PDA

View Full Version : Battle Beast battles

JLvatron
05-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone, remember Battle Beasts? Well they've had a resurgence from Transformers conventions.

7 years ago at BotCon 2000, a dealer was selling them when we recalled their "Wood-Fire-Water" fights. So I challenged my friend to a battle (like Paper, Rock, Scissors) and I won!:)

This year at TransformersCon in front of a Battle Beast table, I challenged another buddy to a Battle Beast battle, and I won! I 'm 2-for-0 at Transformers Conventions!!:)

Feel free to rejoice, y'all. :cool:

Team Jetfire
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Remember the battle beasts theme song?

'battle beast's, battle for the fun of it!!!'

Probabley couldn't get away with that anymore...

GMfan
05-07-2007, 05:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_beasts

According to this they were a spin-off from Transformers Headmasters :D

What a coinky dink

prowl 4 mvp
05-07-2007, 10:59 PM

According to this they were a spin-off from Transformers Headmasters :D

What a coinky dink

They were (and featured in an episode airing in Japan). I have a few Japanese beasts and they come with cards that bear Autobot/Decepticon sigils. Both lines were from Takara. Quite cool...in an uber-nerd sort of way.

Aernaroth
05-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I never got that. I mean, even the action masters had accessories that transformed...

JLvatron
05-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Remember the battle beasts theme song?

'battle beast's, battle for the fun of it!!!'
That was part of the awesomeness!:)

In fact, it's the same reason I had my battles at the Transformers conventions.:cool:

JLvatron
05-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Wow, I never knew about the Sunburst warrior!
I loved the reason why wood beat water... :p

Nightscrabbler
05-08-2007, 10:18 AM
You mean 2 and 0. 2-for-0 would mean you have two wins in zero games, which makes no sense. Now you know, etc.

JLvatron
05-08-2007, 10:59 AM
You mean 2 and 0. 2-for-0 would mean you have two wins in zero games, which makes no sense. Now you know, etc.

Nice G.I.Joe plug!:D

Protoman
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually, Battle Beast had bases that transformed so their is part of the "transforming" factor. Also the Transformers mangas that found their run in several shonen books (Shonen Champions, Tele Shonen, ect) had 2 stories featuring White Leo and his Battle Beasts.

JLvatron
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Actually, Battle Beast had bases that transformed so their is part of the "transforming" factor. Also the Transformers mangas that found their run in several shonen books (Shonen Champions, Tele Shonen, ect) had 2 stories featuring White Leo and his Battle Beasts.

Did they feature the Fire-Wood-Water gimmick?

Shepp
05-08-2007, 07:27 PM
i think the fire-wood-water gimmick was a hasbro addition, to more or less keep the line isolated from transformers.

Protoman
05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
The Fire-Wood-Water gimmick was part of Hasbro's porting of the series here. Also the bases had the theme. Fire had a transforming phoenix base, water had a shark base and wood had a termite base. This also was seen in the mini vehicles for some of the beasts. Battle Buzzsaw was a fish based craft (Water), Battle Eagle was again some kind of phoenix (Fire) and Battle Savanna was a rhino beetle (the bug theme seems to link to Wood), all of which also had a Takara Japan release as well as here, by then they started to re-release figures with the water/fire/wood rub symbols, then their was the laser beasts, the chariots, kesigomu figures, ect ect.

JLvatron
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
That's too bad. The best part of the US storyline was:
-Fire/Wood/Water
-the reason they battle (for the fun of it)

If these weren't included in Japan, which had all the non-toy storylines, that's a big loss.

Protoman
05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
They did, just after everything was released. If your a Jap Beastformer collector, your going to have a hell of a time trying to track down all 5 variations of all the 76 initial heat rub beasts. (the 5th being Sunbust, a sign of a sun that beat all the other symbols)

Tech Spec
05-10-2007, 03:32 AM
I wish I still had my BB'S

JLvatron
05-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I wish I still had my BB'S

What happened to them?

Tech Spec
05-10-2007, 09:35 AM
My brother went back home to Winnipeg a couple of years ago and picked up what was left of our toy collection. Our collection consisted of mainly TF's, some GI Joes, and around 40 Battle Beasts.

He came back and sold the GI Joes and Battle Beasts on Fleabay and kept all the TF's. Really dissapointed that he did that without me knowing, but what can ya do. :(

JLvatron
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
My brother went back home to Winnipeg a couple of years ago and picked up what was left of our toy collection. Our collection consisted of mainly TF's, some GI Joes, and around 40 Battle Beasts.

He came back and sold the GI Joes and Battle Beasts on Fleabay and kept all the TF's. Really dissapointed that he did that without me knowing, but what can ya do. :(

I'll tell you what you can do. Challenge him to a Battle Beast battle:mad: ! Seek vengence in honour of all your Battle Beasts!:)

I suggest using the following speech:

"O brother, sellest thou our Battle Beasts with my council? Nay, you knave. Thou hast disrespected the honour of our esteemed toys. Ye have left no path but that for I to challenge ye to a Battle Beast battle.
Wood! Fire! Water! Have ye the courage to survive?

Commence!"

Xalticus
05-10-2007, 11:41 AM

Ritualistic Sacrifice is always an option.

Protoman
05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
or ebay

JLvatron
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
or ebay

TeeHee-ous!!! :D

Tech Spec
05-11-2007, 03:14 AM
right now we are not talking, its been a few months :D

JLvatron
05-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Wow, Matt Moylan musta bin reading this thread!:)

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=1831

Xalticus
05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I asked him and he denied it. I think its a ploy though.

Evan
05-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Wow, you guys remember way more about Battle Beasts than me. I can't even recall a cartoon. I know I have a couple of figures around, but who knows where they got to. I think they came in a two pack. I just watched the Headmasters episode a couple days ago with them in it. I had never seen it before.