PDA

View Full Version : Fake Masterpiece Starscream?

JohnnyVengeance
07-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Hi guys, I am kinda new to these forums. But i've started getting into the transformers collecting (sorta).
I saw a masterpiece starscream on ebay for less then $40 from Hongkong, I checked the guys feedback and the people seem pleased with what they got. Im assuming these buyers know what they are buying so they can't really fall for a fake. Should I go for it?

Thanks

alternatorfan
07-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi guys, I am kinda new to these forums. But i've started getting into the transformers collecting (sorta).
I saw a masterpiece starscream on ebay for less then $40 from Hongkong, I checked the guys feedback and the people seem pleased with what they got. Im assuming these buyers know what they are buying so they can't really fall for a fake. Should I go for it?

Thanks
$40 dollars is good but check the shipping usually the cost of the shipping is to make up the difference for what the item actually costs

rid
07-30-2009, 08:09 AM

Thanks
Ask the seller for pictures. Some sellers sell the Hasbro version to be a Masterpiece. I assume you're after the green-ish Takara version...

JohnnyVengeance
07-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Oh no, sorry I wasn't clear enough. But I want the one with the G1 color scheme. It only comes in that walmart boxing eh? Yeah I will definitely ask for pictures if I decide to get it. I have also been thinking about getting an Ultra Magnus MP, is there anything I should know before I purchase it? I want to make sure its never been opened before and I believe theres a re-issue? How do I know which is the original or reissue? Thanks alot guys!

brr-icy
07-30-2009, 09:05 AM
i have the takara version of the g1 starscream, it has a better colourscheme, and the box has a blue sticker in the lower right hand corner, i haven't heard of any fakes for him, or reissues

astrana
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
MP SS in china is dirt cheap....
the market price right now is 280 RMB, thats about 40+ CND
I guess the seller want to get rid of it really bad

PS: I think there were times some merchant were selling MP SS for only 190 RMB, and thats about 30 CND

Icetron
08-03-2009, 02:09 AM
^ And they were legit MP SS's? What about the prices for the other seekers, Skywarp and Thundercracker?

astrana
08-05-2009, 03:26 AM
^ And they were legit MP SS's? What about the prices for the other seekers, Skywarp and Thundercracker?

only G1 color Starscream went cheap, everything else is about the same.