PDA

View Full Version : iGear IG-PP01 Mini Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Super_Megatron
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
iGear IG-PP01 Mini Masterpiece Optimus Prime (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/igear-ig-pp01-mini-masterpiece-optimus-prime-168342/)

Category: Generation 1

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

GMfan
08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Hasbro won't be happy....at....all

Dark Rage
08-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Hasbro must be giddy..so many organizations to crush...so little time!

astrana
08-14-2009, 01:44 AM
the size looks nice with MP grimlock

Icetron
08-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Looks cool!

TheLogicalProwl
08-14-2009, 02:03 AM
SWEEEEET!

snowtech
08-14-2009, 03:33 AM
really nice fig

OneShallFall
08-14-2009, 06:03 AM
So at the risk of sounding ignorant,how would I order one of these and anyone have an idea on price?

snowtech
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
group buy!

venksta
08-14-2009, 07:50 AM
I find it sad fans get excited and supportive of knockoffs like this, but when a group tries to bring some new to the table, they bash it, even if its something Hasbro will never do.

By the way, compare the base of that head stand from the igear set, to this stand for the Optimus Prime head statue.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/optimus-head-bust-l.jpg

They copied it exactly, except for the autobot symbol and name. iGear can don't anything original.

onecoin
08-14-2009, 07:56 AM
I find it sad fans get excited and supportive of knockoffs like this, but when a group tries to bring some new to the table, they bash it, even if its something Hasbro will never do.

Well spoken.

UltraMarknus
08-14-2009, 08:26 AM
This is really pushing it. I dont agree with this at all. I whole heartedly (and financially) support 3rd party TF makers but this isn't right.

tusko
08-14-2009, 08:30 AM
I probably will not support this, but it does force Hasbro to stay on its toes.
I wish the same way Marvel has moved from comics to entertainment, Hasbro would move from toys to collectables. I feel the change is slowly coming but quality, scale and materials matter. These "fan products" show there is a untapped market.

venksta
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
This is really pushing it. I dont agree with this at all. I whole heartedly (and financially) support 3rd party TF makers but this isn't right.

I probably will not support this, but it does force Hasbro to stay on its toes.
I wish the same way Marvel has moved from comics to entertainment, Hasbro would move from toys to collectables. I feel the change is slowly coming but quality, scale and materials matter. These "fan products" show there is a untapped market.

I see this ruining the process of easily buying the original 3rd party stuff. I think for Hasbro, it would be very easy to send a big legal letter to any of the retailers, like BBTS or TFSource, and tell them to stop from selling products that look like their IP. That would mean no FP Protector kit. Unless you found a retailer outside of North America, but it might not be as cheap as the NA retailers.

So far, I honestly think Hasbro was turning a blind eye towards this stuff, because it was something new, and they didn't have to spend the resources on it. But now that iGear is really KOing their stuff, I don't see them letting it pass.

So far, iGear's is KOing this MP Prime, the Sharkitcons, and the MP Trailer. Also, they'll eventually announce the mini Classics Prime and the mini MP Megatron.

By the way, I had a couple sources tell me iGear was behind these mini Prime KOs weeks ago. But they said to expect iGear to release them under a different name, so people wouldn't know it was them. It seems iGears wants people to think their half involved, as the name implies their only partners in it. My same sources have also said before, they were behind the KO City/Shadow Commander KOs.

rhinoxmaximal
08-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Gotta admit, I'm excited to see the finished product. I wonder how the quality is? Is it die-cast as well?

but I haven't decided if this will be a purchase or not. He is shorter than I would like. I wish he was as tall as Grimlock.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
08-14-2009, 10:25 AM
I love the idea of this - a version of MP Prime that's to scale with regular Deluxe Autobot cars - but this really is pretty much a straight knock-off. I don't have much of a problem with knock-offs of figures that were originally made decades ago and who's designers have long since collected their paycheques but this is really pushing it.

It'll probably be hella expensive, too.

Beechy
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Also, they'll eventually announce the mini Classics Prime and the mini MP Megatron.

I can't see Megs ending well....actual gun size maybe?

venksta
08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I can't see Megs ending well....actual gun size maybe?

Thats what I heard. He'd be downscaled so his gun mode is 1:1 in size. He'll be hard to import if released.

jjwankenobi
08-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I see this ruining the process of easily buying the original 3rd party stuff. I think for Hasbro, it would be very easy to send a big legal letter to any of the retailers, like BBTS or TFSource, and tell them to stop from selling products that look like their IP. That would mean no FP Protector kit. Unless you found a retailer outside of North America, but it might not be as cheap as the NA retailers.

If that happens I'm going to hire ninjas to work their magic on certain iGear personnel.

Um...anyone know their address?

Beechy
08-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Thats what I heard. He'd be downscaled so his gun mode is 1:1 in size. He'll be hard to import if released.

If they did this, I would consider getting an MP megs and IG's megs to have both modes, and make it look like megs can shrink. MP would stay in robot mode. and vice versa.

venksta
08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, looks like BBTS will not carry this at all. Someone on Seibertron contacted them and asked. Their answer was no.

Cheers Ian
08-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Oooo.

Hasbro is not going to like this. I thought they said in a certain interview that they like some third party stuff like accessories because it's not infringing any copyrights but some of the stuff is starting to cross the line.

I'm pretty sure this p*sses all over the line.

Cheers!
-Ian

Autobot Hound
08-17-2009, 02:57 PM
FINALLY!!!! a voyager sized MP G1 Prime!!! It's soooo funny cause just 2 weeks ago i was looking at my hybrid prime and MP prime and just wishing "they" would make something in between.
Im not sure how i feel about the whole "3rd party" issue but all i know is....i want 10 of him!!! oh man and i'll need trailers too!! lolzzz!!!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
08-17-2009, 09:08 PM
FINALLY!!!! a voyager sized MP G1 Prime!!! It's soooo funny cause just 2 weeks ago i was looking at my hybrid prime and MP prime and just wishing "they" would make something in between.
There's always Ultimate Battle Prime. I think Robot Masters Convoy is also bigger than THS-02, but admittedly not by much.

Autobot Hound
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
There's always Ultimate Battle Prime. I think Robot Masters Convoy is also bigger than THS-02, but admittedly not by much.

ya those primes are so so for me. After seeing them in person it didn't do much for me for some reason. I know the molds of the ones you mentions are similar to THS-02 but feels lacking in primeness if you know wat i mean.

brr-icy
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM

So far, I honestly think Hasbro was turning a blind eye towards this stuff, because it was something new, and they didn't have to spend the resources on it. But now that iGear is really KOing their stuff, I don't see them letting it pass.

So far, iGear's is KOing this MP Prime, the Sharkitcons, and the MP Trailer. Also, they'll eventually announce the mini Classics Prime and the mini MP Megatron.

By the way, I had a couple sources tell me iGear was behind these mini Prime KOs weeks ago. But they said to expect iGear to release them under a different name, so people wouldn't know it was them. It seems iGears wants people to think their half involved, as the name implies their only partners in it. My same sources have also said before, they were behind the KO City/Shadow Commander KOs.

very well said, i am happy i have never gave i-gear a cent, and i never will, koing things is not a good idea

Razorwing
08-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I want.. but I'll have to wait sometime before getting it.

Dark Rage
08-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Has anyone inquired about the price of this? I think anyone should take caution if they would really want to buy from them since you might not get any of your money back.

I think it took over half a year for people to get their money back for the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus armor pre-order deposit, you might not be so lucky this time around.

BeeBoy29
08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Has anyone inquired about the price of this? I think anyone should take caution if they would really want to buy from them since you might not get any of your money back.

I think it took over half a year for people to get their money back for the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus armor pre-order deposit, you might not be so lucky this time around.

someone on tfw said it was for 95 usd?

Dark Rage
08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
someone on tfw said it was for 95 usd?

LMAO.

You might as well get a loose complete Hasbro Masterpiece prime for that price or even cheaper.

brr-icy
08-19-2009, 12:27 AM
hasbro dvd prime is only like 50, you can almost get MP-01 for that