PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy alternators

chisau
05-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm looking to buy cheap alternators for a diorama.

I need:
-Grimlock or wheeljack (to be kitbashed into grimlock)
-any Honda S2000 (to be kitbashed into Swoop)
-Skids (to be kitbashed into Sludge and Cadilac Escalade)(i need help with this one)
-Any Jeep Chrikee (to be kitbashed into Snarel)
-optimus prime (to be kitbashed into Slag)

They don't have to be in good condition. but they need to be cheap ($10-$20 each). matter of fact, few dents and scratches are welcome.

I'm also looking for Binaltech Laserwave (BT-13). this one has to be MIB and i'm willing to pay a lot more for.

nuropa
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
just saw some on ebay, not sure if they are cheap enough for u.

http://search.stores.ebay.ca/Canadian-Action-Figure-Dealer_alternators_W0QQfciZ9QQfclZ3QQfsnZCanadianQ 20ActionQ20FigureQ20DealerQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftsZ2Q QsaselZ19553201QQsofpZ0

dak
05-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Reshelling the Skidz into an Escalade may be a bit difficult. The Prime mold would be better suited and easier to reshell, But I do suggest using the head. Prime's overall body mass would work better too for a slugde. If I could suggest a Prowl or camshaft for Slag, but this is only IMO.

chisau
05-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Reshelling the Skidz into an Escalade may be a bit difficult. The Prime mold would be better suited and easier to reshell, But I do suggest using the head. Prime's overall body mass would work better too for a slugde. If I could suggest a Prowl or camshaft for Slag, but this is only IMO.

I think the dodge ram STR is perfect fit for slag, since slag likes to ram stuff in his dino mode. I also think that Escalade is perfect fit for Sludge. Sludge is big, slow, and stupid. if sludge is a human, i think he would drive an Escalade. I already bought a 1:24 scale Escalade model kit. If you think that Prime mold would be a better fit. I would love to hear on how to pull it off. Like i said, i need help with sluge because, for him, it's not just a repaint.

dak
05-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Yea, the Escalade would be great, I just don't think using Skidz as a base is a wise choice, but I suggest using Prime as the starting base, and add the escalade body over top.

grimlock09
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM
there this new alternators on ebay
the alt. rodimus

chisau
05-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Yea, the Escalade would be great, I just don't think using Skidz as a base is a wise choice, but I suggest using Prime as the starting base, and add the escalade body over top.

I don't see the fit. can you elaborate? how is it a better fit??

dak
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
The Ram and Escalade are larger cars, their bodies are bigger, have a bigger wheel base, and they are longer than the average car. The Scion is a small car. You would need to extend the body, change the size of the wheels and so on. If you're thinking the scion is better because it's got a roof all along the body, it's actually going to be a little more difficult to make sure everything aligns. If you use Prime, the body is roughly the exact same size, no need for a wheel base change or anything. and one thing I'd also do is add the knee mod to the prime body so Sludge can be a little more taller, and you won't have a problem bending the knee with the roof on the back of the car.