PDA

View Full Version : Target in Brampton ?

devilsknight
05-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Been hearing this from a few people. Didn't see it posted here yet.

But The Bay at shopper's world in Brampton, if some of you didn't know closed.

Rumor has it, that Target will be opening a store there !?!

BadJeff
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't that be nice. Target exclusives in Canada possibly..... Shouldn't get too excited though, it'll end up being the same deal as walmart, US only... Sorry Canada

PrimeConvoy
05-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Interesting. Just the other day my gf was telling me that there's a rumor that there's going to be one opening here in one of the old walmarts. Didnt think it was ture casue I never heard any other place getting one, espeically in bigger cities. But maybe there is some ture there....But like BadJeff said it will be the same deal as other places up here for exclusives.

Super_Megatron
05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Target did purchase Zellers, I'm surprised only the Target-type signage was implemented.

StarwarsTF
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Thats true target owns Zellers but I heard shoppers has less then 2 years left then more apartments to go up. We welcome all the punk ass "thugs" from Scarbrough!!! Espeacially from the governments whom are trying to hide crime in one city and push it too a another one. Just look at Brampton North, it's suffering from that already.

Oh wait the tim's will remain at shoppers!

GMfan
05-18-2007, 07:08 PM
It woud be nice but like Jeff said I doubt the exclusives would make their way here...otherwise Zellers may as well push them too. However I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Zellers signs have changed to the more recent Target style.

lars573
05-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Target did purchase Zellers, I'm surprised only the Target-type signage was implemented.
Target doesn't own Hudson's bay company (of which Zellers and the Bay are subsidiary's). Some Yank billionaire named Jerry Zucker bought it.

soundwaveCA
05-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't think it would matter either way as all roads still lead through Hasbro Canada who ultimately decides and negotiates with the retailers whats coming and what's not. Still Target coming to Canada could possibly open up some new doors exclusive wise, if not at least it would be another store to check out.

Xalticus
05-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't think it would matter either way as all roads still lead through Hasbro Canada who ultimately decides and negotiates with the retailers whats coming and what's not. Still Target coming to Canada could possibly open up some new doors exclusive wise, if not at least it would be another store to check out.

I thought all roads lead to Brampton.

jourdo
05-19-2007, 10:20 AM
I also heard rumors last year about Target going north of the border. It would be nice to see Wally world get some competition.

Hey, I never thought Best Buy would come here. Stranger things have happened.

GMfan
05-19-2007, 03:05 PM
I thought all roads lead to Brampton.

The 400 doesn't :P

Xalticus
05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
The 400 doesn't :P

Not yet, Brampton is always expanding, soon enough there will be a war as Brampton will begin spreading into Toronto, and Toronto won't like that so they will start sending Vagrant missiles at Brampton, Brampton will attempt to counter their attempts with Wigger shielding.

Stormrave
05-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see Target too, now that Zellers got bought by that American guy, and also because Zellers is starting to suck. Their prices for toys seem to keep going up while the cleanliness and orderliness of their stores goes down. Sometimes I can still find some things first at zellers (like Robot heroes, which I got at the new Minas zellers) but overall, Zellers is not what it was 5 years ago.

Xalticus
05-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see Target too, now that Zellers got bought by that American guy, and also because Zellers is starting to suck. Their prices for toys seem to keep going up while the cleanliness and orderliness of their stores goes down. Sometimes I can still find some things first at zellers (like Robot heroes, which I got at the new Minas zellers) but overall, Zellers is not what it was 5 years ago.

More like 10 years ago, the downward slope began around 97ish, as I remember looking for n64 games back then everywhere had them for like 50-60 bucks, Zellers had a crappier selection all of which was priced in the 80-99 dollars range. It was disgusting.