PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Remastered marathon

Metroplex79
09-08-2009, 12:12 AM
It was on Space today. Surprised no threads on it.

10. The Tholian Web
9. Piece of the Action
8. The Enterprise Incident
7. Balance of Terror
6. Space Seed
5. The Doomsday Machine
4. The Trouble with Tribbles
3. Amok Time
2. The City on the Edge of Forever
1. Mirror, Mirror

***I think that was the correct order***

This is the first time a Top 10 on Space I didn't agree with.

Why the blazes were "The Ultimate Computer" not selected? Enterprise vs 3 other Constitution class vessels. "The Corbomite Maneuver", a CG version of Balok's ship would have been cool. "The Deadly Years", had a decent space battle. "Elaan of Troyius", also had a decent space battle. "Journey to Babel" another with a decent space battle.

"Piece of the Action" and "The City on the Edge of Forever" was a waste. Not saying they're bad eps, but a waste because not much to see in new FX. Also "The Trouble with Tribbles" has a slight update when DS9 did their version. "Amok Time" gave us a decent shot of CG Vulcan and the "arena", but not much else.

Also, it was cool to watch The Cage in its entirety for the first time.

Anyone else watch?

Beechy
09-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I had been watching space all weekend. My sleep suffured for it. I fell asleep prior to Space Seed.

EnragedCoconut
09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I watched a few of the movies on Space the day before. I think I made it through part of IV, all of V and part of VI before life dragged me away from the television.

HC

jacobot
09-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Because it was Top Ten Voted for... I had Robimus put up a thread on AFN about how you could vote for your favorite episodes on Space... but know one was interested :(

Aernaroth
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought it was cool to see them update the show's effects and image quality, but the result sometimes seemed... disjointed. I didn't think the effects really needed a cg update, as seeing how they made it look in that era was part of the charm of the show.

Evan
09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I didn't think the effects really needed a cg update, as seeing how they made it look in that era was part of the charm of the show.
I totally agree. I feel the same when they restore classic animation.

That being said, it was still cool. I didn't watch all of it, but tuned in for a few episodes including The Cage.

Nightscrabbler
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I watched The Tholian Web and a Piece of the Action. The Tholian Web seemed like it was going to be pretty cool, but then it was disappointing. Piece of the Action was amusing.

Phalanx
09-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Improving the image/audio quality makes sense, but while it was interesting to see the updated special effects, I thought it was sort of pointless to recreate them shot for shot. What's the point of giving a shiny new CGI Enterprise when it does that same wobbly fly past? O.o

-KG-
09-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Improving the image/audio quality makes sense, but while it was interesting to see the updated special effects, I thought it was sort of pointless to recreate them shot for shot. What's the point of giving a shiny new CGI Enterprise when it does that same wobbly fly past? O.o

I actually thought the same thing. I mean, the Enterprise looks great, but it still moves awkwardly.

lynda1234
09-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.
Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

this is good news for other visitors.

JLvatron
09-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Also, it was cool to watch The Cage in its entirety for the first time.

Errr... you didn't put it on the list?

Thanks for the thread, I hadn't seen it! :)