PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay Comments On The Dinobots - I Hate Them

Super_Megatron
07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Michael Bay Comments On The Dinobot's (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/michael-bay-comments-on-the-dinobots-168241/)

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Tumblebug
07-27-2009, 10:03 PM
bah, Does anyone care what this guy hates or doesn't hate anymore? Seems like he is missing the point that this was once a cartoon aimed at kids in the 80's.

On the other side of the coin, I agree that seeing them in a "bayformers" movie might seem out of place. But they could't be more ridiculous than jar jar skids and darth mudflap...

Nightscrabbler
07-27-2009, 10:09 PM
On the other side of the coin, I agree that seeing them in a "bayformers" movie might seem out of place. But they could't be more ridiculous than jar jar skids and darth mudflap...

That's exactly why it wouldn't be out of place. The movie universe ain't exactly strict sci-fi. It's more like a live action cartoon.

I don't feel like commenting on Bay's attitudes any more. I'm indifferent toward Dinobots anyway.

Retread
07-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Didn't the dinobots fill the exact same role in the '86 movie that Skids and Mudflap do in ROTF? And he loved those two...

Tumblebug
07-27-2009, 10:20 PM
That's exactly why it wouldn't be out of place. The movie universe ain't exactly strict sci-fi. It's more like a live action cartoon.

That's true. I guess it's his attitude towards the movies that threw me off a bit... :rolleyes:

Tumblebug
07-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Didn't the dinobots fill the exact same role in the '86 movie that Skids and Mudflap do in ROTF? And he loved those two...

lol, so isn't that sort of a double negative on his part then?

down_shift
07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
anyone ask him "why?"

He can't justify a robotic T-rex, but he can justify a 7 story two wheel robots ripping up Shanghai?

oh wait, because it wouldn't make any sense for them to scan dinosaurs? Well any of the old story lines would take care of that.

But hey, maybe he's just head faking everyone like he did with the "combiner idea is stupid" or "Megatron isn't coming back" shenanigans he pulled last time.

Robimus
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
LOL!

Icetron
07-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Always love seeing his stupid thoughts. :p

chans formers
07-28-2009, 12:28 AM
But hey, maybe he's just head faking everyone like he did with the "combiner idea is stupid" or "Megatron isn't coming back" shenanigans he pulled last time.
:Dlolz!! you might be onto something there:D
imagine the hard-on bay would get pitting the military against the dinobots:Dlolz!

Team Jetfire
07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
For the record I am glad that there will not be Dinobots for the movie. It worked for the Cartoon, but if they were included in the movie It would be like Jurassic Park All over again.

But, Michael Bay is a dick to out right say he hates the Dinobots. He could have just said that they don't fit into the story or that they are awkward characters, but the fact that he outright says that he Hates them...shows just how much he really cares about the franchise prior to his universe...

SimonMK
07-28-2009, 12:51 AM
The ''I even hate them'' was unnecessary and seem he purposely said that to piss off the Dinotbot fans.

TheLogicalProwl
07-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Well, there is one good reason to include Grimlock in the next movie. A new Bay-former Grimlock would sell like hotcakes.

Magnimus
07-28-2009, 02:39 AM
That's rich. For all the stupid stuff he put in the Transformers movies, he decides to be discretionary when it comes to the Dinobots? Give me a break.

Maybe if ILM animated them humping Fox's leg he'd put them in.

Sun Swipe Prime
07-28-2009, 03:32 AM
That's rich. For all the stupid stuff he put in the Transformers movies, he decides to be discretionary when it comes to the Dinobots? Give me a break.

Maybe if ILM animated them humping Fox's leg he'd put them in.

Maybe it's for the best. Imagine if he did put them in. I have no desire to see dino-balls and penis flopping all over the place every time we get look from below.

tilallr1
07-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Maybe it's for the best. Imagine if he did put them in. I have no desire to see dino-balls and penis flopping all over the place every time we get look from below.

LOL

My only comment to Bay is, your loss.

I mean honestly, if done right, Alien Dinosaur Robots are the coolest thing since ice.

Bruticus82
07-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm sure he could work them in, like what if they are earth's attempt at reverse engineering cybertronian technology and experimenting with the allspark shards?

Meh, I don't really care enough about Michael Bay and the movie to say anything more...

OneShallFall
07-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Bay is a capitalist.Everything I have read leads me to believe he doesnt give two sweets #@$%s about TFs or anyone like us.He is driven purely by money.I dont care to read what he said,he is a douche(is that allowed here?).IMO he is a hack.The only reason the movies were enjoyable is because of what WE make of it.He is clueless to what fans want.Dinobots,no dinobots,doesnt matter.He would not do what we want anyway.

GMfan
07-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I love reading all these hilariously bad replies to some tiny news...why does one sentence from Michael Bay make people assume the worst?

Beechy
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
the coolest thing since ice.

Now that's awesome.

brr-icy
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I love reading all these hilariously bad replies to some tiny news...why does one sentence from Michael Bay make people assume the worst?

because we all know if he puts ultra magnus in it, he will be a pink hovercraft that shoots rainbows and has a voice like professor princess on helium
j/k
but, i am glad he isn't including them, (if it's not misinformation) one less team of bots he can butcher or give two mins of screen time then kill off

GMfan
07-28-2009, 01:14 PM
because we all know if he puts ultra magnus in it, he will be a pink hovercraft that shoots rainbows and has a voice like professor princess on helium

He'd still be Ultra though right?

:P

dak
07-28-2009, 01:19 PM
He'd still be Ultra though right?

:P

No, he'd be Ssssssuper.

down_shift
07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Lets get honest, the less popular characters he puts in the move the more room there is in Universe for the more popular charcters.

Mighty_Galvatron
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
It bugged me when I read what Bay said. I was thinking "Good for you man, way to go. I think I have a ribbon for you..."

It seems to me that he does not know enough about Transformers to justifiably hate anything.

Whatever Michael Bay.

onecoin
07-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I cannot enjoy a Transformers movie when I know that the person incharge of it just wants to shit all over anything transformers. To spend time and money developing scenes involving dog humping, stoned out mothers, secret agents working in a deli, military footage, gangsta autobots, then to say no to essential characters like the Dinobots continues to slap transformers fans in the face with his arrogance.

Pascal
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Only Grimlock can be considered "essential", the other Dinobots were pretty forgettable. I got a feeling we might see a non-dino Grimlock in the 3rd movie.

Uberman
07-29-2009, 05:59 PM
It's really easy. I mean, if that little shard can turn the kitchen into an army of gremlins, why can't it turn an animatronic dinosaur outside of a minigolf course into Grimlock? Blammo! Explains the talkin' funny! He starts bad and they have to train him to be good! Story arc!

I should be gettin' payed for this.

onecoin
07-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Only Grimlock can be considered "essential"

True enough. Bay managed to remember the Constructicons were construction vehicles, I think that should still be considered a small miracle.

OneShallFall
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM

If you include my response there you are wrong.I dont assume anything.Personally IMO both films were full of fail if you put them in a fans perspective.The only novelty is the fact that they were TF movies.If they were anything else I would have rather lit my money on fire before I watched them.Truthfully you cant believe he does anything for the fans.

OneShallFall
07-29-2009, 09:52 PM
It's really easy. I mean, if that little shard can turn the kitchen into an army of gremlins, why can't it turn an animatronic dinosaur outside of a minigolf course into Grimlock? Blammo! Explains the talkin' funny! He starts bad and they have to train him to be good! Story arc!

I should be gettin' payed for this.

You just wrote more of a story line then both Bay movies.

Matrix_Holder
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM
when he was doing either TF1 or pearl harbor , didn't he say that he makes movies for himself,not the fans... that he considers himself the pulse of the nation? I thought that was the worst thing a director could say, that's why it stuck in my head...I cannot remember where I read that though.

onecoin
07-30-2009, 02:05 AM
If you include my response there you are wrong.I dont assume anything.Personally IMO both films were full of fail if you put them in a fans perspective.The only novelty is the fact that they were TF movies.If they were anything else I would have rather lit my money on fire before I watched them.Truthfully you cant believe he does anything for the fans.

Yeah. Its one thing to assume the worst, its another to have an entire repertoire of films proving it.

Robimus
07-30-2009, 02:37 AM

I don't know or care what he does for the fans, that said the films do both include a lot of direct homages to the Transformers I assume some of us like.

From a "fan perspective" I actually think they paid a lot of attention to things they thought people would like to see. Prime is a Semi voiced by Cullen, Starscream a coward Jet, Ironhide was a warrior, Ratchet the Medic, Jazz the first officer with soul(well sort of). Soundwave and Ravage were both updated fan homages, as was Scorponok and even Jetfire in a round about way.

I wont presume to speak for my fellow fans but he did a lot of what I wanted(more in film one than film two for me).

His vision of Transformers has proven to be a commercial success and has catapulted Transformers into the conciousness of movie goers everywhere.

That means more toys, more comics, more cartoons and more Transformers in general in the years to come.

This is a good thing isn't it? It seems like it to me, even if he likes to screw with the "fans" by saying he hates Grimlock.

I bet Grimlock is in scene one of TFTM 3, while the Cullen voice over is booming on the speakers :D

onecoin
07-30-2009, 07:19 AM
That means more toys, more comics, more cartoons and more Transformers in general in the years to come.

It could also mean saturation and backlash.

OneShallFall
07-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I don't know or care what he does for the fans, that said the films do both include a lot of direct homages to the Transformers I assume some of us like.

From a "fan perspective" I actually think they paid a lot of attention to things they thought people would like to see. Prime is a Semi voiced by Cullen, Starscream a coward Jet, Ironhide was a warrior, Ratchet the Medic, Jazz the first officer with soul(well sort of). Soundwave and Ravage were both updated fan homages, as was Scorponok and even Jetfire in a round about way.

I wont presume to speak for my fellow fans but he did a lot of what I wanted(more in film one than film two for me).

His vision of Transformers has proven to be a commercial success and has catapulted Transformers into the conciousness of movie goers everywhere.

This is a good thing isn't it? It seems like it to me, even if he likes to screw with the "fans" by saying he hates Grimlock.

I bet Grimlock is in scene one of TFTM 3, while the Cullen voice over is booming on the speakers :D

^55 for your opinion.Hence the forums so we may voice ours as I did mine. Do I agree with you ,not 100%,but that is not what we are here for.And first off I am not here to argue with anyone.I was just defending my point of view from a statement that I thought was out of place.Am I thankful he made the movies?YES,but IMO they could have been better.It is not about Grimlock or his "hate" of him.

JSon
07-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Clearly he is just starting the disinformation for the third movie. Next he'll be telling us Megatron isn't in it! :rolleyes:

OneShallFall
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah. Its one thing to assume the worst, its another to have an entire repertoire of films proving it.

^55

Robimus
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
^55 for your opinion.Hence the forums so we may voice ours as I did mine. Do I agree with you ,not 100%,but that is not what we are here for.And first off I am not here to argue with anyone.I was just defending my point of view from a statement that I thought was out of place.Am I thankful he made the movies?YES,but IMO they could have been better.It is not about Grimlock or his "hate" of him.

Of course your welcome to your opinion. This is about discussion, not arguement.

Just don't expect to spend time insulting all things Michael Bay without someone putting forth the opposite point of view. This isn't a I hate Michael Bay thread exclusively.

Thus far you have called Michael Bay a Douche, a Hack, given the fans full credit for the success of his Transformer films(like he had nothing to do with it), added that the idea of a mini-golf Dinosaur becoming Grimlock was more of a story than both Bayformers Movies combined and basically QFT'd that every film Bay has ever made sucks.:)

Go ahead and hate away;), just don't expect everyone to sit by quietly while you do so.:)

Anyway I'm waiting for onecoin to let me know when the backlash against Transformers because of ROTF is going to start, cause that means the toys are gonna warm the shelves letting me get a lot more stuff dirt cheap:p I can't wait.:D

MrCHEESEMANn
07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
not interested in dinobots ???? like he wasn't interested in doing transformers 2? or combiners? or transformers 3?

onecoin
07-30-2009, 07:13 PM
not interested in dinobots ???? like he wasn't interested in doing transformers 2? or combiners? or transformers 3?

Or sausage. I heard he really hates sausage.

OneShallFall
07-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Of course your welcome to your opinion. This is about discussion, not arguement.

Just don't expect to spend time insulting all things Michael Bay without someone putting forth the opposite point of view. This isn't a I hate Michael Bay thread exclusively.

Thus far you have called Michael Bay a Douche, a Hack, given the fans full credit for the success of his Transformer films(like he had nothing to do with it), added that the idea of a mini-golf Dinosaur becoming Grimlock was more of a story than both Bayformers Movies combined and basically QFT'd that every film Bay has ever made sucks.:)

Go ahead and hate away;), just don't expect everyone to sit by quietly while you do so.:)

Anyway I'm waiting for onecoin to let me know when the backlash against Transformers because of ROTF is going to start, cause that means the toys are gonna warm the shelves letting me get a lot more stuff dirt cheap:p I can't wait.:D

:D Feel better?You have many good points.I personally dont care this much to be discussing.Peace?

<----will take the dirt cheap toys also

onecoin
07-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Anyway I'm waiting for onecoin to let me know when the backlash against Transformers

Waiting? I guess you missed the memo.

Team Jetfire
07-31-2009, 08:54 AM
Waiting? I guess you missed the memo.

A sour group of Message board haters does not a backlash make.