Entertainment some years ago. The only thing dampering this swell news is that Megabyte voice actor, Tony Jay, passed away a few years ago.

BeeBoy29
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
so cool, man i loved reboot!

JLvatron
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
good news, sad about Tony.

When Beasties 1st aired, I noticed a strong similarity in Megatron's voice with Megabyte, not to mention their 'Mega' names. I would guess David Kaye to be ideal for the movie role.

Mumps
10-21-2009, 04:17 PM
It's really too bad about Tony... But yeah, Kaye would make a great Megabyte. I'm sure whoever they pick will be great.

It was so weird when I was playing games in my basement one night. Me and 3 friends were playing a card game, the rest of my friends were watching Tail Spin on DVD. It was that moment that I found out his also voiced Shere Khan. I had my back turned to the TV, and I heard Megabyte. haha, sometimes it's weird to listen to older cartoons and hear voice actors who use the same voice for certain roles.

I am so exited for the Reboot movies though!!
Now they just need to release Reboot on DVD and I will be a happy happy person.

Nightscrabbler
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
It's unlikely that Reboot will be released on DVD in the near future, unless this movie is successful.

I was very excited to see the teaser trailer though and I hope that in this reinvention they keep the key components...

Teletoon Retro is showing season 3 now.

talon4ce
10-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't suppose they could get Jeremy Irons for Megabyte? :D

TMIIWonkoNemises
10-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't suppose they could get Jeremy Irons for Megabyte? :D

lol...reminds me of this one time that I told Jim Su(Animator of Season 4 ReBoot)that they should get Peter O'Toole to play Megabyte.:p

aximili
10-22-2009, 10:07 AM
This is the best news I've heard in a long time. ReBoot is one of my all-time favourite shows! They need to release the whole thing on DVD, all I have is the season 4 movies (the corrected disc), but I missed out on the season 3 releases and now they're mega expensive.

It's one of the few shows where I want to watch the series at least once a year.

JLvatron
10-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Hopefully they'll make a Zixx:Level 4 movie! :)

Benzo
10-22-2009, 07:46 PM
sweet! I love Reboot!

Oasis
10-22-2009, 08:24 PM
MORE! That preview was scanty!!

Protoman
10-23-2009, 12:31 AM
I know it's a long shot, but hopefully Hasbro can repair their relationship with Rainmaker (formerly Mainframe)

Dark Rage
10-23-2009, 12:57 AM
MORE! That preview was scanty!!

Reboot is popular OUTSIDE of Canada? Eh?

I know it's a long shot, but hopefully Hasbro can repair their relationship with Rainmaker (formerly Mainframe)

What happened?

Protoman
10-23-2009, 01:10 AM

What happened?

Back in 1999 Hasbro and Mainframe had a falling out. It all started with Beast Wars season 3 when Hasbro pushed Mainframe to make CG models for characters that won't be used for long durations (Example: Tigerhawk) to sell products. At the time, it took Mainframe about 6 months to make a perfect final model for a character. Going into Beast Machines a lot of Hasbro input bothered Mainframe and also coupled with them signing a 5 year deal with Hasbro's rival company Mattel didn't help either. A lot of bridges were burned........

But it's 2009, the TF franchise is a household name, 2 mega movies. I think Mainframe (now Rainmaker) had time to heal and they can maybe work out something............. god please.............. we need flawless sharp TF fiction again......

talon4ce
10-23-2009, 01:59 AM
I dearly hope there will be a moment in the movie that will cause for recreation of the scene of my 10-year-old self running around the house, screaming "They found Bob!" over and over, much to the bewilderment of my parents. You all know the episode I'm talking about ;)

TMIIWonkoNemises
10-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I dearly hope there will be a moment in the movie that will cause for recreation of the scene of my 10-year-old self running around the house, screaming "They found Bob!" over and over, much to the bewilderment of my parents. You all know the episode I'm talking about ;)

Surprised that I missed that Episode when it aired...had to wait a few months for YTV to rerun it.

Tech Spec
10-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I had to watch the re-run for that episode too, but it was a damn good episode.

Now on to this movie thing... really... a movie??? BRING IT! :cool:

Nightscrabbler
10-28-2009, 09:35 PM

ReBoot was on ABC for a season, but didn't renew for season 3. Cult following like here, I imagine.

Episodes are on YouTube also.

TMIIWonkoNemises
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
ReBoot was on ABC for a season, but didn't renew for season 3. Cult following like here, I imagine.

Episodes are on YouTube also.

Didn't call ABC 'treacherous dogs' for nothing :D

Takao
11-02-2009, 05:29 PM
The thing is, a lot of the people behind Beast Wars, Reboot, and Shadow Raiders at MainFrame left the company. Some to form a company called Nerd Corps, behind Dragon Booster, Storm Hawks, Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5, and League Of Super Evil.

Shepp
11-02-2009, 11:01 PM

I remember that episode well. I anticipated it and yet doubted it right up until the moment of the big reveal.

I'd probably pick up a complete series release of Re-Boot if it were ever produced, but only if it had the additional Re-Boot: the Ride footage.

Its sad what happened to Mainframe. After Shadow Raiders / Shadow Planets (which was actually pretty good, from what I can remember), they seemed to slip into a vat of manure and made "Weird-Ohs!". After that, they seemed to do nothing but mediocre Hot-Wheels stuff alongside really horrible Barbie stuff.

Having seen a bit of footage from one of the more recent Barbie movies (I actually have no idea if Rainmaker even makes them), it looks like Rainmaker really didn't bother upgrading Mainframe's equipment from their Weird-Ohs! level of technology (which just seemed like a faster S3 of Re-Boot's equipment).

More Re-Boot? Sure. Bring it on and stay frosty. I missed out on the whole Daemon Rising thing, and it would give me yet another avenue to relive my youth.

As much as I'd really enjoy Mainframe (okay, Rainmaker) take another stab at a Transformers property, I'm a bit afraid at what they might do with it.

I mean, there will never be another Beasties. And there will never be another Beast Machines.

Even if they got the old writers and producers and voice actors together, I don't think they could continue another season of Beasties, or BM. I'd rather they take a stab at something new. Possibly Trans-Tech-ish, or something fresh like Animated.

TMIIWonkoNemises
11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I remember that episode well. I anticipated it and yet doubted it right up until the moment of the big reveal.

I'd probably pick up a complete series release of Re-Boot if it were ever produced, but only if it had the additional Re-Boot: the Ride footage.

Its sad what happened to Mainframe. After Shadow Raiders / Shadow Planets (which was actually pretty good, from what I can remember), they seemed to slip into a vat of manure and made "Weird-Ohs!". After that, they seemed to do nothing but mediocre Hot-Wheels stuff alongside really horrible Barbie stuff.

Having seen a bit of footage from one of the more recent Barbie movies (I actually have no idea if Rainmaker even makes them), it looks like Rainmaker really didn't bother upgrading Mainframe's equipment from their Weird-Ohs! level of technology (which just seemed like a faster S3 of Re-Boot's equipment).

More Re-Boot? Sure. Bring it on and stay frosty. I missed out on the whole Daemon Rising thing, and it would give me yet another avenue to relive my youth.

As much as I'd really enjoy Mainframe (okay, Rainmaker) take another stab at a Transformers property, I'm a bit afraid at what they might do with it.

I mean, there will never be another Beasties. And there will never be another Beast Machines.

Even if they got the old writers and producers and voice actors together, I don't think they could continue another season of Beasties, or BM. I'd rather they take a stab at something new. Possibly Trans-Tech-ish, or something fresh like Animated.

War Planets(Shadow Raiders)were pretty good,even if we had some sort of open-ended conclusion.Weird-Ohs I actually liked,since it was a comedy,which was a refresher from the epic series we had from the past.

There were other stuff Mainframe did before it fell and Rainmaker took over.They did the short-lived 2001 Spider-Man Series(Which was one of my top favourite Mainframe shows)and two Seasons of the Zixx Level Series.

Compared to Season III of ReBoot,Rainmaker has indeed upgraded their CG technology;it's easily shown in the 'Daemon Rising' and 'My Two Bobs' arc.

I'm glad Rainmaker is taking another stab at ReBoot,even if it might not be the same...as long as we get some conclusion to this Series.

Why do we need another Season of Beast Wars and Beast Machines?These were done perfectly,and it doesn't need to be tampered anymore(Except for the Toyline,but that's a whole other story).I do wish that Transtech was the next Series instead of R.i.D. and Armada.We don't know if Hasbro will bother putting that Series on the table again,and if it is,it would be nice to have Rainmaker do it,or even Nerd Corp. for that matter(If they use other forms of CG technology).